Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Schedule for sleeve Feb 18th w/ Dr. Almanaza, anyone else????

Hello!

I am scheduled with Dr. Almanza in TJ for the sleeve, I am taking my bestie with me, but wanted to know if anyone else is scheduled that we could make friends with????

Thanks,

Sarah :biggrin0:

YES!!!!

I will be there!!! I am getting excited and just a little nervous.

The 18th is also my 49th birthday - which is significant to me. A starting over point. I hope to be 50 and fabulous in one year.

Look forward to sharing this event with you!

Hey Girls! Just four more days!

I am suddenly quite nervous, upset tummy, etc. Gonna pack tonite I think. I am going to Portland to visit my sister on Tuesday, will fly from there on Wed to meet my husband in San Diego Wed evening.

I guess we will find out what time surgery is on Thursday when we get there? Will be interesting! Would be fun to take a group photo before surgery!

Sarah, what time do you arrive on Thursday?

Penny, I too am a bit nervous, but excited too. Suppose that is pretty normal. I have been working like a mad woman and finishing up school work to get prepared. Haven't got my Vitamins or anything yet, I am finally of tomorrow and plan to do it then! Time sure has flown by so quickly since I first book this date two months ago! I am due to fly in at 0900. I am not coming in the night before because I originally was going to get the band and decided to get the VSG instead and my tickets were already purchased. So they were kind enough to work with me anyways! My best friend is going with me, my husband will be back at home with the kiddo. I am so ready to get a new lease on LIFE!

I would love to have brought my sister, but she has a 4 month old and I didn't think that would go over well in the recovery house! : )

All three of us are about the same size with a similar amount to lose, will be nice to have the support. Would be great if we could enjoy our weekend 'vacation' but we might have to schedule a reunion for that! lol

by the way, my user name is prolly confusing. My name is Jan - the pnw stands for Pacific Northwest : )

Haha...where in the world did I get Penny? Clearly I am losing my mind!!!! It probably won't be much of a vacation, but didn't plan on it being one either. My son is 10 months old, this will be the first time I leave him, period, since he was born. I am so glad to have met Teresa and you before going, just makes things a little easier I think.

I totally agree! There is alot of comfort knowing you won't be alone. We cruise whenever we can and have made awesome friends on a cruise website with people who will be on the same ship as us. After chatting for a few months, we feel like old friends when we finally meet onboard!

I may even let my husband cancel at this point. I am not as concerned as I was initially and I would actually prefer that he stayed home with our daughter. We'll see what he decides. He dislikes to fly so may take me up on the offer! LOL