Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've lost 204 pounds! YEAY!

Bless your heart, Audrey -

When my mother passed, it was the most profound event of my life. Since her death, I've fought my weight constantly since then. I wish I would have had a tool like the Lap-Band then so I wouldn't have been so quick to use food as a tool for coping with pain.

So it's inspirational to see you continue your incredible weight loss, rather than gain like I ultimately did. Your journey isn't an easy one, but I'm sure you'll succeed.

Continued good luck - and you have my total sympathy for your deep loss.

WOW!! The pictures are FANTASTIC!! I am a newbie and hope I can be a successful as you have been. How long did it take you to loose that much?

About 2 years to lose 190lbs then I maintained the weight loss for about a year.

I've recently lost the rest (over the last month or so), probably due to the stress of my mum passing making my band tighter.

I'm happy at this weight, even tho i'm not at BMI 25.... Who cares??!! I'm happy with who I am and what I look like.... just being normal & not standing out in a crowd, (even tho at 5 11 i'm usually still one of the tallest! lol).

Thaqnks for your lovely messages! It really means alot.

aud x

Amazing! You are so beautiful, and your pictures are so awsome! Great job, you should be very proud of yourself.

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. :grouphug: :o

I thought I'd add a wee update to this post...

My weight went down to 186lbs. but (possibly due to the stress of my mum passing away) my band tightened up like a fleas purse & I had to go in for a wee unfill. Unfortunately, that meant that my restriction went from TIGHT to slack in 3 seconds! The result? I had little (if any) restriction. I could eat like a pre-opper... As a result, my food addiction kicked in big time & I was consumed with the thought of food & 'what I can have next'. Don't think that'll ever go away!

Well, my weight shot up while waiting for the fill. I ended up at 251 lbs :speechles .. (BMI 35) not good! Mr Galloway put in a wee 1/4 ml and that gave me the spur on I needed to make the correct food choices again.

I'm weighing myself once a week (on a Friday) & as of last Friday I was back down to 232lbs .. so that's 19 lbs in 4 weeks.. I'm just pleased that it's coming back off again! My BMI is now at 32.4. My clothes are all still a tad too tight but better than they were this time last month!

I'm still taking the Clomid tablets.. I have one more month of them to go & thats it! I have an appointment with the Fertility clinic on 27th November (again) probably to tell me what happens next! Here's hoping I won't have to go & I'll be preggers ! Tho somehow I think not...

My portion sizes are about starter size. If I take my time I'm ok. I'm finding it difficult to make the right food choices & not eat crap.. but it's easier now that I'm a little tighter.

I'm aiming to be 210lbs for next month.. would be nice to be 200 but anything under 220lbs will do!

Thanks for all your PM's and texts!!!

Audrey

Well done Audrey first on the amazing job and secondly on taking control again when you saw things getting back into old habits. I'm waiting for a little fill too to re-kickstart my loss and when I think about how long this road seems sometimes, you are always in my mind as an inspiration.

Keep up the great work and all my best wishes and prayers for a hopefully soon to be happy, healthy pregnancy!!!

Good luck on getting preggers, Audrey, and thanks for the reality update. Our bands really do help us! And a properly filled band makes a huge difference. I'm glad to see you up and running again. It's been quite a year for you. Hang in there, you are a total inspiration! I always love your pics. How is your sister?

Hey Audrey

I missed this the first time around - but WOW!

Hugs and much love. Keep up the good fight. You'll be back under 200 in no time.

Irene

Audrey -- You are simply beautiful. I hope that I get down to your previous weight someday. I take care of my 86 year old mother and I think the stress keeps me from losing more than I have. I now weigh 185, down from 220, but I'd like to lose more. I may have my band fiddled with. But you are wonderful. It makes me feel much better that you gained weight during your mother's last fight. Stress is bad, but you seem to have handled it and are going on. This gives me hope. Thank God for the British and I hope you are preggers very soon.

we are going thru loss to. my brother in law 40 died leaving 3 small children. i have a wonderful book i would love to send you if you would email me your address. it is comforting. explaings the grief pattern. shows condition of the dead. how they are and why there is death.

my prayers are with you. until we reach a better place. where we all will be reunited with our loved ones without the harsh environment that we experience these day.

Audrey.. I just wanted to tell you that I continue to think of you and send positive energy your way. I lost my mom a little over a year ago and I miss her greatly. I've been having a very hard time today actually. Seeing your posts though helps me and I just want to wish you a happy holiday. You're not in this alone!

Audrey there is no one like your mum.

Audrey you have climbed Mt Everest. You must feel so light on your feet now. I am humbled by you. I am so proud for the new healthier you.

I am sending a big hug and lots of pats on the shoulder.

Your band sister,

edie

Well, here is another post to let you know you are not alone. I lost my mom one and a half years ago (July 2005) and this Christmas has been more difficult than last. Yesterday was harder than today seems to be, but it IS early.

Here is the best advice I received: Life will never be the same, but it doesn't have to be bad.

I try to remember that when it hurts too bad. I hope it helps you, too.

You are very brave, and I wish peace for all who are dealing with their own losses and pain. Hugs to all of you.