Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

eyeballing food example pic plz

I like the idea dange and was thinking of it myself. i am really interested in knowing what my plate could look like once the situation down there is stable :lol0:

I also share dange's confusion with oz measurments as we use grams but i guess a quick google look up will clear that up:001_rolleyes:

and just a question. is it ever possible to say... have a half foot of subway sandwich or a regular sized burger a year post-op or am i way off?

sorry if i sound like a noob, but that's what i am:001_tt2:

I am soooo looking fwd to seeing those pics...will be worth the wait... cheers mac. (no hurry for me as i still got a few weeks before i can even think about eating!!!! (starting full fluids tommorow!!! yayyyyy)

I like the idea dange and was thinking of it myself. i am really interested in knowing what my plate could look like once the situation down there is stable :blink:

I also share dange's confusion with oz measurments as we use grams but i guess a quick google look up will clear that up:001_rolleyes:

and just a question. is it ever possible to say... have a half foot of subway sandwich or a regular sized burger a year post-op or am i way off?

sorry if i sound like a noob, but that's what i am:001_tt2:

hahah classic!!!!

half a foot sounds better than 6 inch hey!! lmao.... i want to know when i can ask for a 3 incher... (lol easy to please these days lmao)

maybe just get a half foot and save a quarter for later!!! :lol0:

I'd be very surprised if you could do the 6" subs. You might be able to eat out the insides, but the combo of the roll and the insides would be a bit much for most people. That said, there are docs who make the sleeve big enough that people can do that. But the larger sleeves have trouble with regain too.

I can eat half a PB and J sandwich right now. 1 piece of bread, with a regular amount of PB and J on it, folded in half.

I need to eat some stuff I don't normally eat so my pictures aren't all the same thing over and over. LOL

The problem I have is that I measure stuff out and then, either I need more than in the picture or I can't eat it all. I'm trying to put stuff in each picture that everyone knows the size of too. So I put m fork in, usually. Sometimes it's a dinner fork and sometimes it's a salad fork though. I'll have to label them well so it's always clear.

Oh, I forgot to say that for the hamburger, it's going to depend on the size. A quarter pounder? No. I can eat most of a frozen hamburger if there is no bun but cheese and tomatoes on it. If there was no cheese, I could probably eat it all. But I also want some veggies, so that adds to the volume.

Two things I have found is that a) many times a taste is all it takes to satisfy a craving for me and :) if it's really, really important that I eat a certain volume, there are techniques you can use to get it in. You won't be able to get a 16 oz. steak in that way, but you can get in an extra 50% more. It's kind of a slippery slope, though.

Hey thanks for the clarificatiion mac. I'm fairly new here, u don't know me but i've read lots of what u have to say in many of the forum threads. hats off to u my lady :) u've done a great job to urself and others.

by the way, i do remember getting to a profile of urs were u had gathered all testimonials of people 2 or 3 years post op. couldnt find it again, can u guide me please with a link, i wanna bookmark it this time.:blush:

i must say, it would be strange to adjust to the fact that a 6 feet tall guy wont be able to finish a 6'' coldcut sub.:huh0: i wonder how creative the comments of people i know will go and for how long.

I went to subway about 5 months out... I ordered a turkey and cheese flat bread. I asked them to cut it in half

( they don't cut that for some reason )

and I was only able to eat the half. Taking my time too. I just can't eat bread.... which for me is a GOOD thing!!

I had a flatbread sandwich at subway last week too. I wasn't even able to come near getting half of it down.

Well, if you are 6', I bet your stomach ends up bigger than mine. So maybe you'll be able to do it!

Though, I never could finish a 6" pre-op. I'd eat all the insides, most of the bread and then a cookie. I'd rather have the cookie than all that bread! :drool5:

So Mac,are you still going to do the pictures?

I know at 3 1/2 months out, there is no way I could eat 1/4 of a 6" subway sandwich with bread. I can eat a piece of deli ham wrapped around a piece of string cheese.

I can eat the middle of an enchilada, no shell. I tell them to make it with the chicken, the sour cream and the guac. with a little bit of sauce and cheese on top. It depends on the amount of chicken they give me, but I can usually eat all of that.

Something like steak, I can eat about 5 bites if I chew it really well and cut it up very tiny.

Thanks for the imput girls...and mac.... thankyou so much. its hard when you guys talk about size in oz as i just have NO idea about the oz. or the cans of chicken salad??? we dont have them here in Aus. I bought these little plates that are actually tart shells (about the size of your palm with the fluted edge) i tryed eating from a bread and butter plate, but found myself overloading it. at least with a smaller plate the chance of overload is going to be less! again girls...its just a bouncing point!

Thanks again Mac. i look fwd to seeing the pic

I have a digital kitchen scale that measures in both ounces and grams. You just push a button to switch between the two. I'll be you could find one there and then you could see what 2 oz of meat looks like, if all of your meal suggestions are in English/American measurements...also, check here for a conversion chart from English/American system to Metric: Conversion Chart

YOu'll see 1 Tablespoon equals 15 ml...1 oz Fluid equals 30 ml...etc. Good luck!

But it's not 2 oz. by weight. It's two oz. by volume. That's 1/8 of a cup, if you need a visual, btw.

I am trying to get some variety for my pictures. I'll do a bunch of stuff tomorrow, whether I eat them or not and then make an album.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Eating-Well-After-Weight-Surgery/dp/1569244537]Amazon.com: Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years After Surgery (9781569244531): Patt Levine, Michele Bontmpo-Saray, William B. Inabnet, Meredith Urban-Skuros: B[/ame]

Whiterice talked about this book last night in the chat room

Amazon.com: Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years After Surgery (9781569244531): Patt Levine, Michele Bontmpo-Saray, William B. Inabnet, Meredith Urban-Skuros: B

Whiterice talked about this book last night in the chat room

Thanks AF. I had already forgotten about this. Blame the brain-fog. :confused1: