Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP!!!! Anyone post-op!!!

Hang in there! Debbie and I were one week after you. I found walking around as much as possible helps "move" things around inside and I can sip more than when I less mobile. I get up and walk around about every 30 minutes and my breathing has improved greatly too. I don't know if you are able to do that, but it might help. Don't push it if you can't. We're thinking about you and keep us posted.

I just had a piece of watermelon. It was divine. I saw it on the list of allowed somewhere. I put it in my mouth and sucked on it.

I just had a piece of watermelon. It was divine. I saw it on the list of allowed somewhere. I put it in my mouth and sucked on it.

Yep as soon as I saw watermelon, I went and bought one and have it all chopped up ... I had some today.

Eyfura - if it makes you feel any better, I am not able to eat much either -- especially in the morning -- a few bites of applesauce (that I've mixed my medicine in) is about it. And then I feel like it's stuck right between my boobs. So this morning, I thought I'd drink a bit of Water to "thin" it out and move it through. Instead I threw up all the Water and part of the applesauce. I gave up. I just sipped water until "lunch" time and ate some of my Soup... it feels stuck too.

I talked to Gaby and she told me to stick with WARM in the mornings and not try anything cold until lunch or after. All I can figure is I'm still swollen.

I hate the feeling and am concerned about getting in enough liquids .... so far my urine is still pretty clear, so I think I'm doing okay.

Hang in there!

Well the watermelon was a BIG mistake. It's an hour later and I'm STARVING. I haven't had any carbs in two months and I think the carbs from the watermelon triggered my hunger. Dang! I am missing the summer fruit and watermelon is so refreshing.

Well the watermelon was a BIG mistake. It's an hour later and I'm STARVING. I haven't had any carbs in two months and I think the carbs from the watermelon triggered my hunger. Dang! I am missing the summer fruit and watermelon is so refreshing.

Well that sucks ... maybe I'll have mine at lunch tomorrow ...

Pee clear, pee free.....peer's unite!!!!!

That is a great sign.

Susan, welcome!

Eyfura, you're still a fresh post-op and likely have a lot of post-op swelling. Keep drinking and try and get in some Protein. Maybe you could try some pudding and see if that goes down? Keep experimenting and stay hydrated.

Finally, something that tastes good and went down easily -- Tomato Soup made with milk ( low sodium variety). I tried an Atkins shake this morning and between 8 and 11:30 I was able to get down about 1/3 of it ... then just looking at it made me want to puke.

Tried to take my pills tonight (I forgot this morning) and mixed the powder in with some SF pudding ...about 3 bites was all I could tolerate -- to sweet.

Maybe this surgery has cured me of my desire for sweets - just like OregonDaisy's craving of ice cream. That would be okie dokie for me.

How are you doing Eyfura???

The only way I can seem to get any of the shakes in any more is to mix them with coffee so they aren't sweet.

Well, hadn't thought of that -- how much do you use cause it doesn't take much to be over sweet for me.

I use at least 1/3 dark coffee. It works with both vanilla and chocolate. I'm having a real aversion to sweet drinks, but I'm having to still do the shakes because a couple of bites of Protein isn't going to hack it. I was drinking Atkins but have been reading about the Premier from costco so got some yesterday. It has 30 grams of protein instead of 15. I don't like the taste as well but it was good when mixed with coffee.

I use at least 1/3 dark coffee. It works with both vanilla and chocolate. I'm having a real aversion to sweet drinks, but I'm having to still do the shakes because a couple of bites of Protein isn't going to hack it. I was drinking Atkins but have been reading about the Premier from costco so got some yesterday. It has 30 grams of Protein instead of 15. I don't like the taste as well but it was good when mixed with coffee.< /strong>

I'll give it a try -- I know I am not getting in anywhere near the protein ... I can't stand anything that is even the least bit sweet -- fruit seems to be okay -- well at least the watermelon - it hasn't been too sweet the tiny bit I have had.

so many people told me Costco's Protein drink was good, and it's the only one that I thought tasted like cr@p.

I wish I would lose my sweet tooth too. I add stevia to my Protein drinks to make them sweeter.

Okay so I need some help! I still can't take in much liquids (Renee has tried to get me to go in for IV Fluids but I don't think I am that far gone yet) I am on full fluids and can't seem to find anything really I can take! I need advice on what works best! I have tried Tomato Soup, different kinds of smoothies, stew and bean and bacon Soup blended up, Atkins shakes, and whey Protein shakes. I can't take more then 3-4 sips and sometimes that makes me feel ill!!! The only thing I have been able to get down..about (2 oz or so) was the carnation instant mix I made for my kids and that is not really ideal... Please let me know if you found anything especially good that might help me get more into my body...the past few weeks have really sucked food and liquid wise! Thanks all!

Eyfura,

You know you can also do ice chips, (different textures) and sf popsicles. I used to get Vitamin Water and make ice cubes from it. I tolerated frozen things better during the liquid phase than just liquids. This was the only way I was able to get enough in. For one thing, you can hold frozen things in your mouth and just let it melt. Even at three months out, Water and such has to be very, very cold or slushy. I went hiking the other day, and got nausaeous off of room temperature water.

Eyfura,

You know you can also do ice chips, (different textures) and sf popsicles. I used to get Vitamin Water and make ice cubes from it. I tolerated frozen things better during the liquid phase than just liquids. This was the only way I was able to get enough in. For one thing, you can hold frozen things in your mouth and just let it melt. Even at three months out, Water and such has to be very, very cold or slushy. I went hiking the other day, and got nausaeous off of room temperature water.

Those are great idea! I know she lived on SF Popsicles at least her first 5 days home ... that was the only thing she could get down.

I want everything to be super cold too and before surgery didn't care - if it was wet, I'd drink it. Now, the colder the better. Only problem is, I'm so tight in the morning, that I can't get anything cold down -- have to stick with hot until about 10 am.

I use at least 1/3 dark coffee. It works with both vanilla and chocolate. I'm having a real aversion to sweet drinks, but I'm having to still do the shakes because a couple of bites of Protein isn't going to hack it. I was drinking Atkins but have been reading about the Premier from costco so got some yesterday. It has 30 grams of Protein instead of 15. I don't like the taste as well but it was good when mixed with coffee.< /strong>

Thanks for this tip -- I am sitting here drinking my coffee with my Atkins shake in it (not all of it mind you) and it's just the right "sweet"

I wish I would lose my sweet tooth too. I add stevia to my Protein Drinks to make them sweeter.

Dang, Daisy, just the thought of adding stevia to my Protein Drink wants to make me gag! Do you use the entire package or the suggested serving size of 1/2 package? I like stevia better than splenda or sweet-n-low, but 1/2 pkg is definitely enought for me.