Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am new to this group, but I am excited to say that I had my pre-op tests done today and my surgery date is Aug. 17th. woo hoo yes I am excited, nervous, afraid, and anxious, all at the same time.

Thanks for all your helpful suggestions, in advance, cause boy am I going to need them!!!

I do have a very supportive husband, and I know his support along with all of yours will really help me on my new journey!:biggrin0:

thanks, I have been reading a lot of the blogs and I am so impressed with the support you all give each other!

Welcome Cheri - don't hesitate to ask any question that comes to mind - one or more of us will have an answer -- or a suggestion -- we're here to help one another. Welcome to the sleeve family!

Hello, Cheri! We are glad to have you join us. Congrats on getting a date. It is wonderful that your hubby is supportive, that truly makes all the difference in the world. We look forward to getting to know you better as your journey progresses.

Hi, Cheri. I will be having my surgery Aug. 13. ONE week from tomorrow!:ohmy:

I did my pre-op test on Monday. Haven't heard anything so i guess everything was ok.

Best of luck and look forward to reading your post!

Heard from my doctor today, my EKG found that 2 chambers of my heart are enlarged, so going in for a echo cardiogram tomorrow, they have to make sure that my heart is ok for surgery. I'm a little frustrated at that but I know that they just would rather be safe than sorry!

I start my liquids next Monday, help me I don't know what Protein Powder to buy!!!!

Cheri,

Congrats on your new date for surgery. Everything will be ok I hope with your Echo. I tried lots of different powders from Really cheap to Really Expensive, The one I found the best luck and taste with was the chocolate whey Protein from Walmart, Not only is it inexpensive but it taste ok to. Just dont smell it! It will discourage you and they all smell the same way. The first 3 days will be the hardest for you to manage or at least it was for me but after that your stomach adjust accordingly. I was sleeved in May 2008, I was 400 LBS easy.. I am now 190 and feeling great! I wish you the same success that many of us share here!

EAS vanilla and chocolate are very good, too, (at least before my surgery -now there' too sweet for me) and they aren't costly either - you can get them at Target, Wal-Mart and at Sam's Club.

Bearded also really likes Pure Protein's Cookies & Cream Protein drinks (got them at Target).

Don't buy too much because what you like before surgery you may not be able to tolerate after surgery - your tastes may change - mine definitely did.