Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can hardly believe it is only 5 more days until my surgery. I have already lost weight on the pre-op diet so I am psyched about that. I have to admit that I did slip up some and eat some "real" food but I tried to make good choise with just Protein and a bit of veggies. I hope I didn't screw anything up. I was just so hungry and couldn't stand the thought of another sweet shake at that moment. I am kind of worried about it and have promised myself that I will not do it again before the surgery.

Mine's in 5 days too and you're like me, it looks like.... JUST within the 100 lbs. to lose category.

(You'd think being 100 lbs overweight you wouldn't be thought of as a "lightweight", right? My feet sure don't think I'm a lightweight... but anyway)

My surgeon didn't even put me on a specific pre-op diet... I only had 12 days from when I saw him to surgery and he said it's never a bad idea to lose a little weight before surgery, but that I wasn't big enough to worry about having a really big liver... well, I've been trying to be good the last few days, but I do plan on hitting the Chinese buffet one last time tonight, then really hitting it super-low carb before the clear liquid diet on Sunday. From what I understand that's about all it takes to get the glycogen (I think?) out of your liver and shrink it.

Totally off-track here (been so preoccupied with this stuff I can hardly think about anything else!), but point is... I don't think you've messed anything up. :001_smile:

Are you getting nervous otherwise yet? I'm not, but have been getting little anxious feelings here and there, hoping everything goes well, hoping my hubby and son really are OK with this (I know they are, but worrying about everyone else is such a girl thing lol)...more than anything I'm excited!! There's a handful of us here who are going on Monday.... you know what, I'm starting to ramble again so I think I'm just gonna start a separate thread! LOL

Loosing,

I am sooo excited for you! & can't wait to set my date! Not much time left...good luck!!!

You have made me feel so much better. Thank you so much.

I am getting anxious/nervous, not really sure what word best describes how I feel. Mainly I am excited about the fact that I am actually going to lose weight. I'm not one who has ever really lost weight. I gained and have pretty much stayed where I am now. I go up and down 10 lbs and that is really about it. The fact that I am actually going to be able to lose the weight once and for all is almost overwhelming.

Good luck to you and I can't wait until we see how we are all doing in the next few weeks.

Oh my gosh! you took the words right out of my mouth! I lose and gain the same 5 to 10 pounds. I have been this way for the past 7 years. I am still wearing stuff from when I first had my second daughter and she is 6. Wild how you don't realize how many people deal with the same things and we usually feel like we are the only one in the world dealing with this crap. I am the most excited to be thin (& healthy). I want to enjoy the rest of my thirties and not wake every day beating myself up for the last 10 years of emotional eating. I just keep telling myself I am here NOW making this decision and have only life to gain from it!!! Keep me posted!