Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm weird, I hate sex, to me it's a big boring job. . . but my new addiction is yard work, planting, tending to my flowers and my saltwater aquarium. . . I keep myself busy at work and then at home. . . my darlin hubbie says "can't you sit still, your worse then me now" . . . so cute. . .

I pray that my new addiction will be exercise, eating right, shopping for others or sex (school girl giggles). Those are all great addictions.

I really do worry that I don't have what it takes to be one of you great post op sleevers. Some of you are so dedicated to exercise and carb counting. Just can't shake the what if's... ugh. I keep telling myself, if I could stick to an exercise program and constantly watch/monitor what I put in my mouth then I probably wouldn't be doing this in the first place. Man... don't let me be that bad sleever. I just keep praying for one of your healthy substitute addictions.

It's like they replace your brain with a skinny person's brain sometimes. I strongly believe in the grelin horomone makes it nearly impossbile to control what you eat. It's so much easier post op. Is it cake or a breeze NO but I don't white knuckly everyday to stay on low carb. It's not even 1/4 hard as it was preop.

OH my new addiction is so EXCERCISE! I feel wrong without it, I crave it even! I have taking up bike riding, yoga, walking, aqua size and step! Who am I!

I have an itch to go buy some jewelry. I've never been much of a jewelry person, but I think that is about to change....

You are all so funny! I'm not really hoping to switch out addictions. I'm a Soda addict right now...real soda. Cherry Coke and Dr. Pepper to be exact. I am hoping an good easy transition to Tea...with very little or no Sugar. I'm already working on that.

I CANNOT wait to get into some smaller clothes in my closet that I already love. I'm actually very very excited about the idea of goodwill and resale shops. There will be so many more cheap clothing options as a smaller person. Even the clearance rack at many clothing stores. They never have the right size in the clearance now.

Good luck to all...and don't hurt yourselves too much exercising or extreme shopping. Wouldn't want you to sprain an ankle fighting over the last pair of size 4 6 or 8 designer jeans! ;)

You are all so funny! I'm not really hoping to switch out addictions. I'm a Soda addict right now...real soda. Cherry Coke and Dr. Pepper to be exact. I am hoping an good easy transition to Tea...with very little or no Sugar. I'm already working on that.

I CANNOT wait to get into some smaller clothes in my closet that I already love. I'm actually very very excited about the idea of goodwill and resale shops. There will be so many more cheap clothing options as a smaller person. Even the clearance rack at many clothing stores. They never have the right size in the clearance now.

Good luck to all...and don't hurt yourselves too much exercising or extreme shopping. Wouldn't want you to sprain an ankle fighting over the last pair of size 4 6 or 8 designer jeans! ;)

I used to be a Dr. Pepper addict! I know how you feel! On vacation this past weekend, I tasted some Dr. Pepper and it tasted terrible! Gotta love the sleeve. It will take care of your soda addiction for you. I am now addicted to checking out the clearance racks and Goodwill. I have found some really great jeans at resale shops. : )

I used to be a Dr. Pepper addict too. Luckily I gave that up a long time ago because I didn't like diet dr. pepper at all. I still like a sip of it now and then but that's all I can take.

I think it is a valid concern. I have a friend who had gastric bypass after being overweight her entire life. She ended up going a little crazy with clothes shopping when she lost weight because she had never had a normal shopping experience where clothes fit well. She got a part time job in a retail store and that just fueled the fire with her employee discount. She charged everything and hid it from her husband until she couldn't pay the mortgage and she had to tell him. They ended up filing bankruptcy and are back on their feet now but what a lesson.

I think this is similar to someone who has been restricting their eating through diet, loses weight, then like a kid in a candy store goes craxy overeating once they can eat real food again. I think you can't deprive yourself or you end up going over board. Maybe set a schedule for shopping once a quarter and give yourself an allowance. I think that is what I am going to do. Also I am going to shop consignment stores while I am losing since I won't be in a size too long until I get to goal weight. Of course I am cheap when it comes to spending money on me anyway.

I think cooking is becoming my new addiction. I hated cooking before, but now I find myself browsing recipes and cooking dinner for my husband. I know how to make almost nothing, so it's kind of exciting to make things that other people find tasty. I'm not even cooking anything that I can eat. I make things that I don't like, or things made with meat and I never even get to taste it to see if it's good. I just go by the smell and serve it up to whoever is at my house.

I wish my new addiction was cleaning. Someone needs to clean my room, and I can't be bothered to do more than keep our bedding and half of the laundry clean. lol

My new addiction is exercise classes! I love doing them and look at the schedule for the gym and dojo constantly to try to figure out how many classess I can fit into one week. I haven't been to a class since Tuesday and its killing me LOL. Had to work late and couldn't make it to my dojo or gym in time for the classes. I try the treadmill and stationary bike but find it too boring. Being in a group setting of (mostly women) people of all shapes sizes and ages who are gung ho about the same thing you are doing is really infectious!

My new addiction is exercise classes! I love doing them and look at the schedule for the gym and dojo constantly to try to figure out how many classess I can fit into one week. I haven't been to a class since Tuesday and its killing me LOL. Had to work late and couldn't make it to my dojo or gym in time for the classes. I try the treadmill and stationary bike but find it too boring. Being in a group setting of (mostly women) people of all shapes sizes and ages who are gung ho about the same thing you are doing is really infectious!

Fitness classes! I absolutely love them, I find myself constantly checking the schedules at my dojo or gym to see how many classes I can fit into one week. Fitness Kickboxing at my dojo and mostly Group Power at the gym are my stand by's 5 days a week. :)

I'm all about the workout, too! I have an awesome series of classes that I go to. Also, now that I've lost almost one hundred pounds, I find myself shopping a bit too much. Since I am still 40 lbs away from goal, I really try to spend more money on jewelry and less on clothing. I get a lot of stuff from Old Navy since it's pretty affordable, and I'll save the real fashionista stuff for when I hit goal!

Working out has gotta be the best addiction of all!