Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cross between a band and sleeve?

Check out this procedure. It's investigational so don't bank on getting it.

Welcome to Satiety, Inc.

I have to admit, it's a bit too much like banding to me and the thought of another stoma, puking, sliming, and foaming would make me stay far away from it but those not afraid of a stoma ... might be kinda cool.

It looks like it functions VERY similar to an inflated band... NOT for me! I have no desire to go back to eating an unhealthy diet and dying with heart burn and gastric regurg.

I think this would be great for people who can't get around the idea of their stomach being permanently removed. But... I really wanted my fundus gone and a guarantee of limited ghrelin production and I don't see this procedure giving that.

It looks like it functions VERY similar to an inflated band... NOT for me! I have no desire to go back to eating an unhealthy diet and dying with heart burn and gastric regurg.

The band causes soooo many problems that it is a good thing that the band can be reversed. This procedure is kinda sorta like a permanent band and I'm not so sure that would have fewer problems. But it is an interesting concept.

I don't get it though, why keep the Ghrelin? Ghrelin is our enemy. ;o)

Let's face it, the band is on its way out and that means a big loss of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to the surgeons who have been getting rich doing several a day. All the other weight loss surgeries involve altering the anatomy in some way and that freaks a lot of people out. I see this as the next "big sell" to patients as THE improvement to the band.

Nope, not for me! It's cool that they don't have to make incisions, but that's about the only good thing about it.

Far too similar to how the band works for me. . . I wouldn't go through the pb'ing, sliming, and regardless if I had no incisions.

Far too similar to how the band works for me. . . I wouldn't go through the pb'ing, sliming, and regardless if I had no incisions.

Seems like...

First they had the mesh band, then the non-adjustable band, then the small adjustable band, then the mega huge adjustable band.. now the "no-band band"? The "Staple" band? The "Band without a band-band"? Heh... I don't know what to call it since it still seems to function like a freak'en band!

A band is a band... not for me. The gov't doesn't print enough money to pay me to get another one. I like my sleeve, wouldn't trade it for anything.

It seems more like the old stomach stapling operation to me than a band.