Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Weeks To Go!!!!!

Hello all,

I will leave for Tijuana in two weeks and be sleeved on 12/29/09. I can't believe the time has flown by so quickly. I am excited, nervous, scared, etc. I am sure nothing new to anyone else on the board.

I have gotten my samples of Protein Shakes from bodybuilding.com (thanks Tiffykins for the heads up on them) they shipped super fast. I have also tried these

whey Protein Shot Ultimate Recovery Fuel 2.9 fl oz, 3pk: Diet & Nutrition

They taste ok at room temp, but chilled they were really good. Are they ok to drink post op?

Give me all the advice you got, it will be appreciated.

Bill

Hey Bill, congrats on your upcoming surgery. We'll definitely be keeping you in our thoughts.

As for the Protein shots, there is a lot of debate about the quality of Protein. I used them temporarily because I had to get in some sort of protein, but they are mainly made of collagen protein which is controversial. Some say any protein is better than none. My mom uses them religiously with her band and has for 2 years.

Best wishes Bill, and I hope you like the Optimum whey samples. We love the extreme milk chocolate flavor.

Congratulations Bill, your time is almost here! This is a great place to share your excitement, fears, last minute nerves, etc., others may have posted about them before, but we've never heard from you, so they're new to us:-). Good luck on the final countdown!!!

Isopure tastes pretty good over ice too and Walmart carries that as well (I like the grape frost the best) and at 60 calories is easy to fit in during the day. If the taste is not quite your liking, add some watered down Crystal light to it, the fruit combo tastes good -banana etc in it. I find crystal light too sweet without a lot of extra Water and tons of ice in it. We need the fluids in anyway is my attitude. You will do well Bill, keep you in my thoughts on that day, we will be on the road travelling from Lethbridge back to Saskatoon from spending Christmas with Alison and family.

say Hi to everyone down in TJ for me OK?

Cheers,

Donna

Bill,

Congratulations. I too am hoping to be sleeved on 12/29. My EKG came back "abnormal," so I may have a snag. Good Luck, and safe travels!