Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am two months out and I am starting to cheat..not much but I do. I take little pieces of bread, french fries, little piece of cake. I hate myself for this. I should stop doing this. they pass really normal like anything else. i don't cheat everyday but I do every now and then. also I ate mixed nuts last two days. they are healthy but I am afraid they will sabotage my weight loss efforts. I will not take them again.

I know how you feel, I received a big jar of deluxe mixed nuts Monday and had two days of nibbling on them, can't imagine the amount of calories. Today they are being put away! Talk about sabatoging myself! However, we have to forgive ourselves and get our resolve back and move on!

(At least they weren't chocolates!)

Dark Dove chocolate is very much on my diet plan (after post op recovery).

It has so many health benefits. However, just like the nuts, cakes etc...it all needs to be kept in strict control. A treat "now and then" isn't going to kill your weight loss. NOT exercising to burn off the extra calories is what kills your weight loss!

oh how we all know where you are today. i was just probably a week/half out and we were watching a movie and everyone around me was having popcorn and there was a bag of gold fish sitting beside me and I started munching on them. letting them dissolve in mouth to a mush. my dr. would be furious with me. but you know we all go from eating whatever we want to eating nothing!!! how can they expect us to give up food just like that. that would be like asking a person who has smoked for 40 years to stop smoking!! this is an adiction and we all need to look at obesity that way. food is great and we all love it with a passion!! take it one day at a time.

OMG I am SOOOO Right there with you!!! I am 9 weeks out and I definitely have had great progress but I know it could be better and I kick myself because the Cookies, the chips go down so easy in comparison to the yogurt the chicken etc. I think I am having more of a difficult time figuring out what to actually eat because I am getting so much indigestion and acid reflux from everything (pasta and mashed potatoes = not my friends) that the baked lays and sugar cookies are just easy stand bys but WOW MELODY talk about sabotage!!! Ugh so mad at myself. Need to stop it pronto!!! I need to figure out what else I can try to eat at 9 weeks and start focusing on that and leave the chips alone lol

I'm 9 weeks out, lost 46 lbs since surgery.

And I snack :drool5:.

I dont call it cheating though.

I allow myself to do some snacking. I eat either (light) chips, popcorn or something chocolate/sweet almost every day!

I just make sure that I do get enough Protein and have a strict rule on minimum of 1 fruit a day.

I find that not making a big deal out of sweets/snacks/no-no's makes it so much easier on myself. I dont think about what I am NOT allowed to eat all day, I just think about the bowl of "fill in anything yummies here" I AM going to have in the evening.

And you know what? There are days that I just dont even feel like it. And I can say to myself, "nah, dont want it". But thats because I do allow it.

You guys know how it is with saying something is not allowed :blush: You're just not going to be able to resist it. :seeya:

No matter how much I'd like to be the health nut, the person who can resist carbs and sugars, I'm just not going to be that. Its not "me". Its not something I will be able to continue for a long periode of time, trust me, I've tried.

I was told by my dietist lady to "stick to your own "you"" Dont try and change yourself so much. Just do eat less of everything (like thats a choice post-op :cursing:) and make sure you stay healthy and fit!

Thats what I do, I do make sure I exersize as much as possible, and loving it!

Surely not everyone is the same, but hope maybe this post will help.

Hi, I make myself drink some chocolate fudge Myoplex (3 oz) BEFORE I indulge in a snacky treat. It usually kills the head hunger. I have had a few mixed nuts, but, I thought thoes were good for me. hahhaaha. not having any trouble with cakes etc. I generally have one bite and am done. I have been re-packing everything large that comes in and giving it to neighbors and friends. That way tempting stuff does not stay around too long. I also am trying to get one fruit a day down. I can only eat 1/2 a small bannana. I working on it. Sheeze!

Hi, I make myself drink some chocolate fudge Myoplex (3 oz) BEFORE I indulge in a snacky treat. It usually kills the head hunger. I have had a few mixed nuts, but, I thought thoes were good for me. hahhaaha. not having any trouble with cakes etc. I generally have one bite and am done. I have been re-packing everything large that comes in and giving it to neighbors and friends. That way tempting stuff does not stay around too long. I also am trying to get one fruit a day down. I can only eat 1/2 a small bannana. I working on it. Sheeze!

ya I know that! cakes are easy! I also take one fruit a day usually apple is my favorite. I can eat one small banana but I don't know I don't like it like before surgery. apple dont make me constipate and go down very easily and are filling me up. apple has always been my favorite fruit:).

mixed nuts are wonderful. they are useful but I know I should slow down and take only a handful of those. lots of best wishes and luck.

Thanks all for your reply. it really helped. you are all doing so great and you are inspiring. you all lost 40 plus something pounds. I am so proud of all of you. Keep the good work up.

You are welcome sweetie! I do believe in being as positive as possible and staying close to your true self!

I cant even eat 1/2 a small banana, I used to love banana's but it just fills me right up after a few bites.

What works best I find, is an orange. It takes so much time pealing, and getting all the little white stringy things off, it keeps me busy for an hour in the evenings :thumbup1: !

well Haley THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Ive been having an occasional little chocolate snack.- and feeling guilty!

No more. I will enjoy it - lets face it how much can i really eat anyway.

No more guilt here.

have a peaceful christmas everyone.

Dalite

xxxx

well Haley THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Ive been having an occasional little chocolate snack.- and feeling guilty!

No more. I will enjoy it - lets face it how much can i really eat anyway.

No more guilt here.

have a peaceful christmas everyone.

Dalite

xxxx

Guilt is not helpful, I agree with you. As long as we are following our surgeon's advice on calories/protein/timeline, we can eat anything, just in moderation.

Sometimes we have to "backpeddle" if we develop a problem, but that's usually temporary. Enjoy life. Take care of your sleeve. Forget the guilt.

i just had a piece of better than sex cake! i made it mostly sf except for cream cheese layer and the pecan crust. but i just didn't eat that layer. i just ate the sf pudding and whipped cream. do they make a sf powder sugar? i also have not eaten exactly good over these christmas holidays. too much carbs. stayed under 900 cal but had things that i shouldn't have. only ate an ounce or two but it was bad for me but was nice to have other things that i just love!!

I am two months out and I am starting to cheat..not much but I do. I take little pieces of bread, french fries, little piece of cake. I hate myself for this. I should stop doing this. they pass really normal like anything else. i don't cheat everyday but I do every now and then. also I ate mixed nuts last two days. they are healthy but I am afraid they will sabotage my weight loss efforts. I will not take them again.

Nuts are a healthy snack as long as you don't eat too many. Once I'm back off mushies, I'll resume eating some each day.