Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long until you went back to work?

When I Called the office earlier this week I specifically asked the RN about time off between the Sleeve and the Bariatric - she said 4 weeks no matter which surgery... So I'm not sure???? It's done Lapriscopically and I have a desk job...

When I Called the office earlier this week I specifically asked the RN about time off between the Sleeve and the Bariatric - she said 4 weeks no matter which surgery... So I'm not sure???? It's done Lapriscopically and I have a desk job...

I'd say play it by ear and go back when you feel like it. I'd have gone crazy by 4 weeks.

That is odd. I'd talk to his other patients and see if they needed four weeks off. If they all did that tells me it is the surgeon and I'd be checking to see who else my insurance would contract with to do the surgery.

A week, two at best. This is not the horror of a surgery that many assume it is.

I remember a person on another board that was verrrry angry because her doctor wouldn't sign short term disability for 6 months. He told her she got 2 weeks, tops.

I stayed overnight in the hospital. Went back to work at 1.5 weeks but wish I'd taken 2.

I've had two c-sections and an open gallbladder and this was much easier than any of those.

I had my surgery on Monday, June 29th and returned to work this past Monday, July 6th. I work in a large Medical Center, so some walking between buildings, some desk work, lots of meetings. Hasn't been a problem. In fact, I did not expect to feel as good as I do. Hope your experience is similar. Best to you.:001_tongue:

I am a stay at home mom............but with eight kids....five disabled....it is a full time job 18 hours a day! My surgery was my vacation! I went back full force the night I got back...... It took about a week home 10 days till I felt really normal. THough I am still avoiding picking them up as much as I can!!!!!!! (harder than you would think!)

If I had a desk job I would have gone back that monday....same if I was still teaching...... may be two.....depending on how I felt.... but I felt great!

I will be in two nights and three days. Luckily, I am a teacher and will have the remainder of the month of August to be ready. But, from what I understand, I will be exercising from damn near wakey wakey time after the surgery. Luckily, I am in decent shape overall, just fat.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I had gone to a support group meeting a few weeks ago and everyone there had had the bypass. They were all saying how horrible the pain was.:scared0: That had me a little worried.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I had gone to a support group meeting a few weeks ago and everyone there had had the bypass. They were all saying how horrible the pain was.:scared0: That had me a little worried.

The sleeve isn't painful. I had my surgery on 6/12 and went back to work on 6/19. I would have gone back a day earlier; however, I was having diarhhea and thought it better to stay home that day!

I was surprised by the lack of pain involved with the sleeve surgery. I was miserable after having my band and in a lot of pain. But I experienced very little, if any, real pain after the sleeve.

I had surgery on Wednesday and returned to work the following Monday morning for 6 hours and then full day on Tuesday. I was in the hospital overnight and home doing great the next day around noon. It has been 10 months and I have lost 86 pounds. I lost about 80 pounds in 6 months. I love my sleeve surgery and wish that it had been available to me years ago. I went from a size 20 to a size 10 and I love it at 5'7" tall.:001_smile:

:001_smile: Waving to KCannon.. Hey sis!!! I didn't know you were posting here.. LOL you can answer all my questions!

I'll see you the 19th, are you still going with me for my consultation on Monday?

I was surprised by the lack of pain involved with the sleeve surgery.

I was too. For the most part, it was pretty painless for me.

I had surgery last Monday and frankly I don't feel like doing much. I just got back home yesterday. Part of it is me just figuring out what to eat (drink) and when, what tastes good, etc. The day of surgery was actually easier for me than day two - day three got a little better. Maybe I'm a baby but it threw me for a bigger loop than I planned on. Everyday I feel a little better though - and it's NOTHING compared to the health problems I'm sure I'd go through if I continued down the path of obesity.

I do have to say I LOVE DR. ACEVES and HIS WHOLE STAFF. It's amazing how good they are. What a bunch of incredible people. People on here talk about him but you just don't get it until you're there. He's so down to earth, smart, easy-going but incredibly professional. (And I love Dr. Campos, Ernesto, Carla, Betty, Viviana!)

You are so right. They all make the entire experience so much more enjoyable.