Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Id love to hear more from the recently sleeved group!

How are you guys doing? Please fill us in on anything your willing to share on your recovery, the first week or two are the experiences I am most interested in hearing about. How is your recovery?

How are you guys doing? Please fill us in on anything your willing to share on your recovery, the first week or two are the experiences I am most interested in hearing about. How is your recovery?

I recently did a post on my experience- Im about 2+ weeks out. Im down 24 lbs. Recovery for me was EASY,I felt like myself within 3-4 days, I had surgery on a Tuesday, I was back at the gym on the following Sunday. It is a challenge to get adequate intake in though, as we are adjusting to our new tummies. I am thrilled with the results, I am 79 lbs away from my goal. I work out at least 4-5 X per week. I am really trying to get these 79 lbs off as soon as possible! LOL

I went back to work at 2 weeks, couldve gone back within days but I wanted to get adjusted to my new life without the distractions from work. So far, im loving being sleeved!

Are you sleeved yet? If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

I am only four days out of my surgical sleeve operation (28th)and just arrived home this afternoon.

I am doing fantastic! Sipping away on Isopure for a change, as apple juice and Water, popsicles, runny yogurt, and cream Soups have been my meals for the past two days. But two ounces at a time, giggle!

Seems very little but am so happy with that amount.

It is so true what everyone says, no hunger or desire to eat!

What freedom!

Looking forward to weight loss and exercising and all of that but too new right now to worry about any of that.

Abdomen is still swollen and ports feeling itchy but other than that all is good!

Will keep you updated!

Cheers,

Donna

I blogged my early experiences. Link in my siggy.

Hello!

I was sleeved on Sep 16th. I did great the first two weeks, for some reason I am struggling on my third week. I am hungry and craving real food. I am tired of the shakes and cannot have cream Soups as I am lactose intolerant. I am tired and do not want o do much. I am back to work and once I get home I am ready for bed. Is this normal? I am trying my best to keep my Protein intake not less than 50 grams per day. I have not lost weight in the last three days. I was weighting my self daily and not sure if I hit a stall.

Sorry I need to vent

Iliana

Sleeved Sept 16th lost 23 lbs

Dr Davidson Dallas, Texas

PS hot do you add that tracker to your profile?

Is this normal?

Yep. Going back to work takes a lot of energy out of you.

I am trying my best to keep my Protein intake not less than 50 grams per day.

That's not very much at all. Current recommendations for an unaltered, menstruating woman are 55 to 65 g a day. For those on a very low calorie diet (i.e., us), it should be somewhere in the 70-90 g a day range. Otherwise, you will lose too much lean muscle mass and not have any energy.

I have not lost weight in the last three days. I was weighting my self daily and not sure if I hit a stall.

A stall is when you go at least two weeks without losing. Not losing for a few days is completely normal and a result of Water fluctuations in your body. If weighing every day is getting you down, just weigh once a week. Then you won't see these minor fluctuations.

There were times in the early days that I had to hide my scale as weighing every day was driving me insane. Now that I'm at goal, it's different and I weigh most days and watch what I eat whenever the scale goes over 113.

PS hot do you add that tracker to your profile?

http://VerticalSleeveTalk.com/vertical-sleeve-talk-forum-assistance-suggestions/267-vst-tickerfactory-ticker-tutorial-pictures.html

"cannot have cream Soups as I am lactose intolerant."

Just get some lactaid tablets over the counter, and chew up about 5 of them before you eat any dairy products. This usually prevents any symptoms of lactose intolerance!

Enjoy!

I will be 2 weeks out Monday. I feel great!!! I probably could go back to work Monday, for that matter I could have gone back last Monday, but I don't want to rush it. I planned on 3 weeks, so I am going to stick with the plan.

I have had little to no pain since surgery day. There was some occasional pulling feeling, but other than that no pain at all! My Dr. is great!

I jumped on the scale this morning for a quick weight check. I promised myself I would only weigh every Tuesday, but what can I say. I had to get my wife into the bathroom to weigh herself to make sure the scale was not broken. As of this morning, 12 days out from surgery I have lost 38 pounds! I was real big to start with, so I am sure that is why I am dropping so quick from the start, but I will take it!:thumbup:

Hi everyone - I got my sleeve on Sept 28th and had a pretty easy time considering! I experienced some heavy nausea right after surgery but saw the other two sleevers up and walking so got my ass out of bed to do some laps. Some pain that meds took care of right away. I had a weird reaction to the anesthetic - chest and face turned bright red and hot for a day - looked like a bad sunburn - it went away over the next two days but I sure looked odd. I feel really good now - no pain, incisions almost healed, just need that extra nap to get me through the day (still can't lie fully on my stomach yet). No hunger - just keep sipping my broth, tea, juice and eating Jello - I am so glad I had it done!:thumbup:

Hi everyone - I got my sleeve on Sept 28th and had a pretty easy time considering! I experienced some heavy nausea right after surgery but saw the other two sleevers up and walking so got my ass out of bed to do some laps. Some pain that meds took care of right away. I had a weird reaction to the anesthetic - chest and face turned bright red and hot for a day - looked like a bad sunburn - it went away over the next two days but I sure looked odd. I feel really good now - no pain, incisions almost healed, just need that extra nap to get me through the day (still can't lie fully on my stomach yet). No hunger - just keep sipping my broth, tea, juice and eating Jello - I am so glad I had it done!:thumbup:

Glad you are doing so well! I've been wondering about you!

Glad you are feeling better. I had my sleeve by Dr Aceves on Sept 23, and am doing well too. I nap about once a day too...it's normal to have some fatigue after major surgery, and considering that our clear liquid diet is not giving us all the energy we need. This too shall pass, as they say! Keep working your sleeve.

Hi everyone - I got my sleeve on Sept 28th and had a pretty easy time considering! I experienced some heavy nausea right after surgery but saw the other two sleevers up and walking so got my ass out of bed to do some laps. Some pain that meds took care of right away. I had a weird reaction to the anesthetic - chest and face turned bright red and hot for a day - looked like a bad sunburn - it went away over the next two days but I sure looked odd. I feel really good now - no pain, incisions almost healed, just need that extra nap to get me through the day (still can't lie fully on my stomach yet). No hunger - just keep sipping my broth, tea, juice and eating Jello - I am so glad I had it done!:love:

I am so happy for you, and that you are home safe and sound. I am glad for BOTH of us sister sleevers!

Tonight I had homemade chicken broth, oh was it ever good! for dessert, (I am still sipping on it) am having Welsh's light grape juice with a bit of Water added to it, delicious!

I, too, noticed my face was red in the hospital, but then I have a touch of rosacea which really shows up after even a small glass of wine. So sensitive that way I guess.

Anyway, hope you will be able to attend the upcoming support group that will start first Wed of November. The more, the merrier, we are getting a nice little group going here in Toon town! They are talking of doing a clothing exchange. Worth checking out!

Welcome home!

Cheers,

Donna

:thumbup:

Hey Bookie :)

I'm having that weird skin reaction from boobs to pubes too, but I think it's a random rash in my case as I still have it. Maybe from the pink stuff they paint on you? (Speaking of which, I hope that wears off, because it's a little startling in the shower) I get a lot of weird rashes, I once had a dermatologist take pictures of my butt for a paper. Did not appreciate it a lot.

Great to hear from you :love:

Ivy