Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New member...new life...

My name is Marissa. I have been struggling with my weight since around the age of thirteen. Its safe to say I was an emotional/large volume/binge eater. I loved to eat food. I would go on various diets, lose a ton of weight and slowly gain it back. Two years ago after having a Tummy Tuck done, I went to a nutritionist who had had a vertical gastrectomy done by Dr. Paul Cirangle. She said it was the only thing that had worked for her in keeping the weight off. At that point I was at a lower weight and was confident that I would not get back above 250lbs. Then the weight slowly crept back on. I was naturally frustrated and revisited the idea of a weight loss prodcedure. I looked into lap bands and decided to attend a lapsf seminar. When I arrived, Dr. Cirangle asked which procedure I was interested in, the band or the vertical gastrectomy. Immediately, I recalled the conversation I had with the nutritionist and knew right away the verstical sleeve was the procedure I wanted to pursue.

It was not easy. It took a lot of calls to the surgeons office and the insurance company. But with my tenancity, it worked out. I got the preapproval through the isurance company. Did all the tests necessesary and here I am three days post op. I spent two nights in the hospital, which was difficult. I had trouble getting the fluids down, so they had to keep me an extra night. It was a relief to get home last night and spend some time with my kitty and dog and sleep in my bed.

It is still difficult getting the fluids down. I have to take sips very slowly and the gas makes it very uncomfortable. I hope this subsides soon. I try to keep myself active because they say being up and about is the best thing for you. I guess wish me luck. I think I'm doing everything right so far. I have all the tools necessary. I just have to keep on top of my consumption of Protein, which I've been tracking in a diary. :thumbup1:

That is wonderful and good luck on your weight loss journey.i can't wait until i have my surgery when i get my income tax. And what makes it good is that you already had a Tummy Tuck, so you don't really have to worry about to much sagging skin in your tummy area.

Good Luck,And i will be prayin for a speedy recovery.:thumbup1:

marstout - welcome to VST and congratulations on your surgery. I've heard Dr. Cirangle is an awesome surgery . Keep us posted on your progress and if you have any questions, ask away.

Hi Marstout- Welcome to the boards!!

Keeping a journal is exellent! Remember to write down WHY you ate and how you felt.

Take mesurements once a week......

You may not see the scale move.. but inches may be melting away!

glad to have you with us on the losrs side!! If you got any questions... post away!!