Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone, after surgery does this irratating, hideous sweating ever stop? I could be living in an igloo and be sweating to death. . . I mean sweating all the time! It's not menopausal (had that checked) so it's just from being obese and too hot. . . gosh, tell me it stops!

Wow thats me and I have not had the surgery yet! lol

I've noticed that I get cold easier since I've lost weight, and haven't noticed that I'm hot all the time - but just attributed that to the fact that it's cooled down in Las Vegas.

I am always cold now. I was an extremely hot natured person pre-op, but now, I snuggle up to John more, and keep a blanket with me in the living room. My thermostat in the house is set on 79 degrees. It's gotten a bit cooler here in Florida, but apparently the boys in the house complain that I keep it too warm.

I am much colder now that I have lost 35 lbs. I noticed that after losing the first 15, during the pre-op diet. I attributed it to metabolism slowing down, and loss of some fatty insulationi. ha ha.

Yep it stops, it goes from one extreme to the other, I am freezing all the time! Even though its summer here in Australia at the moment!

Thank you ladies! Maybe it's just cause I'm so heavy right now. . . can't wait to lose it and freeze a bit! Carolyn - yes I live in toasty San Antonio, Texas, but this sweating thing is not new. . . I've been sweaty forever. . . as long as I have been heavy. . . hopefully it'll stop. . .it causes alot of problems between hubbie and me. . . i'll be sweating like a crazy woman and he's freezing, he'll tell me to turn off the A/C cause he is so cold, I just give him covers. . . he hates it. . . but should be used to it. . . last night was fantastic! It went down to 48F, I had those windows wide open and slept naked out of the sheet. . . it was fantastic, poor hubbie had on his pj's, socks, sheet, and quilt! Then woke up with a sore throat . . . hehehe. . . poor thing

Thank you ladies! Maybe it's just cause I'm so heavy right now. . . can't wait to lose it and freeze a bit! Carolyn - yes I live in toasty San Antonio, Texas, but this sweating thing is not new. . . I've been sweaty forever. . . as long as I have been heavy. . . hopefully it'll stop. . .it causes alot of problems between hubbie and me. . . i'll be sweating like a crazy woman and he's freezing, he'll tell me to turn off the A/C cause he is so cold, I just give him covers. . . he hates it. . . but should be used to it. . . last night was fantastic! It went down to 48F, I had those windows wide open and slept naked out of the sheet. . . it was fantastic, poor hubbie had on his pj's, socks, sheet, and quilt! Then woke up with a sore throat . . . hehehe. . . poor thing

That sounds just like my husband and me. We used to bicker over the thermostat and the comforter on the bed. The other night he told me "honey, our bed is too big (we have a queen)!" I replied with "are you crazy, it's just fine". He laughed and said, "maybe it's just because your a$$ is so much smaller that I don't get your body heat like I used to, we need to get a full size so I can actually touch you without having to reach a half a mile across the bed." I couldn't help but laugh at him.

wow, that is me too. I take great pride in having my house cool. Hubby hates it. we have been married 36 years, for the first 20 I suffered, he would tell me to put on a sweater. In these last 16 the table has slowly turned. Now I get to tell him, put on a sweater. I think this is all coming to an end though with the weight loss I will probably go back to being cold again. I am never cold, but, I am post menopausal and overweight. I love San Antonio and the beautiful Hill country. you are lucky to live there.

Ohhhhhhhhh..... I use to sweat sooo bad!! I couldn't walk 2 feet without breaking a sweat!

I'm dreading winter now..... because I am soooooooo cold!! I have even bought several sweaters......... so unlike me! I was NEVER cold. Middle of winter- I wouldn't have a coat on.

My kids think I'm crazy- but I lost all my insulation!! LOL

I never noticed being hot and I didnt sweat but after I'd lost a fair bit of weight, I was freezing. I swear I froze to death for a year. Gradually I adjusted but nowadays I do wear more than I did and will have a coat on in much warmer temperatures.

What embarrassed me that I hated was heavy breathing. Every bit of movement, it wouldnt FEEL terribly hard but I would breath harder even walking across a room to sit down. I was forever conscious that people would think I was panting and out of breath. I never worry about that now, my breathing is so much quieter and i can breath through my nose as I need much less oxygen.

And THAT was only at a BMI of 36!

Sweating has never been an issue. I have always been a person that is freezing, no matter what the temperature or my weight. It tends to drive my family crazy.