Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best support bra?

I have yet to find a good one, anybody have any suggestions? These boobs make me look matronly and I hate that.:thumbup:

What size are you currently? When I lost my first bit of weight and needed new bras I found the Soma line at Chico's and LOVED what these bras did for me. I got them from the outlet and they were on sale for $10 each. They are now too big and I really wanted to order more, but refuse to pay the full price...might have to mosey over to the outlets again. Two weeks ago I went to Khols and found a Maidenform bra that gives a little push-up and it's okay. My ladies look good and lifted, it's pretty comfortable, but the straps don't always stay up (and they are on the furthest setting). I tried on so many types and sizes and this was the best I could find there. I also tried Macys and had a lady fit me and recommend a good bra, but it was nothing like the great experiences I've had at Nordstroms (with knowledgeable sales people)...I didn't feel like walking down to that end though.

Good luck and if you find one you like please share!

I unfortunately have been going to Nordstrom. They are WONDERFUL. I hate paying top dollar but WOW what a difference in my posture, the way clothes hang, the way my back feels. My band size has gone down WAY faster then my cup size and I find myself in a precarious position with my cup size going up TWO sizes. I started this journey at a 44DD. Now, a 34G - remember cup size is proportional to band size - 34G is same cup as 38DD or 40D, just smaller band). I have been going in about every 6 weeks to be refitted. I actually went in today and was measured to nearly be in a 32 (tiny band, large cup - those bras are HARD to find). I don't think I have EVER been a 34 band, yet a 32? what?? - someone posted something about weight being dispersed differently now than when you were 18 even though you might be at the same weight - yeah, I get that. Wish I could be more help, I am waiting to lose more in the bust so I can buy a 34C-D at normal stores.

Linda,

I think you have me convinced to go and get fitted. When I think of the money I've been shelling out for clothing before I get to goal, I might as well get a couple really good bras to make those clothes look good.

Sorry girl - didn't want others to have to shell out the $$$, but it really makes a huge difference for me since my bra size is all messed up right now. However, why I was shelling out unreasonable amounts of money today on another new bra, I got a really cute top to wear out tomorrow night, on sale ($15). So I got a top and a bra for barely less than $100. At least the deal on the top made me feel better.:001_smile:

See, when you say it like that (top & bra=$100) it doesn't sound too bad, until you let out that the top was only $15 ;-) Oh well. If the snow they're predicting tomorrow is light, then I'll be headed to the mall in the morning and will see what kind of deals I can find:-)

By the way, make sure to get some pictures in that cute top so we can all see!!!

I have yet to find a good one, anybody have any suggestions? These boobs make me look matronly and I hate that.:(

Can't help you there...I don't have much to support! Got the "tube sock" effect going on!

Guest Stephanie

Lane Bryant has really good bras. They have a nice cup that helps with shaping. Im a 40DD and everyone comments that I have nice boobies!

I just want to again mention Soma bras. I was waiting for an appointment this morning and wandered into the Soma store. Was fitted and bought 4 new bras. I just couldn't believe how much better the dress I was wearing fell on me when I had the new bras on under it compared to the one I wore into the store. It made a huge difference. I did pay full price for 3 of them, but I hope this will be my bra size for good.

Dee Dee, I can't wait until I am petite enough to wear Soma, I have read they are the best..but they don't make ginormous there...But when I do, I plan on stocking up myself. Right now, I am buying mine at Lane Giant..they have my size and it's comfortable. Maybe by summer, my hope is to be at 150. Congrats on your success, you look marvelous!

Okay, let me start by saying I have boob issues from way back. Was a 34 or 36DDD for a long time, got really skinny and went down to 34D "tube socks", went back up to a 36FF, got a breast reduction, then they grew plus I gained weight so I'm back in a 38DD or DDD. BUT to answer you questions the best bras out there, really, are made by Wacoal. They are wonderful. They are also $60-80 each. However, Marshall's carries them at some pretty awesome discounts. Even the DDD sizes. I was SO excited after years of going to specialty stores and spending major money on bras...