Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share with me, if you want too

I started this out at a stunning 313 pounds I am pre op and wondering if its possible to reach 145 pounds. 168 pounds THATS a whole other obese person...

So can you or are you willing to share your start weight (the weight you were when you decided you wanted WLS)

And if you are at goal or what your goal weight is???

I'm also pre-op. I was 283 or 284 when I went to my first appointment. The last one I went to (which was 2 months ago), I was 278 with a heavy sweatshirt on. I haven't weighed since then (I'm a college student 2 hours from my clinic, so I don't get to go very often! Having surgery over winter break), but I'll have my next appointment this coming Thursday & we will see what I am now. :bananajump:

My goal is to get down to 140, which would put me at 22.6 BMI, in the healthy range. That's my goal, but if I'm happy before then, who knows! Last time I was even CLOSE was at 170 and then I was in some size 14s and happy with myself, but I want to be as healthy as I can, so we will see. :)

So, I understand where you're coming from! I'm hoping to lose a whole-sized-person's worth of weight too. We can do it! :lol0:

Edited by MidwestGirl
big typo, haha

I also started out at 283. Currently, I am 198.8 and would be very happy to get down to between 140 and 145. I have no reason to believe I cannot reach that goal, and when I do, look out world, I will be shouting it from everywhere!

I'm an "open Book" when it comes to this surgery!

I'm one of the heavyweights here........ I already "lost that whole other peson"......158 pounds in 10 months!!

My heavist waas 373 and when I went to surgery- I was 354.

I now weigh 196

My goal weight is 160- VERY do-able!!!

Depending on how I feel- I might shoot for 150!!!

I just went shopping and am in a size 12 Jeans!! So not sure what size I'll end up- but it's WONDERFUL!!!

Hi..

I am 301 pounds and have a height of 5'6''..My surgery is scheduled for january 4th... I have to lose 147 pounds.. With so much of inspiration from Chancie, Tiffykins and all others, i am confident that i will lose and look a new person altogether....

Thanks

Roja

I am very excited to hear all of this!!!

I am oooh so looking forward to doing this. EVERYONE who posted wow...

Midwest girl you lost down to 178 ALREADY??? ByGolly!!

Susan rock on keep it up. Very wonderful work.

Roja your time is right around the courner.

Chancie wow keep it up girl your rocking it!

I am very excited to hear all of this!!!

I am oooh so looking forward to doing this. EVERYONE who posted wow...

Midwest girl you lost down to 178 ALREADY??? ByGolly!!

Susan rock on keep it up. Very wonderful work.

Roja your time is right around the courner.

Chancie wow keep it up girl your rocking it!

Oh wow...Why do I always do that? I always SAY 178 when I MEAN 278...I wish, lol! :scared0: I'm silly. I'll edit it. :bananajump:

I started this journey about 18 mos ago and weighed 263 (I am only 5 ft tall).

I lost about 135 lbs in less than a year and have easily kept if off since.

It has been an amazing journey.

I started off at 270 with my band surgery in Oct 1,2008. Lost 23-25lbs the first 2.5 months, complications started, and I gained back a total of 18lbs. So, 7lbs lost with the band in a total of 8 months.

Sleeve revision on June 3rd, I started at 263, and today I'm at 156. 6 months post revision, I've dropped 107lbs.

I was wearing a 22/24W pants, a 26/28W shirt/blouse, today I wear a Medium blouse, and in between a 12/14 or size 15 junior jeans.

Your goals are definitely do-able. I have a goal weight of 150 set by my surgeon, and myself. I have 6 more pounds to goal, and would like to maintain around 140-150.

My heaviest weight ever was 244 a few years ago. Since having had two knee replacement surgeries last year, I got it down to 211 and then went back up and was gaining a bunch and that is when found our about this sleeve surgery. I was 221 when I came home from having the surgery end of September, and am now at 188. Loving the whole process! And my goal weight is 140, but know that at only 5'2" I will still have under-the-waist belly fat even at that weight, so will likely go and and try for 130! We will see!

Donna