Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein, Protein, How to get in all of my protein...

Protein drinks. You can get at least 20 grams in a Protein Drink. You'll have to find one you like though.

I have heard good things about the Lean Dessert that you can order from vitacost.com.

I also really like the Peanut Butter chocolate whey gourmet that you can order from

Netrition.com

Protein shakes

Protein drinks that are more like koolaid

Protein hot chocolate

FAGE Yogurt (or other Greek Yogurt, but not the stuff with fruit added)

Cottage cheese

cheese sticks

Protein Bars (but very few are low carb enough)

Special "Bariatric" food with added protein such a protein pancakes, protein Soups, etc.

These are all things that always go down for me and have at least 12 g of protein per serving, often a lot more.

I like to take 6oz of yogurt and add a scoop of unflavored Isopure powder. You can't even tell it is in there.

I'm not sure if you are able to eat that much? It is yogurt, so it should slide right through, and it makes normal eating the rest of the day much easier.

I have to do a Protein Shake once a day or it will never work...... I have differnet issues with my sleeve than my band. But my band required them on and off....I decided I would just always do one with my sleeve! (right now I need 100 g a day with breast feeding)

I make shake in 4oz of 1% milk with 1 1/2 scoops of Six Star Muscle whey Protein (vanilla Ice Cream Milkshake) you get it @ WalMart..its 60g of protein...its the only flavor I like..I also eat 1 low fat Yoplait yogurt 6g of Protein. I tried EAS and yuck!! didn't like @ all.

I do not want to lose hair so if I don't get my shake I eat a Protein Bar.

It's hard..I would love to eat but everything other than watermelon and canteloupe feels like a rock in my stomach..sometimes I do get depressed b/cause its hard to go out with friends but I do feel alot better 25lbs lighter so I figure its better than being heavy.

Muscle milk was pretty good but its so much liquid to consume to get enough protein.

Also, I forgot to mention sometimes I add a tbsp or so of f/f, s/f pudding mix to spruce it up..it's the only way I can get my Protein in.

I also take 2 tabs of Biotin per day and I've started using Folicure brand shampoos from Sally Beauty Supply. I was going to purchase Nioxin brand (more expensive) but when I went to Sally's I spoke to a sales person who had lost 100 lbs due to WLS and she told me Folicure was much better and cheaper..about 4.00/btl...boy was I glad I ran into her...she had lost alot of hair b/cause she did not keep up with her Protein so the Shampoo helped her cope in the interim.

Deb, for the first time with weight loss, I am starting to lose my hair. I have a Sally's right up the street, so I am going to try the Folicure. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was alays told there is a sspecific number (I think 35 g) of Protein that can be absorbed at a given time? Anyone else heard this?

It is why I have tried to keep the drinks to spread out over an hour or so? I do the Isopure (40 g whey) or the pro performance 95 (35 g of soy).

Oh boy Vegas, that's one more spot were are going to have to hit. I have to have some of that Shampoo. I am almost out of my nioxin. I am all for something cheaper. Plus I think it's drying to my hair.

You're right, I am going to start a list.

I am pretty sure she posted that the Protein limit was a myth.

I was alays told there is a sspecific number (I think 35 g) of Protein that can be absorbed at a given time? Anyone else heard this?

I hear it all the time. But it isn't true. :biggrin: It's a really popular and common myth though. But there are studies that disprove it.