Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No More weight coming off...and bummed

I feel so much better after reading all your posts. I hit a stall at 3 weeks and it was discouraging. I felt like that was all I was going to lose. I am at the end of the 3 weeks and after reading your posts; I am encouraged that "this too will pass".

It definitely will pass. Mine lasted for several weeks, but eventually things do even out again.

My stall seems to be over; I've had a loss (albeit, small) for the last 3 days, so things are moving again. I'm just starting mushies and had 1/2 cup of low-fat small curd cottage cheese yesterday. That's 100 cal. and 14 grms of Protein, so makes a pretty good snack food, but only 1/2 cup. That sounds like so little, but it was actually more than it sounds like. All went down fine.

Good news! Sounds like your tummy is mending!

Yeah for the moving scale! I stalled when I hit solids. I didn't lose for around 2-2 1/2 weeks and yes, just like everyone else, the weight started dropping off again. It's nice that we all know we're normal and didn't throw away a bunch of money to lose 20 pounds. :biggrin0: Eleven weeks out, I still fluctuate a lot and have better weeks than others. Also daily weighing can be very deceiving. I sometimes fluctuate a few pounds in a day. I try to only document weigh-ins about once a week, always in the morning, and always wearing the same thing so it's more consistent. Keep up the great work everyone!

Glad to hear the scale is moving for you again too, Carrie. I can lose .25 pound one week, and then three the next, so I hear you on the fluctuating part. I also weigh only once a week, on Sunday mornings right before I step into the shower.

Halleluja! The scale is moving downward again. I didn't realize because I hadn't looked at my last recorded weight, but I had actually GAINED about 5 lbs during that stall, but now I've lost, and 1.2lbs just since yesterday morning. It's been since Aug 20 that I've had these 1-2 lb fluctuations. Now I can go back to just weighing a couple times a week, instead of obsessing waiting for the downward movement to start up again. Whew!

I did speak to the dietician, who suggested a couple possible reasons: not enough Water, not enough bowel elimination, and muscle gain because I've kicked up my walking. The solution for Water was easy to see. She suggested Probiotics to help with the BM situation (she cautioned against Activia and suggested capsule or powder form from the health food store). The muscle gain was the hardest because it's something you just have to wait out.

:tongue_smilie:

...just a couple of thoughts...I'm at week four...it has slowed down; however, I am thinking that my body is adjusting and trying to figure out what is going on. I'm trying not to focus on how much and how quick because I also don't want all the extra lose skin...which leads me to the second thought...ARE YOU WALKING OR INCREASING YOUR EXCERCISE:tongue_smilie:

I'm just now getting to the point were this whole experience is starting to normalize and healthy is becoming habit. I will say; however, I lost my job this week (laid off unexpectedly) and WOW...once again I am realizing I need better coping skills...LOL.

We are all going to get there:thumbup:

:thumbup:

Hey all! Just wanted to report that I had another 1/2 lb loss this morning. Nice! So things are moving in the right direction again. Just another 1.5 lb to get to my lowest postop weight (I had put on almost 5 lbs during that wacky stall, so frustrating!).

Ruthi, I am sure being post menopausal plays a huge part in it all. Our bodies are just not the same and we don't lose like we did when we were young. It's unfortunate, but at least with the sleeve, we have a good fighting chance.

I'm back to stall status, could be the heat and humidity we've have lately. I tried tunafish with mayo for lunch. Took about 4 bites and tummy said NO....don't like that stuff, do not feed it to me. So that was the end of the tuna, sadly, and I like tuna. Guess not now; don't know about the future?

Me too, stalled at week 4, and the scale hasn't budged in 10 days! holy moly...if it doesn't move tomorrow, what to do? I am doing everyting they told me to do..today I did 60 min on the treadmill. And, the milk of magnesia really works. I must say, I have more energy than I have had in a long, long, time. How can someone consuming only 700 cals per day, mainly Protein, stall? That's okay, it has to come off eventually. I am figuring that we are just losing fat, not muscle, and at least we won't have sunk in butt cheecks..is that tmi?

Tuna will work for you again. When I first moved off liquids, I could only eat about 3-4 bites of anything no matter what it was.

Tuna will work for you again. When I first moved off liquids, I could only eat about 3-4 bites of anything no matter what it was.

I agree. I could only eat 3 or 4 small bites also when I moved into mushies. I wondered what I had done to myself. It does get better but that is very normal, I think.

Even now 4 1/2 months out from surgery the volume of food is very small. It is amazing how little I can eat but that is OK.

I eat my Protein 1st to make sure I get the 60 grams minimun in. I work hard to keep my Protein level up. It takes planning because our stomachs are so small.