Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK - That's IT! I am STILL not losing!

Excuse my english!!!

I had surgery dec 10 , no pre op diet. I was 210 pds. i m down 25 already but i have not lost an ounce in 10 days.

i feel really bad ,, sometimes I eat 4 M&M to keep me going , i eat very little.

instead of eating those M&M's why not eat an extra Protein? Don't sabatoge yourself, you did this for a reason and that reason was not by eating M&Ms. . . eat an extra string cheese, or another 1/4 cup tuna, hamburger meat, or something. . . something with sustanence but not so many carbs. . . . good luck

P. S.

I'm having the same problem you are. I think my body is conspiring against me. I'm eating 1/10th what I used to eat in terms of the volume of food and the type of foods I'm eating now are less sugar, less fats. SOMETHINGS GOTTA GIVE SOONER OR LATER. I keep telling myself that there's these little fat people inside me holding onto all that fat for their dear lives.

I am almost 6 weeks out and managed to lose 18lbs. I am 220 was 238 so very discouraging.

I didn't expect to have to go on the Atkins diet which seems to be the concensus here. I know can lose weight on Atkins but I cant keep that kind of eating style up for life. It's too restrictive.

I thought eating so much less would mean I am taking in 1/10th the calories I used to and so I would HAVE to lose weight. Not happening to this chubby cherub.

Oh well, I am not hungry and food doesn't have the appeal it used to for me so it's a start. I take Prevacid daily but still feel hungry so not sure why that is either.

Reading all these posts is helpful though.

Just wanted you to know you are not alone in this. I decided I won't let those little fat people inside me get me down. Good Luck and Skinny On!

Don't get sad, don't get mad :blushing:, get glad you lost more than you could have without the surgery :crying:!

that can be depressing but on the upside you have lost. at the end of the day you have to think that the science behind weghtloss will not fail less calories less fat ect... but maybe it is time to watch you carb intake mms are no good even if it four. i would die without my Protein Shakes i have become so creative with them. (hugs)

Hi IC4,

I'm doing Atkins post-op, but I'm not figuring that it's going to be forever. I'm doing this while in the losing stage because I'm 59 years old and want to get to goal. I bet that if we watch the carbs and get the weight off, that we'll be able to eat carbs a bit more freely when we get to goal.

Hi! I had VSG on March 12th. Lost ten lbs before surgery and was 331 on surgery day. I had trouble getting anywhere close to 600 calories until recently (although I shoot for around 800-but have never been above 650). I watch carbs and eat exactly as I'm supposed to. However, I too stalled out. In fact, I lost lots of weight in the first two weeks, then slowed down and now have been going up and down for like three weeks! I'm only at 306 six full weeks out for a total of only 25 pounds lost since surgery. Please help! I did have to be hospitalized twice for dehydration..but am now getting sufficient liquids in. I also exercise for twenty minutes, twice a day every day.:thumbup:

Hi! I had VSG on March 12th. Lost ten lbs before surgery and was 331 on surgery day. I had trouble getting anywhere close to 600 calories until recently (although I shoot for around 800-but have never been above 650). I watch carbs and eat exactly as I'm supposed to. However, I too stalled out. In fact, I lost lots of weight in the first two weeks, then slowed down and now have been going up and down for like three weeks! I'm only at 306 six full weeks out for a total of only 25 pounds lost since surgery. Please help! I did have to be hospitalized twice for dehydration..but am now getting sufficient liquids in. I also exercise for twenty minutes, twice a day every day.:thumbup:

Your body probably needs more calories since you are working out for 40 minutes a day. We have to fuel the body for it to burn the fat, and build muscle. Also, while muscle is leaner and takes up less room than bulky fat in our bodies . A pound is a pound. So, have you noticed your clothing fitting any differently, or notice that certain features are more noticeable now. You could be losing inches and not pounds.

I'm not sure what your menu/daily meal plan looks like, but if you can squeeze in a Protein snack to help with calories that would be your best option. If you're on regular foods, beef Jerky, string cheese, some Greek yogurt, etc would definitely help you some needed calories.

