Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone-

I've been lurking as a "visitor" for some time now and finally decided to join up today. I'm pre-op and started my research on various WLS about 2 years ago. Initially I was considering the LB like so many others... it sounded perfect! and completely reversable- woohoo. But the more I read about it, the more it scared me! And then the thought of constant fills and a foreign object inside me.... no thnx.

I have a close friend who got banded in Jan and she has had some success but tons of problems and regularly vomits after meals... She also tends to eat pretty terrible stuff because "it stays down"... I can't imagine that lifestyle. :(

I came across the VSG forum on LapBandTalk and eventually found my way over here... VSG sounded like a good match for me and I found a local surgeon I was happy with about a year ago and made plans for surgery.

I'm a self pay, so things were moving quickly when I found out I was pregnant!

It came as a complete shock for DH and I but we were thrilled! Surgery had to wait till after the baby. :) Not long after finding out I was pregnant, we found out we were having twins! LOL.

Now my twin girls are 5 mo old (see avatar) and I've been back in communication with the local surgeon to get things moving on my VSG.

I go for my pre-op consultation Sept 10th and will schedule my surgery then. I'm excited/nervous!

I look forward to reading more about everyone's journey and will update with my own as things get rolling!

Welcome to our forum family and the girls look absolutely adorable, I am sure they are going to totally enjoy having a fit and active mommy.

Welcome Feffers - and what cute little girls -- how happy you must have been ... and what a great reason to have to postpone your surgery ... now you can continue on your journey and by the time the girls are up and running (in different directions) you'll be able to keep up with them and not be exhausted.

Congrats on the beautiful twins!!

I"m also in Baton Rouge but I had my surgery with Dr Aceves in Mexicali, Mexico.

What doctor are you going to use? I've heard some really good things about Dr's Bellanger and Hargroder. I don't know much about the others here in town.

Things will start to move quickly for you so hold on for the ride.

Good Luck,

Penny~

Wow guys, thank you for the warm welcome!

PennyS- I'll be seeing Dr. Bellanger. I've met 2 of his former VSG patients and they had glowing reviews about their surgery experience.

Quick update!

I have a date! Oct. 7th. :sad0:

Awesome news!! It won't be long now and you will be an official sleeve sister!!

Congrats on your date. Glad you came to tell us the news. Our dates are close together. We can keep up with each others progress. Good Luck!

Congrats on getting a date and a late welcome to VST.com. We look forward to chatting with you regarding your upcoming procedure. Best of luck!

Welcome!!! And congratulations on your babies and Surgery date!

You'll need all the extra energy with twins!! They look adorabale in that pic!

Keep us posted on your progress!