Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

minutes from getting sleeved!

annearctica,

I'm right there with ya girl!! My surgery is tomorrow 12/30 with Dr. Alvarez in Piedras Niegras!! I'm not nervous-- I'm SOOOO ready. My friends and family are nervous!?*Hope everything goes well--keep us posted! I'll be praying for you and your recovery!!:bored0:

jennifer (jpetty)

Anne,

Congratulations on your surgery today. I'm so glad to see you posting so soon after surgery.

Jennifer, good luck tomorrow!

Jennifer, I'll be thinking about you!

I remain cautiously optimistic. I feel fine, just really woozy. I am trying to watch TV and movies that keep my brain occupied because otherwise I go into panic mode, wondering how on earth I will fly home on Friday or go back to work January 6 or keep my pug from leaping on my belly when I get home.

I know that it will all work itself out and that the wooziness is only temporary.

I went for a short walk up and down the hall and ran into a fellow sleever on her second day. She said it's been up and down for her and that she had pain last night after the anesthesia wore off. I appreciate her insights but am trying not to worry about too much future pain that may not come -- I know everyone is different.

We did agree that we were both glad we left our SO's at home -- they would be soooooo bored.

Dr. Campos just came by again, said everything looked perfect. I asked him to send me something to get to sleep when it's bedtime and he said he would. They take such good care of you here.

Talk to you all later. Thanks for listening.

Welcome to the loser's bench! Hope you had a goodnight rest. The hardest day is the third day I think...but everyone is different. Tomorrow you will be able to sip and walk a lot...have a good day working your sleeve!

So far today (day 2) is much harder. Took a 10 minute walk around the halls --- very painful! They gave a pill to take for it and I feel better now. My first sips of Water were great! What a relief.

I do get nervous with any cough or hiccups that I'm going to rip a stitch. Better to do that here than at home I suppose.

Just did my blue test and nothing came out, so I'm on the road!

I did start peeing late last night, thank god. I was afraid I would need a catheter.

My main complaint is that my room has no remote control for the tv and no one seems to be able to find me one. If that's the worst I have to deal with here in my luxury private room, I'll take it!

Did you all feel the earthquake this morning? I've been thinking about you all day.

Hey Cajun,

I just posted this in the other thread, but yes we definitely felt it! It was big! But everyone was fine, nothing broke, and it was over pretty quickly. I was in bed, luckily, so I was pretty well protected.

I am going to walk the halls a bit before bed. It is super boring but really seems to help with the gas.

Hey Cajun,

I just posted this in the other thread, but yes we definitely felt it! It was big! But everyone was fine, nothing broke, and it was over pretty quickly. I was in bed, luckily, so I was pretty well protected.

I am going to walk the halls a bit before bed. It is super boring but really seems to help with the gas.

annearctica:

A heating pad on the tummy helped me immensely when I was there. If you did not bring one, there are a bunch at the nurses station, just ask. Of course walking helped too. Isn't the hospital beautiful?

Hey, are you from the South Pole, or how did you get your "name"? :001_smile:

Hey Cajun, the hospital is very beautiful. I was just writing my bf about how unbelievable the price is for 5 days in a private room, constant tending from kind people, seeing both doctors 5-6 times a day. I am SO glad I made this decision.

I will ask about a heating pad. That sounds like a good idea. I had a lot of pain when I woke up this morning, but have done some walking, saw my new tiny stomach, and took a pain pill so I'm feeling a little better.

Plus I get broth soon!

I live in Alaska part of the time, so that's where my name comes from!

Congratulations! What an awesome way to start the new year!!!! Truly, think about all the "new year's resolutions" we've all made and in 2010...you have a tool to help you be successful. I was just sitting here reflecting on "how I didn't hit 200 lbs" by the end of the year...by 3 lbs mind you and it hit me..."WAIT A MINUTE SISTER! WHO CARES...I am on a steady stream of losing weight and getting healthy...quit putting the stinking thinking pressure on your self"....SO AGAIN, CONGRATULATIONS ON THE ROAD TO A NEW VERSION OF YOU;-) Please continue to share your journey and welcome to ours!

Anne

Congrats on your surgery, you are one day ahead of me! I hope you are doing well, I'm feeling better everyday.

Did you have a catheter? Because if you did it might be awhile before you will go as easily. The other thing is that you are not drinking so nothing to come out.

Good luck on your recovery and your weight loss!

Bernadette

Hey Bernadette,

No, I didn't have a catheter. I was peeing again by the very end of the second day, so it all worked out. Knock on wood, I'm on day 6 now and everything is going smoothly.

The hardest part is hanging out with people not drinking wine or eating food. My boyfriend has been awesome about getting out to see lots of movies and plays.

It's astonishing to never be hungry, and to not really worry about all the delicious food that's around me. I just remind myself that sooner than I think, I'm going to be able to have a bite or two of things that I love!

Hey Anearctica

Glad to see you are doing so well!! I feel so much better everyday, today I'm going to venture out and try to get a real walk in. I have 2 dogs that I would love to take but they tend to pull when they want to smell something so not yet.

Isn't it great!!! No hunger pains! I have to remind myself to get my Protein in so that I don't get sick. I'm still on Clear liquids and it does not bother me one bit. Love, Love, Love the sleeve!

Bernadette

I drink Isopure Zero Carb RTD and broth and sugar free popsicles. I know some people have had issues with the taste or the smell of the Isopure but I think it's pretty tasty (I drink the Icy Orange flavor.) I am pretty bored with phase II but will be onto phase II by Friday, and I am super excited to add those things!