Hang in there, your body is adjusting to a lot of changes.

Thanks so much for your encouragement! I had a lot of difficulty with nausea and it's been hard for me to get up to 600 calories but I will try to eat more calories. I'm not sure I'm physically able to eat more (I just started adding a cup of milk at night to get up to 600 and it takes me until about 11:00 pm to get that in!), but I'll try to drink a little more Isopure during the day for extra cals and Protein. I generally eat a cheese snack and a carbmaster yogurt every day and once I can eat more I'll add another of these as well. I'm a heavy-weight so it should start coming off much more quickly soon!!! I've been very "pollyanna" about following the rules so I'm ready for some better results! I still can't get chicken or fish down (was able to get tilapia down for a week or so but now I can't..nor salmon...but tuna is ok) so my options for higher calorie 'hard' Proteins are limited. You have no idea how much I appreciate your reply. Sometimes it can be a lonely process!!! So - thank you!!! :sad0:

Thanks so much for your encouragement! I had a lot of difficulty with nausea and it's been hard for me to get up to 600 calories but I will try to eat more calories. I'm not sure I'm physically able to eat more (I just started adding a cup of milk at night to get up to 600 and it takes me until about 11:00 pm to get that in!), but I'll try to drink a little more Isopure during the day for extra cals and Protein. I generally eat a cheese snack and a carbmaster yogurt every day and once I can eat more I'll add another of these as well. I'm a heavy-weight so it should start coming off much more quickly soon!!! I've been very "pollyanna" about following the rules so I'm ready for some better results! I still can't get chicken or fish down (was able to get tilapia down for a week or so but now I can't..nor salmon...but tuna is ok) so my options for higher calorie 'hard' Proteins are limited. You have no idea how much I appreciate your reply. Sometimes it can be a lonely process!!! So - thank you!!! :thumbup:

Always feel free to shoot me a message if you need to talk, vent, scream.

I promise it gets better. I highly recommend if the nausea does not ease to get a RX for anti-emetic meds. I was prescribed phenergan and reglan. Both helped, but made me too sleepy to get in all of my fluids and food. The phenergan would knock me out for 4 hours at a time. My surgeon switched me over to Zofran and it was a Godsend. No drowsiness, relief within 15-20 minutes of taking it, and I was able to eat and drink without issue. It was hard for me to squeeze in extra calories as well. I relied heavily on soft cheeses like Laughing cow (especially the flavored ones), and ricotta cheese with a bit of marinara sauce heated up in the microwave.

Stay strong, and if you need anything let me know.

Wow. Ricotta and marinara sauce nuked for a little while sounds fantastic! I'll definitely try that. My doc did give me the anti-nausea med Zofran. I haven't taken it in a while. My main issue is just getting full so quickly and taking a long time to get my meals down. I ate some filet mignon today. Couldn't eat a whole lot but it went down fine! I was super shocked since I can't get chicken or fish down but the filet went down with no problem! Perhaps I can make an effort to eat foods that are a little higher in calories so I can eat the same quantity but with higher caloric values. Anyway, thanks again..SO MUCH and I'll give an update when I finally start to lose again! And I'll let you know if my dietitian gives me any good advice, too. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!!

I think it may have something to do with increased excercise. I stalled for almost 2 weeks like you and I had been working out at the gym 30-45 minutes at least 4-5 times per week. I learned to increase my intake on those days of calories because i would easly burn 300 calories causing a defecit for my daily calorie intake and cause my body to go in starvation mode and not release the fat. It seemed to work and i met the other eating guidelines the other guys mentioned on my non-workout days.

Thanks! My surgeon suggests 45 minutes of exercise every day. I'm sure I'm doing light exercise compared to most. I'm exercising 20 minutes twice a day at home (walking, dancing, Leslie Sansone-style exercise). I decided to take yesterday off to see what happened. I've just weighed and I now weigh 2 pounds MORE than last Monday! I wonder if getting fluids at the hospital (it was only one bag) and coming off blood pressure medication (and a diuretic) is also to blame????? I'm actually beginning to PANIC!!!