Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is a typical day of food for a sleever 6 months down the road? Right now I can't imagine ever eating any meat! Seems the sleeve isn't big enough to break down the food to process....I think I may be panicing...Give me some examples to look forawrd too! Thanks, HBM

I am almost a year out. You will be able to eat meat. For lunch or dinner I am able to tolerate: third to half a cheese burger w/ the bun tossed away after a few bites (depending on size of cheese burger). About 5-6 bites of meatloaf, and then a couple of bites of potatoes, and a few bites of vegetables. Sometimes I eat a couple of pieces of deli ham or turkey and a piece of cheese. I like rotessiere chicken and 6 bites or so. I can eat a taco, depending on size. Or a 1/6 to 1/4 of a shredded beef quesedilla. I can eat a medium piece of thin crust pizza. I really haven't tried steak, so I can't say. I never did eat steak much anyway.

I often to go back to what I ate at the begininng -- tuna mixed with Laughing Cow cheese, canned chicken, cottage cheese, cheese sticks, eggs and such.

What really fills me so quickly and therefore I do tend to stay away from are breads and Pasta.

Growing up, my parents owned a very nice steak house, so I was brought up on filet mignon and it is definitely something I could never give up. I have been eating it since about two months out without any problems. I can't eat a lot of it, but I do enjoy it. I am pretty much able to about the same quantities as netherfield.

Tonight for dinner, we had venison steak with peppers and onions.

I ate 6 strips (about 3-4 inches long), 3 or 4 of the peppers and onions, and about 1/8 of a cup of Zatarain's dirty rice.

I am able eat 1/2 cup of ground meat, 1/2 of a taco with light lettuce and cheese, 1/3 of a chicken breast or a chicken leg, I can eat 1 slice of thin crust pizza, I can 1/2 cup of mac-n-cheese with ground meat mixed in it. I eat steak, typically t-bones grilled to med-well on our grill here at home. I can 2-3 slices of thin sliced deli meat with cottage cheese rolled up inside. I can eat 3/4 to 1 cup of venison chili made with ground meat. Venison is my favorite meat to eat because it's so lean, and so high in Protein. Plus, I found tons of recipes that make the meat so tender that I can eat more of it than other meats.

I have absolutely zero digestion issues with meat. Cheese is the one thing that I do not consume all the time because I have found now that it is more binding than pre-op. I love cheese, but I eat it in moderation.

I'm 6 months post revision from band to sleeve. I've been eating meat for 4 months. I started off with soft meats tuna, chicken salad, seasoned ground meat and boiled chicken breasts. I love beef Jerky (teriyaki flavor is my favorite and eat it once a week) as well, but I try to watch the sodium content.

I love Venison too for the same reasons, and my husband is a hunter. We've just cut up and processed out 2nd deer. And the freezer is FULL of it. I would LOVE to have you venison recipes so I can cook it different way. May I?

I love Venison too for the same reasons, and my husband is a hunter. We've just cut up and processed out 2nd deer. And the freezer is FULL of it. I would LOVE to have you venison recipes so I can cook it different way. May I?

www.allrecipes.com

(type Venison in the search feature)

I've made the chili, and smothered steak so far.

I'll send you the ones I've used thus far. I always modify them for our family specific taste preferences, but they have some great base recipes.< /span>

I made this one tonight, and it was DELISH ! ! !

Venison Tips and Rice - All Recipes

58710.jpg

Instead of beef flavored rice, I used Zatarain's dirty rice.

I marinated the meat for 4 hours in the dry rub and marinade listed below. I used venison round steaks, with the little bit of fat trimmed and cut into strips (kind of like fajita meat).

Dry rub:

Tony Chacere's Creole seasoning

2 teaspoon of Cumin

2 teaspoon of Tumeric

1 tsp of ground white pepper

2 tsp of black pepper

Then I added the peppers and onions, along with 2 tsp of minced garlic, and about 1/4 cup of Worchestershire sauce and about 4oz of soy sauce.

I mixed all of them in a large mixing bowl, and let it all sit in the fridge for over 4 hours.

I sauteed the onion/peppers, then added the meat strips covered and simmered for 30 minutes. Removed the lid, drained some of the juice, and cooked on medium heat for another 15 minutes.

I served the rice under the pepper/onion/venison mixture, and it was a huge hit in our home.

Caysen took tortillas and rolled them up like fajitas, he added the rice and salsa and chowed down on it. I think I needed to use more of the creole seasoning.

The meat was extremely tender, not stringy, and practically melted in my mouth.

This I substituted a can of mushroom Soup for the beef gravy, and didn't add the sliced mushrooms (I don't like mushrooms unless it's in the soup).

Steak N Gravy - All Recipes

I also made venison barbque. I am not sure what cut of meat is that I used for this one, but they looked like thick cut ribs, or riblets. They were super meat with thin bones that reminded of me of pork ribs.

Add meat, and 2-3 cups of Sweet Baby Ray barbque sauce. Cook on Low for 2 -3 hours. Then, add the following mixutre.

In a small bowl mix:

1 cup of Worchestershire Sauce

2 Tablespoon of Garlic powder

2 tsp of Cayenne or ground red pepper

2 tsp of coarse ground black pepper

1 tsp of sugar

Dump into crock pot, and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.

The meat is sweet and spicy, and super tender.

I made this one as well, but served it with Mashed potatoes, and used a can of cream of celery Soup and a can of cream of mushroom.

