Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgeon says we can drink right up until we eat. I did a little reading on it and haven't found anything to contradict him.

But we are also told to wait 45 min. after because the stomach doesn't empty very much in the first 20-30 minutes. I find that if i don't wait at least 30 min. but preferably 45 - 60, that I do get hungry again sooner. That wasn't true in the beginning when I wasn't very hungry at all, but it became true the farther out I got.

I was never told we had to stop drinking 30 min before eating. I drink right up until I eat but I do wait an hour after I eat.

It will get better. Just keep sipping away.

Glad to hear things are getting better Steve!

I drank the green tea too in the beginning... and did the smae thing... 4 of them a day was my 64 oz. Now I do the crystal lite- it was too sweet for me in the beginning, but my taste has changed...

I LIKE SWEET:w00t:

Now.... onto the TMI- Bob said it best........ and I thought i was gonna die laughing! But he hit the nail on the head- cause I have the same issues! I never was a "regular" kinda gal.... but going only once every three or four days suxs. I drink PLENTY of Water, and I have been taking stool softeners, but still have issues........ any and all suggestions will be welcomed!!!!!:thumbup:

Glad to hear things are getting better Steve!

I drank the green tea too in the beginning... and did the smae thing... 4 of them a day was my 64 oz. Now I do the crystal lite- it was too sweet for me in the beginning, but my taste has changed...

I LIKE SWEET:w00t:

Now.... onto the TMI- Bob said it best........ and I thought i was gonna die laughing! But he hit the nail on the head- cause I have the same issues! I never was a "regular" kinda gal.... but going only once every three or four days suxs. I drink PLENTY of Water, and I have been taking stool softeners, but still have issues........ any and all suggestions will be welcomed!!!!!:thumbup:

I'm going to start eating a couple of prunes every day and see if that helps. It is so uncomfortable! Yesterday was a killer. the only good that comes out of it :eek: is a couple of pounds down the drain!

I'm going to start eating a couple of prunes every day and see if that helps. It is so uncomfortable! Yesterday was a killer. the only good that comes out of it :eek: is a couple of pounds down the drain!

A suggestion re the prunes. Stew them in some Water first for aobut 1/2 hr or more, then they will be soft and easy to eat, and the juice they are cooked in is very helpful, so drink it too.

I plan on eating a few tbsp of tasty hemp hearts each day as they keep me very regular now. (I mix ithem in my oatmeal) They are full of Protein, Vitamins and essential fats and so very good for you. Also have you considered getting those little melting suppositories? Used them after my other surgeries, helps a lot!

Do your health food stores carry Hemp hearts? they likely can be ordered online, try googling for them. Just don't get the hemp seeds, you want just what is inside the seeds, the hearts.

anyway, good luck - I know I will also be doing this pretty soon now!

:thumbup:

"A suggestion re the prunes. Stew them in some Water first"

Thanks for the tip Donna. I'll do that. Never heard of hemp hearts. will check into that.

I really need some help with drinking Water. I carry around a bottle with me all day, and I feel like i am sipping constantly, but I cannot even get to 32 oz a day. I am now 1 month out and feeling the dehydration badly. I don't know what to do. especially now that i am eating real food and can't drink for 1/2 before and after i eat, it is becoming harder to get in the Water. . . ideas?

SF popsicles and sucking on ice cubes helps alot - also, as has been said, it doesn't have to be 64 oz. of water - water is better for you - but getting in Fluid of any kind is better than not getting in 64 oz of anything.

My doctor told me that the amount of Water you need is the difference between all other fluids you consume including Protein Shakes. I am on 4 8.5 ounce Protein shakes per day. This leaves 30 ounces of other fluids. Water consists of anything that started out as water but does not contain caffeine (i.e., cool-aid, crystal light, Decaf tea, etc).

What in the heck are hemp hearts?

What in the heck are hemp hearts?

Google it - wealth of information

HEMP HEARTS? are the Most Concentrated and Best Balanced Source of Proteins, Essential Fats and Vitamins in Nature. Of equal importance, these desirable nutrients are not accompanied in Hemp Hearts with an excess of carbohydrates, sugars, and saturated fats--nutrients which are already eaten in excess and which in the long term have proven to be challenging to human health.

So are these something you have to buy online? I get so tired of ordering everything online. Do they sell them in health food stores?

So are these something you have to buy online? I get so tired of ordering everything online. Do they sell them in health food stores?

They sometimes do, but be prepared for a 40-50% markup. Check prices online first. I order them a case of 9, 1 lb cartons at a time, and it works out to $10 ea and that includes courier cost to my door.

But then again - those ones come from the next province over in Alberta, thru Rocky Mountain Grain products. I would even phone and ask them their price to your address. 1 403 329 1380. Usually less than shown online even!

They are truly good tasting and can be eaten with a spoon or mixed in yogurt, hot Cereal (my fav) or just about anything. They are tiny so we should be able to eat them with the mushy stage. I think. I have only 3 Tbsps a day and find that is sufficient. (12 gms Protein. They recommend 5 Tbsps for 20 grams Protein, but at around 300 calories). I stick with the smaller amount as I also mix in 1/3 cup blueberries with my oatmeal. Very filling that way.

After I am sleeved on Monday will likely end up with only a few spoonfuls of oatmeal and my hemp hearts. -if that.

Hope that helps.

Donna

I just reordered mine and asked about prices to the US. It is the same! $90 Cdn per case AND only $10Cdn for shipping.

Heck of a good deal!

Try it out ladies, just give them a call!

Donna

I just reordered mine and asked about prices to the US. It is the same! $90 Cdn per case AND only $10Cdn for shipping.

Heck of a good deal!

Try it out ladies, just give them a call!

Donna

Hi Donna,

Thanks for all of the info. How long does that case last? I could probably figure it out, but figured it would just be easier (and quicker) to ask :biggrin0: