Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Satiety, Inc. - A new WLS procedure (Investigational)

Check out this procedure. It's investigational so don't bank on getting it just yet.

Welcome to Satiety, Inc.

I have to admit, it's a bit too much like banding to me and the thought of another stoma, puking, sliming, and foaming would make me stay far away from it but those not afraid of a stoma ... might be kinda cool.

Be sure to view the video, it's very interesting.

The video is fascinating to an engineer and gadget freak like me. :) But I'm still glad my fundus was removed...

you really hope to never find out! Band stuff! Imagine rabid dog.......stuck lettuce....drooling till you puke.......................or feeling like having a heart attack cause watermelon trying to fit through a button hole gets stuck and you dry heave till it comes out!

you really hope to never find out! Band stuff! Imagine rabid dog.......stuck lettuce....drooling till you puke.......................or feeling like having a heart attack cause watermelon trying to fit through a button hole gets stuck and you dry heave till it comes out!

HAHAHAHA!!! That's about the best description I do believe I have ever read!

This happens with banding, rarely with sleeves. Never has happens since I got rid of the horrible band!

A stoma is an artificial opening. RnYers have it between their pouch and their intestines. Bandsters have it when the band cinches their stomach.

Foaming is when you fill up your pouch too much or too fast and lots of saliva gets made but there is no place for it to go so you start spitting up foam. Sliming is another name for it. It's a slimy foam.

I don't like the looks of those pleats around the stoma. Looks like a good place for seeds and such to get caught up. I'm thinking along the lines that disease/disorder where people don't tolerate seeds and such because they get caught and fester? Is it diverticulitis?

One of my main reasons for choosing the sleeve is that the path the food follows is more or less intact. The openings don't change. Just the size of the storage space.

I don't like the looks of those pleats around the stoma. Looks like a good place for seeds and such to get caught up. I'm thinking along the lines that disease/disorder where people don't tolerate seeds and such because they get caught and fester? Is it diverticulitis?

One of my main reasons for choosing the sleeve is that the path the food follows is more or less intact. The openings don't change. Just the size of the storage space.

Yes, it is diverticulitis and can be quite painful - my mom had it and sometimes suffered greatly.