Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, Girls....

I went Thursday for my pre-op test. Blood work, chest x-ray, EKG, upper GI, and psych evaltuation. Pass all with flying colors. I had one last thing to do...see the Dr. that would approve me for surgery.

While walking over to her office I got a hot flash, and a terrible head ache. I sat in her office and waited for about 45 minutes and it just got worse, My face was flushed, I was very hot, and felt nauseated.

She looked over my chart, said everything looked great and was about to approve me. Then she took my blood pressure.....as you can guess it was OUT OF SIGHT..I have no idea why, but it was. I suppose just the stress of getting things done, the anxiety of the date being so close, and trying to get all my paper work together for

my job to approve my leave of absence. But what ever the case, she stop everything. She would not approve my surgery unless my BP came down. So today at work I check it several times, and it was still high. 182/94...167/90...181/111 it was all over the place.

She canceled my surgery until I could get my BP under control.

I was devastated !!!! I have done eveyrthing, I'm ready, I've prepaid everything, and now I have this boulder to climb over.

I went to my Dr. at MEA and he gave me some medication to bring it down, and I go back Monday to have it rechecked. Pray for me....

I will take it easy this weekend and hope everything gets better.

Hopefull she will approve me if I'm leveled out.

As of now though, I've lost my surgery date, and I don't know if I can can get another one soon or not....sigh....I"m so so so so disapointed.

:confused1:

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Judy, I'm sorry to hear that the surgery has been canceled, but it maybe for the very best. I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but you'll want everything to be "good" before surgery. I'll keep you in my thoughts, and remember this is just a "speed bump", it isn't a complete road block.

Keep us posted with your results on Monday, and take it super easy this weekend.

Oh, Judy I'm so sorry! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Thank you girls...I love prayers....I'll just do the best I can, and get my BP under control. Everything happens for a reason....Maybe GOD's not quite ready for me to go under the knife just yet. If it's meant to be, it will be.:confused1:

Its frustrating because this only causes you more stress, which probably leads to higher BP. But those are really very high readings, you certainly want that under control.

Try to stay positive and at least everything is all approved, you're not fighting for the right to even have the surgery in the first place. Do the right things, relax, some gentle exercise like walking and take your meds and hopefully it will be under control really quickly.

So sorry Judy for your disappointment but you know everything needs to be in check before surgery.l like Tiffany's response- just a speed bump not a road block! Hang in there

Oh Judy I am so sorry this happened. I agree with Tiff though, it is just a speed bump. you just have to slow down to get to where you want to go. You will still get there. Maybe God just wants to see your determination? I will pray for your improved BP.

Judy -

I too agree with Tiff and others - this is just a speed bump and you'll get over it in no time - it is good they found out your BP was so high and didn't go through with surgery as you could stroke out - everything happens for a reason, even if we don't understand the reasons why. Get your BP under control - and with medication I am sure it won't take long - and then you'll be in tip-top shape for your surgery. Keep us posted!

Hi Judy,

I just wanted to say I'm thinking of you. I know it's gotta be frustratin, and jumping thru all the hoops to get this far, and then cancelled.

But, everything happens for a reason, and you need to get the blood Pressure under control, then the rest will fall into place.

You've gotten thru the hard part getting the approval, now take care of yourself and get that BP down.

Sending my prayers your way!!

Thank you all for you sweet thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it more than you know. My husband and I had a talk this morning about it, and he said "It's not like your not going to be able to have the surgery, it's just been postponed for a bit" "you'll still have it, so stay possitve, take care of yourself, relax, get some excercise, take your meds, and it WILL happen". He is really supportive, I'm very lucky.

I knew something was wrong, Thursday. When I finished my upper GI. I started having a head ache, weak at first. But by the time I walked over to my last stop of the day, which was the Dr. who would approve my surgery, after all test had been completed. When I was in her office, I Had to wait for about 45 minutes. The longer I waited, I began to have hot flashes, my head was pounding, and I felt nauseated. I wanted the surgery so bad, that I was stressing out over the entire process. Funny thing is, I felt great most of the day, and past every test with flying colors. Seems like the closer I got to the end the more anxious I got. I hadn't eaten all day, I was stress out over paper work for my job, and my jeep was acting up, while I was 200 miles from home. It all added up to desaster for the day. But it will all be alright, everything is in order now. Paper work is done, I have a temporary replacement, while I'm recovering from the surgery, and everything is paid for. Just waiting for my blood pressure to level out. Keep your fingers crossed.....

Everything happens for a reason is my firm belief. Something wasn't lining up for you.

Things will work out and you will get your surgery when time is right.

Bill

Hi Judy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take deep breathes and keep the positive energy around yourself.

Hugs,

JoAnne

Judy this must be so difficult. I am so sorry.

You know having your blood pressure under control is going to make you feel so much better and be stronger for surgery though. You had a huge extra risk factor there. Honestly, be glad it was found before and you will take medicine, get rechecked, and get a safe surgery date. Keep us updated! I want to know how the medicine goes.

Judy this must be so difficult. I am so sorry.

You know having your blood pressure under control is going to make you feel so much better and be stronger for surgery though. You had a huge extra risk factor there. Honestly, be glad it was found before and you will take medicine, get rechecked, and get a safe surgery date. Keep us updated! I want to know how the medicine goes.

Amlodipine-Benazepril is the medication I'm taking once a day.

I feel good. I"ve been walking a mile and a 1/2 the last two days, and getting some good fresh air. I go in the morning to recheck my

blood pressure. I'll post the results tomorrow after noon.

think happy thoughts !!!:blush: