Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Major complications @ emmanuel medical center

This thread was at the top of the "new posts" ten minutes ago. Now it has disappeared...where did it go and why? I did a search and found it but can't tell where it was moved to.

HMMMMM.

It is in the exact same forum where it has been all along. Probably just a bunch of other people were responding to posts at the same time, which moved it down. Happens all the time.

I'm sorry to say this post is a fake

This ia pretty bold statement, and I am someone who is going to Dr. Alamanza in less than two weeks. I have some concerns about possible problems, but as my PCP has told me the risk of infection is always going to be a threat regardless of where the surgery is done. I am going armed with anti-septic wipes, bactine, gloves, and whatever else I feel necessary to protect myself.

I feel bad for NJSleever, I hope that she gets well soon and in a way glad that she has posted her experience. If there is a problem Emmanuel should be acting towards rectifying and I will be coming in after the corrective actions have been implemented. Drama around this Doctor does not seem to be anything new, but there are a lot of patients out there that have had a good experience. NJSleever has added to her credibility as she has posted both pre-op and post-op. Some of the negative slams have come from posters who post less than 5 posts and you never hear from them again. I don't put much value on posts like that in an open forum like this when anyone can be anybody they want and make whatever claim that suits their purpose. I at this time do not put NJSleever in that category.

Back to your statement. How do you know this is a fake post? What proof do you have? What is your relation with Emmanuel: ex-patient, coordinator, employee? Not trying to be rude, just wanting to get more details from you.

Thanks

Bill

Hi Bill

Sounds like we will be at Emmanuel with Dr. Almanza at the same time. I'm a patient...vsg...What are you having.

For one thing, this story is totally fake as there was no such surgery done on that date...

I have forwarded the info to Dr. A, his staff, and the site admin. Another fake story was posted on ObesityHelp by a Maria S she altered the details, but mostly the same...total BS! These posts are part of a smear campaign by a poster who gets kickbacks from the mx dr she supports. She attemptst to instill fear in anyone who uses Dr. Almanza. I think it was removed as it could in no way be substantiated. Go back and read NJSleever's posts----doesnt ring true....I am a nurse (17 years ICU) and what she said DID NOT ADD UP whatsoever. If you ask njsleever her for info she cannot, will not provide it.

If you'd like to talk please PM me and we can exchange phone numbers. I cannot give all details publicly as this serious case of slander/libel is under investigation. As a man in business, you can certainly understand that all a man or woman has is his or her good name. Bill, I hope to hear from you and it sounds as if we will be meeting in a few weeks.

PM sent. I will be there for VSG 12/29/09. I look forward to hearing from you and maybe having a sleeve buddy while I am there. My Dad is accompanying me, are you going alone?

Bill

Bill I am having mine the 30th so I am so game to have a buddy. My bf is going too, maybe keep ur dad company while we recover! Call you in a bit

I don't believe NJsleever is a fake. I am actually very upset that someone would come here and call her a fake and people are believing it.

I was there on the 19th of Nov. and I came home with an infection as well. Since I posted my story (on the OH webpage) i've had about 5 other people PM me that they had an infection from going there as well but were to scared to share their stories because they thought it was an isolated incident and didn't want to scare people away.

Something is going on there and it ain't pretty. My infection never got as bad as some and that is because I went to my PCP right away, the day I came home. It's all healed, at least it looks like it. I can still feel a knot under my skin and when I lay on my tummy if feels like i'm laying on a golfball and some slight pain. I am thinking I need to make another appointment just to make sure.

About thinasiwant. I would never believe someone that has not even been there yet, or so she says. How would she know if there was no surgery on that day unless she's working for the dr? Of course she's going to call NJ's story a fake. And I think I know who she is, in fact, i'm almost positive.

Pretty sad when money is more important than people.

NJSleever, hang in there. Keep your chin up and if you need someone to talk to, I'm here.

It does not sound fake to me. How do you know it is a fake?

Hey....I never said YOUR story wasnt true and btw, I am very sorry to hear it happened. The other one with njsleever is COMPLETELY FALSE.I know you from OH....remember Marie S. and her post "i never expected this?" ...same fake story. Dr. A and his team are dealing with this, however I have it on good authority that there was no surgery that occured on the day "Maria" said was her DOS. I am a patient with surgery scheduled 12/30 and I will provide my own honest review at that time...and u may anytime PM me and confirm my identity! Njsleever cant talk to you....she doesnt exist...btw who was your coordinator?

Hi. See above post between Wing Rider and me:)

Hi Bill

Sounds like we will be at Emmanuel with Dr. Almanza at the same time. I'm a patient...vsg...What are you having.

For one thing, this story is totally fake as there was no such surgery done on that date...

I have forwarded the info to Dr. A, his staff, and the site admin. Another fake story was posted on ObesityHelp by a Maria S she altered the details, but mostly the same...total BS! These posts are part of a smear campaign by a poster who gets kickbacks from the mx dr she supports. She attemptst to instill fear in anyone who uses Dr. Almanza. I think it was removed as it could in no way be substantiated. Go back and read NJSleever's posts----doesnt ring true....I am a nurse (17 years ICU) and what she said DID NOT ADD UP whatsoever. If you ask njsleever her for info she cannot, will not provide it.

If you'd like to talk please PM me and we can exchange phone numbers. I cannot give all details publicly as this serious case of slander/libel is under investigation. As a man in business, you can certainly understand that all a man or woman has is his or her good name. Bill, I hope to hear from you and it sounds as if we will be meeting in a few weeks.

Hi. I am a nurse for over 30 years and I'd like to know what you think "does not add up". It all sounds plausible to me but I'm open to any proof, either way.

No, I'm sorry, I don't remember Marie S. Never heard of her, at least that I can remember. I didn't say you were saying my story was false. I was saying to come here and say someone elses story is false sounds fishy to me. If you do not work for the dr, you sure do seem to have a awful lot of information. Something does not add up. I can't prove her story is true and I can't prove you are telling the truth either. I can use my own common sense and judge for myself, which is what everyone else will have to do as well.

How do you know me from OH? That also makes me question what you are saying. I remember talking to someone on the phone about a week ago, that works for Dr. A about a smear post but had no idea who posted it or really any details about it. Makes me wonder when you are asking me if I remember...

As for Dr. A. I have all respect for him. I think he did a wonderful job on my surgery and I'm very pleased. However, there is something going on there with infections that needs to be cleared up. I feel people need to be aware. I'm not trying to keep people from going there. I'm simply being truthful about MY experience.

Hey....I never said YOUR story wasnt true and btw, I am very sorry to hear it happened. The other one with njsleever is COMPLETELY FALSE.I know you from OH....remember Marie S. and her post "i never expected this?" ...same fake story. Dr. A and his team are dealing with this, however I have it on good authority that there was no surgery that occured on the day "Maria" said was her DOS. I am a patient with surgery scheduled 12/30 and I will provide my own honest review at that time...and u may anytime PM me and confirm my identity! Njsleever cant talk to you....she doesnt exist...btw who was your coordinator?

I am so sorry for what you are going through Maria and wish u a quick recovery. I am sure that you are going to get better soon but nothing can make u forget your sufferinggs, you desrve a full refund and hope u ask for it. They did something wrong and they have to pay for it.:sneaky2:

The only reason I didnt think it was fake, because I read about gingin's problem first. Then I saw NJSleevers response. If it is fake, that's really sad that someone would do that, say all about having autistic children and all, really messed up.

Gin im glad you are doing well and I appreciate your honesty also.

Thanks.