Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 50th Birthday

Hi everyone

Well for those of you who know me, my original goal was to have my weight off by my 50th. Well yesterday was my birthday and I did not make it! You know I'm not upset at all, I made that goal when I got my band in March. Well the band and I did not get along, so here I'm 11 days out from the sleeve! I would have been about 18lbs out from goal but with the sleeve I added 10lbs to my goal. I know I will reach my goal with the sleeve and be happy with it. The weight is coming off faster than I thought it would and I can actually keep food down! So far I love, love, love my sleeve!!

Hey Happy Birthday!!,,, the 50's are good, and with you starting your new life it will be better yet. They say the 50s are the new 40s,, yours will be the 20s...

Way to Go on the loss,,, I will be very happy when I am down 52#.

Congratulations on turning 50 and on your weight loss. You've done a great job and I'm sure you will reach your goal before you know it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What a great place to be for your 50th birthday. I'm 50 too and hope to be sleeved and feeling the success by my 51st!!! Have a GREAT birthday!!

Kelly:thumbup:

Hi everyone

Well for those of you who know me, my original goal was to have my weight off by my 50th. Well yesterday was my birthday and I did not make it! You know I'm not upset at all, I made that goal when I got my band in March. Well the band and I did not get along, so here I'm 11 days out from the sleeve! I would have been about 18lbs out from goal but with the sleeve I added 10lbs to my goal. I know I will reach my goal with the sleeve and be happy with it. The weight is coming off faster than I thought it would and I can actually keep food down! So far I love, love, love my sleeve!!

Happy belated birthday Fab! Don't worry about not having made it to goal, girl you have next year. . . you really don't have that far too go you know! You'll get there. . .the thing is look how far you have come. . . congratulations and i hope you really enjoyed your day! keep up the excellent work

Thanks everyone!!!

I really appreciate the birthday wishes and the encouragement! I so love my sleeve. I don't know if I would have loved it as much if I had not had the band first. The band is such a pain in the butt, too much work. The sleeve, eat and go!

I really don't feel 50, well when I weighed 220 I did! I feel great, loving life and what it has to offer!

Have you had your surgery yet? If you have not, you will love it. The weight comes off so fast. Good luck to you in your journey!!

Hey Happy Birthday!!,,, the 50's are good, and with you starting your new life it will be better yet. They say the 50s are the new 40s,, yours will be the 20s...

Way to Go on the loss,,, I will be very happy when I am down 52#.

Happy Birthday!!!!! Good luck on your continued weight loss---- you'll get there SOOOOON!! It is just amazing to me how the weight falls off!!

I think the best present was your commitment to improve your health and taking the steps you needed to do so. I am turning 49 soon and my goal also is to be "Fabulous at 50!" Sandy

Hi Jpetty & Sandy

The sleeve is amazing for weight loss so far, I have dropped 12lbs in 11 days and I feel stronger everyday. I had to have a revision, so I'm not bouncing back as fast as I would have liked to.

Yes I think turning 50 will be okay!! I did want to be at goal by then, but I have revised it to be at goal at 50. That gives me a whole year and I only have 28 more lbs to go. With the sleeve I don't think I will have any trouble making it.

Have a great day!