Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost 4 weeks post op. Although my NSV's are not as huge yet, I can say that:

I'm down 31 lbs

Friends and family can SEE the difference in my face and chest.

Measurement wise I am down 2 inches in both waist and hips, AND 4 inches in the chest.

Although I haven't tried on jeans yet, I can tell a difference in the stretchy waist pants I've been wearing.

And when I went to buy new sports bras last weekend, I have gone down a size (huge accomplishment).

My next appointment is tomorrow and hopefully I will be cleared to do more exercise as I was told to walk 30 min. a day... Only! However, I am so pumped with the weight loss right now that there are not enough words to describe my excitement and motivation! Especially since I have done every diet imaginable and countless exercises in the past and lost nothing. Granted my thyroid problems haven't helped, but this surgery is helping me to change that and get back to a healthy weight. :)

I am almost 4 weeks post op. Although my NSV's are not as huge yet, I can say that:

I'm down 31 lbs

Measurement wise I am down 2 inches in both waist and hips, AND 4 inches in the chest.

Although I haven't tried on jeans yet, I can tell a difference in the stretchy waist pants I've been wearing.

And when I went to buy new sports bras last weekend, I have gone down a size (huge accomplishment).

My next appointment is tomorrow and hopefully I will be cleared to do more exercise as I was told to walk 30 min. a day... Only! However, I am so pumped with the weight loss right now that there are not enough words to describe my excitement and motivation! Especially since I have done every diet imaginable and countless exercises in the past and lost nothing. Granted my thyroid problems haven't helped, but this surgery is helping me to change that and get back to a healthy weight. :)

I'm down 31 lbs

I'm down 31 lbs

@CapeCodder: I remember the first time I wrapped my bathtowel around myself after the shower. I did it without thinking and then looked down and nearly jumped for joy.

Just for kicks tonight, I tried on a bikini I bought 7 1/2 years ago for a trip to Brazil. It fits comfortably and looks great! I still have a way to go before I reach my goal, but this made me hopeful.

Today I went to lunch with a group of friends who are very into fitness (one is a yoga instructor.) We were going to a place a mile away from our office, and the group suggested we walk.

Reader, I walked there and back, and it wasn't even hard. I could not have done that six months ago.

Hooray!

Last summer I bought the sturdiest ladder I could afford. I couldn't carry it up and down the steps (it was too heavy) and I still felt enough movement in the rungs to be nervous changing light bulbs.

Tonight, I carried it to the basement with no problem and felt totally stable halfway up. So cool!

I had a towel moment yesterday at the pool. My towels (large) have been hanging off me gaping open for years. Yesterday, I noticed that the wrap around my breasts left extra, folded over and the folded over part dropped down and stayed both folded and covered the whole way down. It has been a long time since I measured inches lost but I guess its time... the weight loss has stabilized for a while now (not happy about that plateau) but clearly the body has been reshaping itself during this time. Yay!

Joined Orange Theory Fitness today and the girl said that they were out of my SIZE of heart rate monitor band but she would have EXTRA SMALL ones in by Saturday next week. Me oh, okay I can wait. I'm used to places not having MY size. Wait....did you just say Extra Small. She looks at me like I am crazy - well of course what did you think I said.

I am still in shock and that was 8 hrs ago....me....extra small...what...I can not even fathom that it could be true....Smiling like you would not believe!!☺️

I am 0.2 BMI points away from no longer being "morbidly obese"; soon I will just be "obese." Yay?

One of the best NSV's. 44D to 36C/D. And panties too!

Buying pants without a W on the label!!

I was in my local Target with hubby & daughter the other day and I happened upon a really sweet Spring-weight jacket. So, I go to take a closer look & notice that the size L is pretty small-looking so I take a look at the XL and decide to try it on. Right away I knew it'd be too small when I put my arms through sleeves. I move up to the 2XL, a size I haven't seen in MONTHS and lo-and-behold even that was snug.

So hubby starts to have a fit about the eff'd up way womens clothing is sized. All I could do was laugh because for once it wasn't me getting pissed.

I consider the fact that I didn't ruminate for days as I used to do, a victory because I am finally getting that fitness and health is more than a clothing size, number on a scale, etc.

I was in my local Target with hubby & daughter the other day and I happened upon a really sweet Spring-weight jacket. So, I go to take a closer look & notice that the size L is pretty small-looking so I take a look at the XL and decide to try it on. Right away I knew it'd be too small when I put my arms through sleeves. I move up to the 2XL, a size I haven't seen in MONTHS and lo-and-behold even that was snug.

So hubby starts to have a fit about the eff'd up way womens clothing is sized. All I could do was laugh because for once it wasn't me getting pissed.

I consider the fact that I didn't ruminate for days as I used to do, a victory because I am finally getting that fitness and health is more than a clothing size, number on a scale, etc.

Soooo, ummm... were you in Target? ;)