Slow Cooker Venison Stroganoff Meal - All Recipes

Here's the yummy chili recipe I made:

Slow Cooker Venison Chili for the Big Game - All Recipes

I substituted the cannelli Beans with dark red kidney Beans, and did NOT add the pork, I used 3lbs of ground venison (browned, drained then added to the crock pot).

I cooked the chili on high for 3 hours, then dropped the temp to low for another 4-5 hours.

We also like thicker/chunky chili so I used 2 cans of Tomato paste, and 1/12oz can of tomato sauce and only added 1/2 cup of hot Water at midway through cooking. I added cayenne pepper as well because we like semi-spicy stuff.

Hope this helps ! ! !

Edited by Tiffykins

Well if that recipes doesn't make me hungry, nothing will! GEEZ! I'm so newly sleeved I was beginning to wonder if I would EVER want real food. The Protein stuff makes me want to puke just thinking about them, I coudn't even bring myself to buy them. I am able to tolerate the Isopure---YEAH! I force down 2 a day...(15 grams each) and rely on Water until the 17th when I can have cream Soups.

Thanks for all the replies, hopefully I will not stay too depressed over food, lol. I was banded for a few years, but this is way different to me. When I was banded there was NO restrictions. No portein drinks, no liquid phases etc. World changes alot in 10 years.

Well if that recipes doesn't make me hungry, nothing will! GEEZ! I'm so newly sleeved I was beginning to wonder if I would EVER want real food. The Protein stuff makes me want to puke just thinking about them, I coudn't even bring myself to buy them. I am able to tolerate the Isopure---YEAH! I force down 2 a day...(15 grams each) and rely on Water until the 17th when I can have cream Soups.< /span>

Thanks for all the replies, hopefully I will not stay too depressed over food, lol. I was banded for a few years, but this is way different to me. When I was banded there was NO restrictions. No portein drinks, no liquid phases etc. World changes alot in 10 years.

I mourned the loss of my best friend (food) for a little bit THEN I looked in the mirror and realized my best friend was killing me. I saw the changes in my body, and knew that I had chose the right surgery.

Food is now a pleasant thing for me, but I'm not always standing in front of the fridge or pantry. It's a nice change. I know for awhile I hated food, and I hated to eat because nothing tasted "right" or good. But, it was temporary, and now 6 months post-op, I'm thriving nutritionally, mentally, and emotionally.

Lean on us, and we'll be your cheerleader to get you the through the tough times.

Hello everyone,

I really enjoyed this thread, so much so that I added it to my favorites, that way when I do get to eat regular foods I can refer back to this. My daughter shot her first deer this season and her husband got on too. They are going to give us some ground up deer meat and I sure would like to look up some more receipes. Tiffykins you sure are a great inspiration for me. I have been wondering how spicy foods would be with the sleeve, and how much I might be able to eat. I have been trying different things pureed, but there is not much that really appeals to me. Yesterday I did have some egg, bacon, gravy and small bit of bisquit and it tasted so good. So today I pureed me some egg, sausage, gravy and

1/2 of a bisquit and divided into 2 meals, I liked it so much.

I had my surgery on Dec. 2 and Wednesday I will have my 2 week check up. I am hoping that Dr. Husted gives me the ok to go on the soft food diet and the ok to go back to my swimming exercise classes. BOY AM I READY, WHETHER MY BODY IS READY OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am really ready for this change. I weighed 266 back in July and today on my scales I weighed 220.6. My daughter gave me an early christmas present. A photo album with a beautiful note from her in it and a picture of me and her taken on July 4,2009 and I could not believe how big I looked at that time. I will try to post it in my photos soon if possible. Thank you for the recipes. Have a great day!!

I am SOOOO jealous mountain lover, I wish I could eat anything. I am still supposed to be on pretty much Clear liquids for 2 more weeks. On the 28th I go on mushies for still three more weeks, so the day I can blend anything I will be happy.

Does your doc allow you to eat sausage and gravy? Just wondering. It is crazy how much all of our post op diets differ!

Congrats on your loss so far, I hope to be in the 220's soon!

I am SOOOO jealous mountain lover, I wish I could eat anything. I am still supposed to be on pretty much Clear liquids for 2 more weeks. On the 28th I go on mushies for still three more weeks, so the day I can blend anything I will be happy.

Does your doc allow you to eat sausage and gravy? Just wondering. It is crazy how much all of our post op diets differ!

Congrats on your loss so far, I hope to be in the 220's soon!

Thank you! My doctor said liquids but the folder he gave me said that liquid pureed foods that you could pull up through a straw except not to use a straw with no lumps. It said tablefoods. Try to get Protein in first, vegatables next and fruit if possible or any room left after the daily Protein. I used 1/2 or the pureed mixture in morning and other half in the evening. So each had about 1 egg, 1 piece of bacon or a little sausage and a little bit of gravy and 1/4 or a bisquik bisquit in each serving I ate it very slowly at first, it took about half an hour the first time to get it ate. I hope I have been doing ok with what he expects, I will find out tomorrow because I go to my 2 week check up. I hope he puts me on soft foods. Anything that I can mash up with a fork, keeping in mind protein first then vegatables and fruit. I have only had pureed foods the past 4-5 days or so. The first 2 days after surgery were to be clear liquid. The next 2 weeks pureed. The last 2 weeks soft foods. And after 4 weeks regular foods within reason.and do the same protein, veg. and fruits next.