Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All I have wanted to do since surgery is clean. I have cleaned 4 rooms from top to bottom and taken 7 boxes of odds and ends of stuff to the donation center. My husband wants to know what I am going to do after I get all the rooms cleaned? LOL

Tell him to send you to Las Vegas and you can clean mine! LOL

I wish this surgery would make me want to clean. I am still just as much of a slob as I always was. I spend way too much time on the computer when I should be doing something productive!

Thank you so much Mountain for your kind words of encouragement. I'm feeling great and ready to go back to work on Tuesday. I have lost a total of 19 lbs. now and I'm working on a scrapbook/weightloss journal with all the pictures from Mexico. This is helping me to see my journey in a very positive way. Maybe someday it might help someone else.

I'm enjoying the cleaning. I feel like it is helping me declutter my house and myself to start a new and positive life. I want to be able to invite friends over more often and focus more on that than sitting around wondering what I'm gonna eat next. LOL

Good luck on your journey too.

My house too, is experiencing the cleaning phenomenon. I have cleaned out closets, clothes, under sinks, cabinets, you name it. I refolded my entier linen closet last weekend. WHO am I? LOL.

I wish I liked to clean. I am in Arizona cleaning my dad's house and hating every minute of it. It looks clean, but it's filthy if that makes any sense. I have to scrub the floor on my hands and knees to get the grout on the ceramic tile clean. Here in AZ everyone has tile in their living rooms. My dad's back yard is even tiled!

I have to wash walls, and deep clean and I would love to be doing anything else. Now I am taking a break at Star bucks and using their WIFI.

What about the obvious? Sex instead of food? Hey, I don't have a man, so that isn't really an option for me, but if I did...whoa!

im still a slob too. i wish i had that substitute addiction. But i beleive My sub-addict is working out. I feel like crying sometimes when i go too long(a few days) wihtout workingout. Especially now that im almost 6months out and i eat a hell of a lot moree than before.I get so scared that im eating to the point of weight gain. Myrealistic side tells me it's almost impossible considering how few calories i take in, But my crazy, semi malnurished, delusional side just feel like im going to gain it all back right this minute if i dont go for atleast an hour jog.

:sad0:My concern about trading addictions is SMOKING!!!! Who can help me understand???? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my issue as well. I have quit smoking twice since surgery, and unfortunately, I have picked it back up again. I'm currently taking Wellbutrin to help with the withdrawals and irritability that comes with quitting.

My quit date is May 1st. I'm hoping that I can quit this time for good.

My biggest issue is more mental than physical. I can deal with the headaches, and shakes. The problem I have is finding myself in the fridge. I didn't work my a$$ off to lose 140+pounds to gain it back by grazing because I've given up smoking.

I know the sleeve won't let me overeat, but I can eat a lot of junk food. And, that honestly scares me.

SEXXXXXXXXXXX................. yesssssssssssssss- felt like born again virgin...

But been getting out more and more.. and I am probaly drinking tooo much..... I am drinking orange vodka with orange crystal lite lol.... got everyone likeing it tooooooo!!!

Sowing some oats I guess......... get out of my system... but having fun in the process- dancing- shooting pool... darts... BINGO ( go figure) and of course............. shopping!!

On smoking, I'm happy to say that I've never smoked and never will. This isn't a self-righteous thing -- it's self-preservation. My sister has smoked since I was very young, and I've watched her try -- and fail -- to quit again and again, for our entire lives. Now that we're both grown up (well, pushing middle age, really) I can really tell that she's a smoker -- instead of her actual age, 6 years older than me, she looks about 20 years older than me. And she's struggling with emphysema and early heart disease. And she's YOUNG (46).

As to sex, well... if I had a sex life, that would be a fun habit. Who knows, maybe if I lose the weight the libido will kick in (as a man, it's no fun to be libido-less... women just assume that all men are horn-dogs all the time, and the ten thousandth time you have to explain that "it's not you, it's me" really stops being fun).

I'm HOPING that my new addiction will be exercise and treating my newly-sleeved body with the respect and care that I've denied it for 39 years.

My other challenges besides food has always been spending money (shopping) espcially clothes and buying gifts for other people. I am feeling the retail therapy bug biting me harder since my surgery. My sister died of lung cancer at the age of 53 so I never picked up smoking... but I don't judge...addictions are addictions...we all just have to try our best one day at a time.....

I pray that my new addiction will be exercise, eating right, shopping for others or sex (school girl giggles). Those are all great addictions.

I really do worry that I don't have what it takes to be one of you great post op sleevers. Some of you are so dedicated to exercise and carb counting. Just can't shake the what if's... ugh. I keep telling myself, if I could stick to an exercise program and constantly watch/monitor what I put in my mouth then I probably wouldn't be doing this in the first place. Man... don't let me be that bad sleever. I just keep praying for one of your healthy substitute addictions.

Triathalons? Hmmm, maybe you're just an overachiever and own the saying "Go big or go home" That could pertain to exercise or the buffet.

:D