Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seeing my tool in action

So as a tradition each year, I bake a ton of different kinds of Cookies for Christmas and make platters to give away to people. This year I cut back slightly but still ended up making 8 different kinds. This year I nibbled here and tasted this and that. On Christmas day I probably had about 2 cookies total, plus the traditional Christmas dinner I cooked.

I spent yesterday feeling guilty and worried that I had sabotaged myself because I ate more then I have since surgery. That's a normal feeling for me. Whenever I eat until I feel stuffed, I spend the next couple hours feeling guilty. But I wasn't even thinking about how it takes a lot less to feel stuffed now. I really need to stop and think about that and not let the guilt eat away at me. It's not a healthy feeling. It's very depressing.

So this morning I thought for sure the scale would be up and I was willing to face that and remind myself it was the holidays, dust myself off and start over today. I stepped on the scale and it was down a pound. A very nice surprise for sure.

Yes, I may have had a cookie or two yesterday and snacked more then usual but I have to remember I'm eating about 1/4 of what I used to eat. I love my sleeve and I'm so happy I had this done and seeing the results today just confirmed to me that I made the right choice.

Happy Holidays everyone

Way to go Gin ! ! ! I actually snacked all day yesterday, and had Christmas dinner with the husband and kiddo. I had some pink Starburst candies (3), I had 1/2 sugar cookie, I even snacked on some Dill pickle flavored potato chips with the kiddo, some teriyaki beef jerkey, and I guess I'm just too stubborn to feel guilt.

Remember, you don't have to completely deprive yourself of everything for the rest of your life just because you have the sleeve.

It was a one day event for me, and I think we all deserve a little break here and there.

That's great and so encouraging! It's nice to know that someday I will feel "normal" again. Since I'm just a few days out of surgery, I've been wondering if I ever will.

Ok everybody - ive got it (not just the sleeve)

We my friends, are not on diets anymore. No more calories-weighing-counting etc.

We can eat whatever we want when we want and with the help of our inside measure we wont stuff ourselves ever again.

So drink - eat, be sensible and NO MORE GUILT.

We are "normal" now !!!!

Dalite

Love to all for the best new year so far.

xxxx

What a GREAT post!!! It is so wonderful to see that we can all enjoy the food that goes with special occasions (in moderation) once again! I think that is one of the worst fears we all have after the surgery and this post gives us all hope that we can be "normal" again in our new bodies. I am only 8 days out, but the futures so bright I have to wear shades!!! :thumbup:

Ok everybody - ive got it (not just the sleeve)

We are "normal" now !!!!

Funny you should say it like that, since I keep looking ahead to my surgery as a tool to make me a "normal" eater. I am so excited to just be able to look at food like normal people or skinny people do. I ate what I wanted this week and my surgery is in January. Next year I look forward to being "normal"!

Just have to say.....

I read the title of this thread and thought this VSG forum had taken a whole new turn in a very shady direction. :) Was relieved to see the tool in question was not what I first thought.

DaliteDesign,

I think we can be "normal" when we've learned to respect the "tool". I don't think it happens just because we had the surgery. There are many ways to "eat around" even a sleeve surgery such as drinking with meals or just consuming sugar calories and processed foods....so we still have to pay attention to what goes in the mouth.

However, thankfully, the "tool" helps us stay in control and even when the cravings get bad it helps to restrict the portions!

Tracy

So as a tradition each year, I bake a ton of different kinds of Cookies for Christmas and make platters to give away to people. This year I cut back slightly but still ended up making 8 different kinds. This year I nibbled here and tasted this and that. On Christmas day I probably had about 2 Cookies total, plus the traditional Christmas dinner I cooked.

I spent yesterday feeling guilty and worried that I had sabotaged myself because I ate more then I have since surgery. That's a normal feeling for me. Whenever I eat until I feel stuffed, I spend the next couple hours feeling guilty. But I wasn't even thinking about how it takes a lot less to feel stuffed now. I really need to stop and think about that and not let the guilt eat away at me. It's not a healthy feeling. It's very depressing.

So this morning I thought for sure the scale would be up and I was willing to face that and remind myself it was the holidays, dust myself off and start over today. I stepped on the scale and it was down a pound. A very nice surprise for sure.

Yes, I may have had a cookie or two yesterday and snacked more then usual but I have to remember I'm eating about 1/4 of what I used to eat. I love my sleeve and I'm so happy I had this done and seeing the results today just confirmed to me that I made the right choice.

Happy Holidays everyone

Wow, what a nice thing to see the scale go down after the holidays! This morning my scale said I was up 4 POUNDS! Is that even possible? I started back up though, eating healthy foods this morning, so it should come off again quickly. It's hard being without any tools to help me. I was so used to being stopped from eating like I did yesterday. When I look around at the table, I am eating the exact same thing everyone else is, but it tends to stick to me like glue, I think! Congrats on actually losing weight the day after Christmas!! Good going!

Kathy