Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

minutes from getting sleeved!

I'm in Mexicali right now, about to be sleeved by Dr. Aceves. The hospital is huge and professional, everything seems great! I am still super nervous but that is much more about the huge changes coming than it is about the surgery. I know I am making the right decision for myself; I am just scared about the coming pain!

I can't say enough about the staff or my awesome "surgery buddies" It has been a very loving, supportive environment since Ernesto picked me up in San Diego. The hotel they put us in was very nice, my "last supper" with one of my surgery buddies was delicious and I slept like a baby thanks to the Ativan they gave us.

I am sure it will all go well, but I can't wait to be home with my bf, my dog, and my new stomach.

Lucy just gave me my happy pill so I will see you all on the other side.

Yah Anne! Thanks for updating us and looking forward to hearing how your journey goes.

ps: I can't wait for mine on Jan 19th.

anneartica,

Hoping this note finds you safely on the other side of recovery and not feeling any of the pain...Dr. Aceve's team doesn't like to see people in pain so let them know when it's starting and they'll help you right away. In a few days you won't even need anything for pain!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

More of the same from me .....prayers, hugs and well wishes......I look forward to hearing from you all when your ready and able. God speed and blessings. happy new year!

Thanks for all your well wishes. I am awake and in very little pain so all seemed to go well.

The pain is not too bad right now at all, although I am having a serious problem with itching -- I guess that happens to some people because of the anesthesia. Dr. Aceves and Dr. Doogie Howser Compos just stopped by and they are going to get me something for that. The team here is really great, I can't be thankful enough for that. I know that I would not get such frequent personal attention if I'd chosen to do this at home.

I would give my eyeteeth for some Water, but I am so happy to be doing well and feeling pretty comfortable. Will keep you all posted -- thanks for being here.

Congratulations! Things will just get better from here! Keep us posted as you can.

I was catheterized for a while but when they took the catheter out I had a very hard time peeing. The nurses had to force urine out from me while I was lying in bed...(they did something and it poured out). After that one of the night nurses gave me a hot water bottle to rest on my belly while I sat on the toilet and it helped me to relax and urinate on my own.

congrats and welcome to the sleevers club. hope you have a speedy recovery. you can also try pouring warm Water over your privates!? hope that doesn't sound that bad. good lick and will look for your updates.