Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Haven't lost any more weight since the initial 1 week post-op

Ash, you arent alone. I may be stalling again too. I think I only lose something every 2 weeks now

I know when I went on plateaus, they sometimes lasted a long time. I had to bump up the cardio to at least 45 min a day of breaking a good sweat. Then all of a sudden, I would drop 5 lbs in a week and go on another plateau for another few weeks.

I know when I went on plateaus, they sometimes lasted a long time. I had to bump up the cardio to at least 45 min a day of breaking a good sweat. Then all of a sudden, I would drop 5 lbs in a week and go on another plateau for another few weeks.
Do you go to a gym or exercise in your home? I can't afford a gym, so just curious. I have an elliptical (it's cheap and not very good) and some aerobic dvds, but I'm bored with them. Need new ideas!

Ash, did your doctor have anything to say about your stall? Maybe try a dancing video. My daughter and I got one from the local library. It was a hoot and didn't feel so much like "exercise" but it sure works up a sweat. I hope the scale moves soon for you!

I do go to a gym. I would never get any exercise done if I didn't. I would sit on the couch and convince myself it's time to get started, and before I know it, the time would be up and I would be getting ready for work.

I do it in the mornings before work.

check around for some other DVd's you might like, if you're good about exercising at home.

I swear by Hip Hop Abs with Shawn T. I know that sounds crazy, but it works. I'm so excited that I can start working out again, and I plan on throwing my Hip Hop Abs DVD back in the player and get started.

You'll need to make sure that you are cleared for abdominal/core excerising before you try these because it is a lot of tummy working out.

I swear by Hip Hop Abs with Shawn T. I know that sounds crazy, but it works. I'm so excited that I can start working out again, and I plan on throwing my Hip Hop Abs DVD back in the player and get started.

You'll need to make sure that you are cleared for abdominal/core excerising before you try these because it is a lot of tummy working out.

That sounds like something I would like. Back when I was a teacher in TX and made more money than I do now, I was a member of a gym that had Latin fusion classes (like Zumba) and I have thought about purchasing the zumba dvds. The latin music is what made the class so great for me.

The videos I have are the walk away the pounds, and I am seriously over them!!! :lol0:

I really liked the hip hop dance class they had at my gym. I know I would like the hip hop dvd, but I would have to make plans to do it with someone. I can't see myself putting it in the DVD player and actually doing it at home. I'd end up buying it and then feeling guilty for never using it.

My daughter wants to exercise. I should suggest that to her. It's more fun to work out with someone else.

If your cable service has "On Demand" video, there should be some exercise videos in there. It's a good way to mix it up without having to spend a fortune on exercise DVDs!

If your cable service has "On Demand" video, there should be some exercise videos in there. It's a good way to mix it up without having to spend a fortune on exercise DVDs!

Great Idea Mac - I'll have to check and see if I have that option -- I have the Leslie Sansone DVDs and they are a good workout -- I just can't stand to listen to her talk constantly, so I just mute the sound - also have the malibu pilates chair and pilates DVD that I need to start doing again now that I am working out at night, too. But change is good too so will check out on demand!

Our remote has an On Demand button, but our cable service provider still does not actually PROVIDE On Demand. But, they promise it's coming (we've been waiting over a year now)...haha!

I get about 900 cals a day (all full liquids).

I walk at least EOD for 20-30 mins.

A good 20 pounds has stayed off-the other four yo yo.

What gives?

I'm not comfortable lowering my cals.

I have 4 kids and a house to deal with. Eating less made me SO tired.

Any thoughts?

I would like to see a little more weight coming off before I hit my 1 month 'surgiversary' on August 10.

How are you doing now? Has the scale started to move a little bit?

Thank God for you guys being willing and taking the time to share your experiences.:confused1:

Thanks Drmedhat for your explanation. I'm one month out and although I'm elated to have lost 15 lbs I haven't lost anything in 10 days. I'm panicking and wondering could I be the only one who doesn't lose weight when every one else's weight is falling off. I had surgery in the states but live in Saudi so I don't have access to a support group. You guys are it!!!!