Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VSG Surgery with Dr. Aceves 1-25, who's going with me? Come on don't be scared.

Hello,

After reading post on this site and others and talking to a very nice lady in my hometown who used Dr. Aceves two and a half years ago for Lap-Band Surgery, I booked my VSG surgery with him for 1-25-10.

I will fly in to CA on Sunday 1-24. (Unless something goes wrong)

Anybody else going to be there then?

Anyone got anything to say about Dr. Aceves? I have read a lot of good things about him and his staff, but it never hurts to hear more.

Looking forward too starting this life changing experience.

If you going to be at the airport on the 24th, I will not be hard to spot, big, old, grey headed guy talking funny. Yeah I know, but a guy from Arkansas in a CA airport, they will think I talk funny. LOL, been there and done that.

Thanks,

Hey Gary, welcome to VST.

Congrats on getting your date ! ! ! I am sure plenty of Dr. A's patients will pipe in here, and share their experiences. You'll be in great hands, and I hear their service is top notch.

Best wishes, and keep us posted.

Hey Gary, welcome to VST.

Congrats on getting your date ! ! ! I am sure plenty of Dr. A's patients will pipe in here, and share their experiences. You'll be in great hands, and I hear their service is top notch.

Best wishes, and keep us posted.

Thank Tiff, I have read several of the post you have made and noticed you are a big

help to people going through this. Thank you for all of your support to the people on this forum.

Good to hear from someone who talks funny like me--I am from Missouri. I had a great experience with Dr Aceves. I wish all my doctors were cut from the same cloth. He is a superb doctor and wonderful person as well. Congrats to you, Gary.

Hi Gary,

I went to Dr. A for my band removal last spring, and MAY just be there for my sleeve the same time/week as you. If so, I will certainly tromp down the hall to say hi! (Last time I was there, it was all ladies, so a gentleman down the hall will be easy to spot!). :thumbup:

You will love Dr. A and Dr. Campo. They were both fantastic. The anesthesiologist was great too, and everyone there was just, well, great! I rarely had a language barrier, as everyone spoke decent to excellent English. I did make sure to print out the few phrases that might come in handy, like knowing how to tell them you're in pain... (dolor) that was helpful too. I also have a mini book of Daily Spanish for Dummies, which has been helpful...

Here's to your journey, and I hope to see you there! :biggrin0::biggrin0:

Thanks Norma and youknowit.

But wait a minute youknowit, I am not scared of the surgery, but being around a group of women, now that scares me. LOL

Norma, it never seems to fail, when I was driving a 18 wheeler and would go MA, CA, CO, MN, they wanted to make fun of the way I talk, even having me repeat words and then laugh. As well as said other bad things about us Arkansas boys, but I always thought it was them that talked funny. I do plan to wear shoes when I travel, if I can just remember where I put them.

No really, I looking forward to meeting and sharing stories with people who are going through the same process I am. People just don't understand unless they have been in our shoes.

Hope to meet you soon youknowit.

Thanks,

But wait a minute youknowit, I am not scared of the surgery, but being around a group of women, now that scares me. LOL

Be afraid, be very afraid! :scared0::ohmy::wink0::wink0: Hope to see you there, Gary!

Congrats on your date Gary. I will be having my sleeve with Dr. Aceves one week before you do. I'm so excited as I'm sure you are. Wish you best of luck. Oh and about the accent...I think people just ask you to repeat yourself because they LIKE your accent. :scared0:

Thank you very much Barbara278, I wish you all the luck with your VSG surgery too. I am so ready for this. I went through a year of trying to get my insurance company to pay for Lapband Surgery and maybe them not paying for it was a blessing. I started looking at these sites and was able to learn about the VSG Surgery and the more I read the more I wanted to go this route instead.

Since I'm having to pay for it myself I would rather just have one surgery and not have to worry about problems with the band. I know several people who have the lapband and not experienced any problems, but I don't want to take the chance.

Please keep me posted on how everything goes with your surgery. Let me know if I need to carry a big stick with me. LOL

Hope you have a great New Year.

Thanks,

Hey Gary I am Gary from Texas, pre-sleeve. I know everything will go well for you, and like was said in the previous post, they like to hear you talk because they like it. When I was in the UK for most of 2008, I had to do a lot of talking, and they seemed to like it, especially the girls, so watch it down there in Mexico and don't get into to much trouble.

Best wishes and Happy New Year!

Hey Gary! I wonder if they will knock us out and sleeve us at the same time?!!!! LOL! I am IN for the 25th too with Dr. Aceves. Just got off the phone with Monica tying up more loose nerves, er, ends! See ya there!

Carol

Good luck to you on the 25th! I'll be there on the 11th for mine, so I will keep you posted on how everything goes!

Hi Gary. Congratulations on your surgery date. I know you are in good hands. What a great way to start 2010. :) Keep us posted.

Hey Gary! I wonder if they will knock us out and sleeve us at the same time?!!!! LOL! I am IN for the 25th too with Dr. Aceves. Just got off the phone with Monica tying up more loose nerves, er, ends! See ya there!

Carol

Hey Carol,

Sounds good to me, we will have to ask them, LOL.

Monica is who I am dealing with also.

Look forward to meeting you.

Thanks,