Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery August 10th with Dr. Aceves

Hope it all goes well. I want to go back to Mexicali just for fun. I had a blast there. It's going to be more fun just to go there and hang out at the Lucerna.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Go with Bearded and I in October - we'll probably go down there for our 3 month checkup - GI and bloodwork.

We had not problems getting in to Mexicali - no traffic at all -- however, getting out of Mexicali is another story - plan on at least 45 min to an hour the day you leave.

As for the IV - I don't even remember them putting mine in - it appears from the bruise I had on the back of my hand they tried there first and it didn't work, so mine was up near the bend of my arm. The anesthesiologist is young and "hip" and very willing to work with you any way he can - just ask.

I am sure you will do great - enjoy the resort. BTW - watch out for the stop signs (they are much shorter than we are used to in the states -- Bearded ran a few the morning we got into Mexicali - :scared0:

I am planning on going in Oct.! I have to go to Phoenix to take care of some stuff to get my dad's house ready to rent to the snow birds. WasA said she would drive to Mexicali with me so I can get my tests. I would not want to drive there by myself so I hope she does not poop out on me.

Good luck on a safe trip and speedy recovery AJ.

Vegas and Daisy, Please, Please go to Mexico when I'm there. I would love to meet you both. I will be at Lucerna on Sept. 30th and surgery on Oct. 1st.

Good luck on a safe trip and speedy recovery AJ.

Vegas and Daisy, Please, Please go to Mexico when I'm there. I would love to meet you both. I will be at Lucerna on Sept. 30th and surgery on Oct. 1st.

OH hey - that is a GREAT idea ... will have to see if Bearded is on board as he is the one who does all the driving. That would be awesome ... are you planning on packing any sweet pickles? :wink:

OMG you are going to be in Mexico the weekend I am planning on being in Illinois, just my luck. No eggs or pickles for me. Wait, Vegas A can save me a jar and I can visit her and pick them up.

I have to be in Phoenix when my dad's CD expires on October 7th. It's been amazingly difficult to get his banking done here. I have gone through all of this

with the Chase banker when I had to drive 100 miles to get to a Chase bank.

How will I get from Phoenix to Vegas so we can all go together? I don't know if you are aware of the fact that I absolutely

hate driving. Driving that 100 miles was about my limit.

sorry to hijack your thread!

Don't forget to save some pickles for me!!!

It's Day 1 post-op and I was doing better yesterday I think. Dragging around today. No big pain, just kind of yuckie:sleep0: One more day here and then go home on Thursday. Hope I feel better then.

It's Day 1 post-op and I was doing better yesterday I think. Dragging around today. No big pain, just kind of yuckie:sleep0: One more day here and then go home on Thursday. Hope I feel better then.

I bet that yuckie is just being plain tired. Your body has been through so much.

How did you feel when you woke up from surgery?

The 2nd day is always the worst - you'll feel better tomorrow and fine to go home on Thursday - every day gets easier ... you will be tired for a while though so sleep when ever you can.

Yep, they always say the second day is the worst, as the first day you are still pretty doped up from the anesthesia. Take care, get plenty of rest and you will be feeling great in no time at all.