Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum, figured I'd check in here at the gate before I go and read the rest :sad0:

I just had my Sleeve done last monday, and am feeling pretty good so far!

Oh, of course I should introduce myself, I'm Haley, almost 37 years, live in The Netherlands, Europe. Married without kids, but lots of animals such as Horses, Dogs, Chickens.

Ik weighed 109 kilo's before surgery and have yet to weigh after. (so scared it will be dissapointing!! :001_tongue: )

Any questions? Just ask!

Hi Haley, welcome to VST. Glad you're doing so well. I have just had to do some quick calculations as I work in pounds and stones and easily get confused! I used to be more familiar with kilos when I lived in Germany but that is a lot time ago now. Everyone is really friendly and helpful on this site and I am sure many will be along later to wish you well xxx

Hi Haley and welcome! Don't be scared to weigh, you might be pleasantly surprised! But don't weigh everyday. . . i love animals too. . . all sorts. . well welcome to the forum and you'll find lots of really nice folks here and tons of tips and help if you need us. . .

Hey Thanks you two! Great, I feel welcome already! :)

I just went for my evening walk Doc said to walk as excersize , so in the mornings I go with the dogs, in the evenings with one of the horses. As I cant ride yet (Doc said 6 weeks) at least I feel like I am doing something with them :001_wub:

Man, I get confused with the lbs-kilo's too! But this site works great: Online Conversion - Convert just about anything to anything else

Hey Thanks you two! Great, I feel welcome already! :)

I just went for my evening walk Doc said to walk as excersize , so in the mornings I go with the dogs, in the evenings with one of the horses. As I cant ride yet (Doc said 6 weeks) at least I feel like I am doing something with them :001_wub:

Man, I get confused with the lbs-kilo's too! But this site works great: Online Conversion - Convert just about anything to anything else

being from Canada, we have kilos there, so when you said what you weighed before I just multiplied it by 2.2. . . figure that will help the same way. . . around that anyhow. . . wow, you are lucky to have horses and dogs and sheep and chickens. . . (I love baby chicks, they just follow you everywhere). . .I think animals just love people to give them love and care and they give love back 10 fold. . . they are so cute! Well let us know how you did when you weigh! Walking is excellant exercise. . . keep it up and you'll be so happy you did. . .

Welcome to the vst forum Haley. So glad you found us.

I love animals too. I have around 100 chickens and 24 guineas.

Hi Haley and WELCOME!!

Sighhhhhh..... I don't know pounds, stones, kilos etc........but I do know that you took the first step to a healthier YOU!

Glad to have you here- and I'm an animal lover too, but it's dogs. I have two - a Pomeranian and a Yorkie who think they are human and think they are my children.......... they actually treat me better than my natural children!! LOL!

G'luck to you and welcome again!

How cool Ky-Hen! I had a chicken hen brood out 5 Guinney eggs this year and the are the funniest birds! I just love them!

Thanks Chancie! Oh, so I'm not the only one who talks to the dogs as if I am their mother? :001_wub: Thank God! :)

Nope........

You're not alone there talking to the dogs Haley!

My kids say I love them better then them.......hmmmmmmmmm

is it cause my dogs show me "unconditional" love?? ALWAYS welcome me home??? Loveeeeeeeeeeeee me no matter what kinda mood I'm in??

Yep.... might be it!! LOL

Welcome Haley - so nice to have you join us. Congrats on your surgery, too!

And no, you are not the only one who treat their dogs as children - Bearded and I have 2 - Chloe and Riley - and we spoil them rotten -- plus we're long term babysitting a puppy (7 mos) by the name of Baxter and he gets spoiled just like the others "kids"

I'd love to have a horse, but don't have the land to be able to do so.

Hi, Haley,

I am an animal lover too. I have a cat named Moxie and share a cat (Sophie) and a Yorkie named Jazzy. I have never met a stranger when it comes to dogs and cats. I am getting sleeved in two days. I can't wait.

Thanks everyone!!

I feel so welcome already!

How cool how so many of us love and have animals!

@Norma, goodluck waiting and hope everything will go well on your operation!

welcome Hailey, great to get to visit with peoplearound the world. I am finding out that we are all alot more similar than I thought. I have traveled extensivily in the United States and some of Mexico and Canada. Not so much Europe and elsewhere. so it is really interesting to me to find out your views and opinions. Have you been to the post your diet thread? I would like to know what you eat daily. Bet it is different from what we eat.

My dog thought he was a person through and through. . . he would have to eat with me right there scratching his back, he would give me his paws to wipe if it had rained, he would howl and carry on for a bandaid if he hurt himself, if he fell down he'd come crying and get a hug, kiss on his nose and off he'd go like a dummy. . . all this and there he was 120lb giant german shepherd. . . unconditional love just like Chancies dogs, and yup treated me better then my own kids. . . he was a great buddy!

I have a dog now, Lovey, a 12 year old Cocker spaniel. She is a funny old girl. The dog that was most special to me was my Min. Shnauzer ,Thurston. I swear, that dog owned me. He had so much personality. I only had him 10 years and he died of a brain anuresim. It was horrible. I already had lovey at the time so no getting another dog for me. Lovey is so aloof since T died. She no longer sits with me or sleeps on the bed. She has to be in the same room as I am though. she does not like to go on long walks. Short ones yes. So,, we are walking together well these days.