Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok time to get honest about protein

I bet you are very anxious for the 17th to get here. Then you can have Soups as long as they are blended until there are no chunks. There are also some places you can order bariatric soups that are higher in Protein. I have a Tomato Soup that is very good and has 20 grams of protein. It's made by Proti.

Edited by Oregondaisy

It's funny I am ok in the morning but I have spent several nights in tears because no matter how hard my family tries to eat on the sly I can still smell it. I don't want them to live differently because of a decision I made of my own free will so I just leave the room when they eat.

I am not hungry but I am wanting some variety. This is getting so old that for a few days I didn't drink anything but Water and gatorade. Then I had to put my big girl panties on and force myself back on shakes.

People always ask "How can you live on so few calories" I am like "dunno, I am not hungry or lightheaded so I must be fine. I only get about 400 a day". Besides did they not notice I have plenty of "reserves" :biggrin2:

i bought Isopure for after my surgery, and all they had was grape. It does not taste too bad...hope my tastes don't turn on my after the surgery!

nectar Syntax Cappucino flavor... blended in with 8 oz. skim milk (1 scoop of powder) is about 1/2 the daily Protein. (23g + plus what the milk has).

I've been using that for Protein & concentrating on fruit & veggies purred to eat.

New whey bullets are pretty good - as someone said. They have 42 grams of Protein in 3 ozs. Forget the way they taste and just drink the measly three ozs. You'll feel better.

Also in the beginning, I would add 2 scoops of Protein powder to my shakes. It didn't really change the taste and it would give me about 40 grams in one drink. (Just be SURE to get Protein in ALL day and not just in the morning.)

Here's another trick that I use to make myself feel better in the mornings - I take a few sips of chocolate or vanilla Muscle Milk before I go to bed. Then I don't wake up shaky.

And I DEFINITELY sympathize with trying to get protein and liquids in. It's not easy.