Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is the sleeve a second WLS surgery for most?

In reading it seems like the sleeve is the second WLS for a lot of people. Have any started out with the sleeve as their first surgery?

In reading it seems like the sleeve is the second WLS for a lot of people. Have any started out with the sleeve as their first surgery?

I will be after tomorrow morning ... this is my first (and last) WLS. Pre-op testing was today; surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning.

You'll find a "mixed" group of people. Many of us have had the band and revised to the VSG but there's also a growing number of people here who are just exploring WLS and deciding on the sleeve.

That's wonderful! I wish you tons of success!!

Thank you ... I will keep you posted on everything!:thumbup:

I started with the sleeve. I was scheduled for a band however in all my reaseach I kept seeing so many band problems and /or band people revising that about a week before my surgery (4/20/09) I changed to the sleeve.

I am so happy I did WLS. The 1st month was kind of a struggle but very doable. I have lost 44 # in 7 weeks. My strength/energy is back and I am ready to go forward with life. This is wonderful.

It will be my only WLS as well. A friend of mine's sister had the sleeve done about 18 months ago. She loves it. I'm so excited for her!

MacMadame had the sleeve as her only wls and has lost over 100 lbs.

Yes, I have! I've lost 105 so far. I'm not sure how much more I will lose. I still have at least one 1 lb. of visible fat that is being very stubborn about coming off! :thumbup:

Is if fat or just skin? Yea, I know, does it really matter? I have a lot of skin still, I'm hoping after a year or so it will retract. If it doesn't, I'm not having plastic surgery, I have seen that done, and can't stand looking at the scars and recovery. I would rather just live with some loose skin.

I started out with the Sleeve. Its the only surgery that Ive had or will have, Im sure. Im quite satisfied with it.

:thumbup:

hugs 'n love,

Lisa

When I was originally banded I knew I was a guinea pig to some degree as it was fairly new in the US. But I didn't realize the long term complications would be so great. It was kind of advertised as ... this is easy! Eat everything you usually do just in smaller quantities and before you know it you'll be normal size!

What a load! ;o)

If I had it to do over again it would have been the sleeve the first time.

It's definitely fat! It's in my panus so it's kind of obvious. :) Oh and I have a bit in my calves too. The stuff in my thighs, I'm not so sure of though. That might be loose skin.

I have decided my skin will go back and that's that. Hopefully my skin will agree with me. :thumbup: