Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well Hello!:yo:

I am a TEXAS GAL, and I am here to get all the info you guys are willing to share.

I want the Good, The bad, And the UGLY! (please)

After doing LOTS, and LOTS of research, I have decided to get the sleeve instead of the Band.:001_smile:

I recently found out that My insurance will cover the sleeve

(BCBS FEP) needless to say that was a plus.

I am curently in the process of meeting with my Dietician, and getting a Psyc evaluation. I have a long way to go before surgery but I gave my first step in getting healthy!

I wish everyone the best, and thank you for having a place like this!:thumbup:

Welcome! I, like you, switched from the band to the sleeve. I'm very excited about my decision, and my husband can't stop talking about how excited he is for me. I was born and lived in Texas until last year and I miss it so much! Best of luck with your process and I hope you will get all the answers you need here. I know I have gotten tons of advice and I was able to form a list of questions to ask during my appointments all from things I've read here. :001_smile:

Read the stories that others have posted and post whatever questions you have. Happy 4th and welcome!

Welcome to VST and congratulations on making your decision to have the sleeve and what a plus that your insurance will pay for it.

There is lots of information on this forum and if you have a question and don't see a thread about it already, post away -- you'll receive lots of information.

Happy 4th of July!

I absolutely love hearing people changed their minds are are getting the sleeve instead of the band. I wish they would take the band off the market. It's my opinion that the band is dangerous and can cause serious problems to the stomach and esophagus.

Thanks for the Welcome!!:thumbup1:

Super, I am so happy for you. It's great you have made the decision and awesome that ins will pay. I, too, was scheduled for band but changed my mind at the last minute. It is such a good feeling to be taking control of my health. You will be so very pleased with your decision, I'm sure. Hope to hear of your progress securing your sleeve.

Well Hello!:yo:

I am a TEXAS GAL, and I am here to get all the info you guys are willing to share.

I want the Good, The bad, And the UGLY! (please)

After doing LOTS, and LOTS of research, I have decided to get the sleeve instead of the Band.:thumbup:

I recently found out that My insurance will cover the sleeve

(BCBS FEP) needless to say that was a plus.

I am curently in the process of meeting with my Dietician, and getting a Psyc evaluation. I have a long way to go before surgery but I gave my first step in getting healthy!

I wish everyone the best, and thank you for having a place like this!:blush:

I agree with OregonDaisy, I love to read people write, "I changed my mind I was getting a band and now I've decided on a sleeve." I love reading that, it is as though time spent on the boards was totally worth it.

I especially cringe for self pay folks getting a band. They only read the newbie banded folks posts, they don't realize the problems with the band long term. Or people that have a $10K cap in WLS for a lifetime. What will they do when they need a revision?

Anyway, congrats to you! You made a wise decision!

yeah, it would have been really nice to read about the sleeve first and save myself that 10 grand I paid for the band. It's no fun to self pay twice, but I have to say, having the band out and getting the sleeve was so

worth it!

I would have loved to have only had to pay 10K for the band. I hate making that big payment every month for something I dont have anymore

I would have loved to have only had to pay 10K for the band. I hate making that big payment every month for something I dont have anymore

Oh my that is soooo sad......:lol0:

Ruthi, I am so sorry, I would hate that. Having my band removed has been so liberating. NewSexyMe, you have made the right choice.

A friend of mine revised to bypass from a band. She's still paying off her band as well. :001_tongue:(

That money going out every month serves as a reminder of how important this new me really is and what I am willing to go through to have a new life. Hope you like my photos I posted this morning. I am amazed at the difference so the band wasnt entirely a waste. I will post new pics in the near future. I am holding off till I hit onederland. Hopefully next week.