Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wore them last night; they're probably still hanging in SD closet. To say I was scattered is the understatement.:crying:

Maybe you forgot to pack them? (Thinking positive here) ... but if not, like your thought on the matter!

I wore them last night; they're probably still hanging in SD closet. To say I was scattered is the understatement.:crying:

Call the hotel and see if someone turned them in -- it's always a possibility - and you can stop and pick them up on your way back home ... scattered? Really? Why? (hehehe)

Call the hotel and see if someone turned them in -- it's always a possibility - and you can stop and pick them up on your way back home ... scattered? Really? Why? (hehehe)

I can also pick them up and mail them to you if you are too tired to deal with it on your way back through San Diego.< /p>

August 5th for me!:biggrin0:

Welcome! How are you feeling your first week out?

I see you are trying the ticker. I used the one labeled for "Boards" I believe.

Hey August sleevers,

I'll be joning the club August 31 in Houston, but I live in Atlanta. I got a Lap-Band in Feb. 2008 and had severe slippage that resulted in emergency removal in May 2009. It's been terrible since then, and I've gained back so much weight. Thank goodness I'll be back on track with the sleeve in just 3 weeks time!

travelchick

Hey August sleevers,

I'll be joning the club August 31 in Houston, but I live in Atlanta. I got a Lap-Band in Feb. 2008 and had severe slippage that resulted in emergency removal in May 2009. It's been terrible since then, and I've gained back so much weight. Thank goodness I'll be back on track with the sleeve in just 3 weeks time!

travelchick

Welcome!!!

I would like to hear your story about your slippage and emergency surgery if you would not mind.

How come you are going to Houston for surgery?

So many questions. Only 3 weeks to ask them all...

Welcome!!!

I would like to hear your story about your slippage and emergency surgery if you would not mind.

How come you are going to Houston for surgery?

So many questions. Only 3 weeks to ask them all...

I'm happy to answer any questions. You can also read about my story in the threads at the top of the forum titled something like "Excited to join the VSG club."

I am originally from Houston, and my dad is an orthodontist there. He knows an excellent circle of all kinds of doctors, and it turns out he's old friends with Dr. Philip Leggett, an excellent laparoscopic surgeon who's done many, many bariatric surgeries. This made my selection of a surgeon easy, and Dr. Leggett shows care and concern for me just as if I was his own daughter. In fact, he did the Lap-band surgery on his own daughter just a week after he did mine.

Travelling back to Houston, along with getting off work, was a hassle with my lap-band, but I hoped that would become less frequent with time. When I thought my band was too tight (turns out it had slipped, but we didn't know that yet) I even made a special trip to Houston for a bit of an unfill. A week later, I still wasn't able to keep stuff down and was vomiting about 10-15 times a day, pretty much after any bite or swallow of food or drink. That's when I knew I'd better go to the emergency room. I had read on LapBandTalk about people instructing ER docs on how to stick the syringe in and take out Fluid, and I thought I could do this. When I got in there, they did the X-ray and knew that surgery was necessary.

Funny side story about my day at the ER. I had discovered that I could sometimes keep fluids down if they were slightly slushy and frozen, perhaps because that forced me to drink more slowly. At lunchtime, I went through the Dairy Queen drive-thru and got a blue raspberry flavored Arctic Freeze. I tried drinking it on the drive back to work, but actually had to pull the car over so I could throw up in the bushes. When I got to work and told my friends what had happened, we decided I'd go to the ER. Of course, my lips and tongue were a lovely shade of blue from the drink! I had to assure all the nurses and doctors, upon first seeing me, that my mouth was blue from a drink and not some bizarre medical condition!

Anyway, I had emergency lap-band removal surgery (laparascopically) and spent two nights in the hospital. I was home recovering and being depressed about my WLS surgery being suddenly reversed for the next week or so. Then I talked to Dr. Leggett about the vertical sleeve.

I decided to keep my same doctor in Houston because I trust him. He personally called me while I was in the hospital after my unexpected band removal. He cares about my health. I don't believe it was his fault that my band slipped. I'm also stoked that VSG won't require regular fills or follow-up appointments like my band did. I'll make one trip to Houston, have surgery, recover with the comforts and TLC of home, have my 1-week follow-up, and then fly back to Atlanta.

travelchick

It's getting so close! I'm on full liquids today and tomorrow (clears tomorrow) and then Tuesday is the day.

I response to the earlier threads about nervousness and "What the heck am I doing?" thoughts: I haven't told very many people that I'm having surgery. Those who know have asked "are you excited/scared/nervous?" My response is "I'm at peace about it. So of the three, I think I'm just excited" I'm excited to start my new life... To be the best mom to my kids that I possibly can... To see how life changes for me.

Good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking of you!

That's very sweet of you, but those babies are long gone. Guess someone knew a good thing when they saw them. I have repurchased in a smaller size and I'm sure they'll fit when I get them.:biggrin0:

I can also pick them up and mail them to you if you are too tired to deal with it on your way back through San Diego.< /span>

Hi Cheri,

How are you doing? I leave tomorrow for PV, I am a bit anxious, but more excited to just get it over with. I will have a few days at the pool beforehand, to relax at least.

I'll be thinking about you on Monday!