Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Airlines/Nursing homes/ this and that

Thank you. He was 90 and I talked to him almost every day while I was in Oregon ever since my mom died 7 years ago. He kept telling me he was ready to join her.

Edited by Oregondaisy

I finally got a call from the airlines and they gave me a credit for my airline ticket. That

means when I have to go back to Arizona

when the weather cools off, I will have one

less thing to worry about.

I wish I knew what to do with all his stuff. I so don't want to have another garage sale. I hope I can sell the furniture on Craigs list. Then I could donate the rest of the stuff and put the house on the market.

Daisy, I am so sorry, I am just now seeing this! Please accept my deepest sympathies on the loss of your father.

Be careful with Craig's List. It is a great resource, but there are also some real whackos on there. If you do have anyone come to look at the furniture, make sure you have someone there with you, preferably a man. It is better to be safe than sorry.

That's great about the ticket credit Daisy.

As for your dad's stuff, there are companies out there that will come and appraise everything and others that will buy the entire estate if you don't want to have to hassle with Craig's list and selling items piece-meal. If you do go with Craig's list, I agree with Susan - have someone else there with you. Also, if possible move the items to the garage so they don't have to come into your house. Be sure you put on the ad SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY and CASH ONLY. There are a ton of scammers out there who say they will send their representative with a cashier's check and then when cash the check, it's bad - so you're out not only the furniture, but the money as well. We had that happen recently (not taking the check but people wanting to send the representative, etc.). One guy even offered us a $1000 "bonus" .... so just be VERY CAREFUL and stick to CASH ONLY!!!

You can also call St. Vincent DePaul and they will come and pick everything up that you want to donate and give you a receipt for tax purposes.

I tried all the places in the phone book over there that said they would buy estates. They were not at all interested in any of my dad's stuff. They said they buy antiques.

The best one lady would do was to rent me all her tables so we would have a sale ourselves. That was when I moved my dad into assisted living. Now I have his furniture back in the house that he took to assisted living, plus what furniture didn't sell when we had our sale.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Now I have his furniture back in the house that he took to assisted living, plus what furniture didn't sell when we had our sale.

Where is your brother in all of this, may I ask? Doesn't he live there in Phoenix where your dad lived?

If you're going to have to do it on your own, then I would suggest Craig's list - I've sold several things on Craig's list with good luck and usually within a day or two of posting it. You can have them respond to you by email on craig's list before giving them any information such as address and phone so you know they are serious.

Wish I could help you more!

My brother lives in Chicago and is a big ol pot head. He's a good guy, but lacks motivation , surprise surprise. He did work his butt off cleaning out my dad's apartment, after I had my dairy queen treat and spent the evening in the bathroom. I told him it was from nerves of everything I had gone through the past few days.

I just talked to a realtor, and he's going to go by tomorrow and check everything out. I am thinking I may get it ready and rent it out for the winter to snow birds. That way, the house would be available for me when I want to go there in the summer. The heat doesn't really bother me that much, if I could get the place to pay for itself until the market improves.

My brother lives in Chicago and is a big ol pot head. He's a good guy, but lacks motivation , surprise surprise. He did work his butt off cleaning out my dad's apartment, after I had my dairy queen treat and spent the evening in the bathroom. I told him it was from nerves of everything I had gone through the past few days.

I just talked to a realtor, and he's going to go by tomorrow and check everything out. I am thinking I may get it ready and rent it out for the winter to snow birds. That way, the house would be available for me when I want to go there in the summer. The heat doesn't really bother me that much, if I could get the place to pay for itself until the market improves.

Well that's a good thought, too and that way you can take your time and figure out what you want to do with all of his furniture. Good thinking Girl!