Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommend a good protein supplement

I was going to make a post for this. I am two weeks from surgery so I have been trying different Protiend drinks. Most have been recommended on this site. I find that I am pretty tolerable of the protien taste but can't imagine sippy a drink that taste like that so I went on a Quest to find one.

I tried Designer whey...this is what the Biggest Losers use. It's ok. Tolerable. Better if you add a splenda.

I tried Jay Robb...Same as Designer whey. It's ok. Not my favorite.

Then I got my nectar that I ordered in the mail. I got a variet pak so I could try some different flavors. The first time I tried one it was the Crystal Sky flavor. It had the same smell of Protein that the others did. But when I took a drink I was surprised!!! NO Protein taste. It was Great!! These Protein Drinks have 0 fat, 0 carbs, and 90 calories. So I tried the Stawbery Mousse. YUMMY!!!! Again NO PROTEIN taste! Yesterday I tried the Carribean Cooler. It tasted like Pina Colda. Not my favorite flavor because I don't like cocconut. NO PROTEIN taste. Today I had the Lemon Tea. Yet again NO Protien flavor. It tasted like instant tea.

I'm totally going to order more and stick with the nectar brand. I think I could drink these long term!

http://verticalsleevetalk.com/protein-drinks-powders/1325-places-get-liquid-protein-samples.html

Bodybuilding.com :: Your Shopping Cart

There's a couple of links for you to check, and maybe order some sample packs.

The only one I liked was the 2nd link I posted. The extreme milk chocolate was the only flavor I tried, and loved it. There is a 16 flavor pack for $18.99 of the Optimum whey.

I recently tried the five flavors of Chike Protein Powder. I was most pleasantly surprised by the Orange Creme flavor...which, mixed in Water with 2 oz low sugar Orange juice and a few ice cubes....it tasted so much like an Orange Julius that no one could tell the difference. The other flavors, (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and banana) were good, but not as noteworthy as the orange creme. I will order a tub of this. I use the Body Fortress Protein powder in Chocolate and Vanilla from Walmart to cover those flavors. It has a slight protein taste, but I can tolerate it. I've used Unjury Chocolate, Vanilla and chicken broth flavors in the past. I didn't care for their Strawberry flavor. Just keep testing....buy sample packs first!

Under the food Thread is a sub-thread on Protein powders. Lots of good information in that forum. Users have listed their favorite Proteins and OregonDaisy has a thread with a bunch of links for sample ordering information.

I have found that protein is a personal taste - everybody has their own opinion. I would recommend ordering lots of samples until you find at least one you enjoy (or at least can tolerate).

I started drinking Advocare shakes when I had my band. They were recommended by my fill doctor. They come in 3 flavors, vanilla, mixed berry and chocolate. Chocolate is my favorite. You have to order online at www.advocare.com. When I tried these and liked them, I quit looking. They have 220 cal. and 24 g of Protein.< /p>

Can anyone recommend a good Protein supplement? :001_smile:

I myself love the Bariatric Advantage Protein Powder in vanilla. . .it is very mixable. . i love to mix it in my yogurt. . . my favorite meal is 4 oz yogurt mixed with 1/2 c (powder cup) BA vanilla protein powder and 4 oz sf Jello. . tastes just like Jello and sweetened condensed milk. . . yummmmmmm:drool5:. . . the powder mixes really well with mootopia milk too. . . very smooth. . .and the sleeve loves it

Can anyone recommend a good Protein supplement? :001_smile:

I'm using Atkins Protein Shakes 160 calories, 15 grams protien, 4 carbs.

also Atkins Protein Bars 200 calories, 17 grams of protein, 18 carbs.

These have MUCH less carbs that other protein shakes and bars.

They also have Protein Shots (as in drink) at Kroger and Walmart.< /p>

It a tube of Liquid Protein. It looks like about a half cup of flavored liquid.< /p>

I've not tried that yet. Hope this helps.