Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

its the night before surgery and all through the house...

Hey all! newmom and I arrived this morning and had a brief scare because we couldnt find the driver! Well, he was just running late so we were relieved to see him about 11:40 or so. We went to the hospital after a scenic drive though newmom expected it to be much closer, I had googled it to see the distance so I knew we were in for a couple hours.

So after hospital tests and wierd ekg's involving suction cups around the sha shans, we were sent off to the hotel. We were starving so decided to ask for some good close restaurants. We got directions to someplace but in following them found ourselves in a spot that was...shall we say less than savory. besides for the fact that everything was closed anyway so even if we had wanted to go into the sex boutique, we couldnt have. Ended up eating at an italian restaurant in the hotel. Now though I popped the ativan they gave me for sleep I cant sleep! It is only 9pm for me....so ......whats new? Fun and exciting news?

Hi Joon -- glad to hear you two made it safely to Mexicali and that you are now safe and sound in your room. The antivan will kick in soon and you'll get a great night's sleep -- go out and walk around the property - it's so beautiful - or sit out on your balcony and enjoy the beauty of the resort.

Tell Newmom that I will say a prayer for both of you ... when you enter the main nursing station -- before you go through the double doors to Dr. Aceves' wing - look to your left and notice the picture of Jesus with his hand on the surgeon's -- He will be there with you both tomorrow, along with Dr. Aceves and Dr. Campos ... post and let us know how you're both doing when you feel up to it.

Angel,

Thank you so sincerely for your words of kindness. It is wonderful to experience your willingness to be here for those of us going through it now and I really appreciate the support.

joon and Newmom,

You are in excellent hands with Dr Aceves and Dr Campos. Anything you need, just ask. Sending healing energy your way. You are about to change your life for the best forever. Goodbye stress about eating and always feeling hungry!!!!!!!!

Good luck to both of you, you are well on your way to new, healthier lives. I am so excited for you. As soon as you feel up to it, please let us know how you are doing. *hugs*

Good Morning Joon and NewMom,

Congratulations!!!!! Today is the beginning of your new life!

Sending you prayers and healing energy.

Hugs,

JoAnne

Good luck to you both! Did you finally drift off to sleep Joon? Hahahaha, ativan, valium, versad all those (supposed to calm you down drugs) do just the opposite to me, make me more hyper then a june bug. . . let us know how things are going and "see" you soon. . .

Congrats Joon and newmom. Sounds like you two are on an excellent adventure in sleeveland. Calling all Angels: fly down to Mexicali and be with our new sleeve sisters and their Doctors. May God grant them peace and safety.

Let the Journey begin.

Thank you guys for all the love, I feel it over here and am spreading some down the hall to newmom also!

So it really was quite amazing, the service and my room here is wonderful. I have spoken to the surgeons several times and the nurses are not too over worked to actually respond when you need something immediately! I unpacked before surgery and put my stuff away in the nice little drawer shelf, threw my suitcases in the closet and feel this looks very homey.

So new went first and came out fine. I went in and nerves grabbed hold of me but there was such a hustle and bustle...and then I was in recovery next to new. She was fine, I was fine and we both went "ahhhh" then I fell back to sleep and new went back to her room. I wanted to go too but the two ton logs lying on the bed in front of me would hear nothing of it. After a couple hours went back to the room and made calls mom,hubs and then walked over to visit new. Then she came and visited me a bit ago. Think I'll go again now. Just to ask, I can deal with the pain of deep breaths and some twisting etc, non of that is pain that I shold worry about in terms of popping or ripping somethng is it?

I believe your stomach is pretty secure. Take it easy by lowering the bed to flat and don't try to climb in or out but I think it would be pretty difficult to tear your stitches. Glad you are feeling so good. The few seconds of taking the drain out on day 3 was the most painful seconds for me.

Joon - thanks for the update; glad to hear that both you and New are doing well. What you're experiencing is normal and I don't think you need to worry about hurting anything. Just remember to walk, walk, walk. Tomorrow you'll get the BLUE juice - keep on the hospital gowns at LEAST until you're done with that because it can be so messy and stains everything.

Thanks for letting us know how both you and New are doing - tell her we're sending good ju-ju her way, and some to you too!

Glad to hear you're both doing well.

You're in such good hands! Dr. Aceves and Dr. Campos are such wonderful doctors and the staff there treat us all like we are

royalty.

I'm glad you both are doing well!!

Welcome to the "losers bench"! So glad to have you!!

Wishing you both a speedy recovery and can't wait to hear of your progress!!

HUGS!!

Congratulations to you both. Your in the right place with the best of the best. Joon you sound great and I look forward to following your progress. May God's healing powers be in you every second of the way.

wow Joon! You are doing way better than I did. right after surgery you are up and posting a coherent message. Good for you! Not me, I could not focus for very long at all. Could nt follow a T V show or read my book. Everyone of us is so different. I did not mind the blue juice so much and did not find it messy. I was up walking around alot. I was afraid of pulling stiches also, I used the side rail to get in and out of bed. Wound up with aching back muscles. On 3rd day I had the massuse come in and relieve thoes poor muscles. There was no way I could have slept lying flat. I so wanted a recliner chair to sleep in. I made a kinda recliner in my bed at the hotel. it worked fine. gosh, you are just doing so good. Keep it up and say hi to new for me.

gotta brag here for one sec: I am a "teener" today! Not yet 6 weeks post op and am 218. yipeee! ONEderland here I come.