Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 8 days out from having the sleeve today and so far no real problems with it. Some acid burning sensation that usually goes away when I eat. Today though, it's the opposite. Whenever I eat, it burns. Every bite I take. It almost feels like heartburn but only when I take a bite. I'm eating the foods I should be. Have not cheated or anything like that. In fact I'm babying my sleeve because I'm paranoid about getting a leak. Anyone else have this feeling? Just wondering if I should be concerned. As I said, it just started today.

I would at least get some Pepcid Complete to take until you can get to your Dr's office. They have them in chewables and will help. I'm nearly 3 weeks out from surgery and have been on prevacid solutabs, but took the pepcid for the first week post op.

I am not on an antacid. Funny, I was before surgery. Sheeze we are sure all different!

If you have a burning sensation in your tum that is probably what it is. Do you have any anticids around the house? Take one and see if it helps. You should not just suffer until Monday. If you have papaya in your local market, it sooths the stomach really well. the juice works too.

I am not on an antacid. Funny, I was before surgery. Sheeze we are sure all different!

If you have a burning sensation in your tum that is probably what it is. Do you have any anticids around the house? Take one and see if it helps. You should not just suffer until Monday. If you have papaya in your local market, it sooths the stomach really well. the juice works too.

I sometimes blend a few chunks of papaya in my Protein Shake, especially if my new tummy is bothering me. Am also taking nexium since the surgery, for at least 3 months.

I guess I'm curious what exactly you would be cleared to be "eating bites of" that soon after surgery??? Most doctors recommend clear fluids for 10 days post op, followed by 7-10 days of "full" liquids, (usually meaning anything that could be sucked through a straw).....all of that BEFORE moving onto solids that would have to be chewed.

It's strongly advised to take a PPI type antacid for 4-6 months after surgery as it takes time for the body to realize the amount of acids it produces to break down foods can be reduced due to the smaller stomach.

Tracy

I believe you need antacids also. Your tummy still thinks it needs to produce all that acid. I am 3 months out and still need it twice per day. Sometimes I am lame and miss a dose for several days. I pay for it with burning also.

I noticed when I was eating some egg drop Soup (homemade) today, every swallow hurt. It almost felt like there was a barrier and once it got past that it was fine. I was burping and my tummy was gurgling a lot as well so many it was a gas bubble. It has me really concerned though. I dont want eating to became something I totally dread because of pain.

I had this too for a few days. I was sleeved on Monday 11/23 and had that brick in my throat show up around day 3. Best thought is that it is your throat maybe healing from being intubated. Mine felt like if I could just burp enough it would go away. Today is day 6 and it it almost all the way gone.

Good luck.

I had that feeling too - like everything was getting stuck - even liquids - come to find out it was my esophogus spasming - I found out at 1 month out - I worked around it my drinking only warm liquids until about noon - I still can't drink anything really cold or it causes me to have spasms still.

The gurgling and burping I had for about the first month as well.