Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in the hosptial

I've been having gall bladder problems for a couple of months. I was trying to hold out until January since I have $1,000 deductible. Last night I was in so much pain, I had to go to the ER.

It turns out the gall stones blocked a duct and now I have

pancreatitis. The only thing that fixes that is nothing by mouth until further notice. I guess I will be losing that last 5 lbs that is so hard to lose.

I would imagine I will be having surgery sometime this week.:thumbup1:

I was wondering where the heck you ran off to, and now I know ! ! ! I'll keep you in my thoughts, and let us know what's going on with you. I wonder if this is what's been causing all that gas and discomfort.

I think so. People have told me that the gas was probably related to gall stones. It would be really good to get rid of that embarrassing gas!

Thank you Schatzie!

Thanks DeeDee and Millie!

Daisy,

I just had my gallbladder "coming out party" on 11/2/09. You're going to feel so much better when it's out. I think my energy improved after surgery. I gave up all green tea on the morning of my surgery and I have an abundance of energy now.

My thoughts are with you!

Thank you! I can't wait to get it over with.

Now I am worried about going 3-4 days with no Protein. My hair started falling out like crazy 4 months post op and I can't afford to lose anymore! Everyone always says make sure to get in your Protein so you don't lose hair.< /strong>

Daisy-

I'm so sorry you're going through this, but so happy you're getting it treated! Before I had my gallbladder removed, I was in constant pain. You will feel like a brand new woman immediately! Next to getting sleeved, it was the best thing I did for myself.

Good luck, and you are in my prayers!

Thank you ryansgirl and RubyTuesday! The support on this board is so amazing!

Hi Daisy, I too am sorry that you are going through this ordeal. Having the gallbladder out will be a good thing, but going through it may be rough. I hope and pray the surgery goes smoothly for you and as far as the Protein goes you can make up for it as soon as you are able. God be with you every step of the way.