Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on Monday 9/30... The last two days have been an emotional roller coaster. I am finding my self depressed and tired. I feel like I want to climb in a hole and hide. For once in my life I don't want to eat, I have had no issues with keep foods or liquids down. Any suggestions?

Hi there, sometimes anesthesia and pain medications can effect mood, plus the low blood sugar from not eating. I hope you feel better soon!

I was banded on Monday 9/30... The last two days have been an emotional roller coaster. I am finding my self depressed and tired. I feel like I want to climb in a hole and hide. For once in my life I don't want to eat, I have had no issues with keep foods or liquids down. Any suggestions?

This too shall pass. I'm not trying to be flip, I'm just saying what you are going through is very common. As your body heals, your mood will improve and this will all just be a bad memory. Hang in there and welcome to the other side.

I was banded that same day too. It's going to take a while for us to get adjusted, physically and mentally. Are you feeling well enough to go for a stroll outside? It's good for you and it will put in you a better mood. Or call up a friend that you can confide in. Or just sleep. Our bodies have been through a lot!

PS From what I've heard from others, we are going to have lots more time and money on our hands that we would have used for eating in the past. It's time to use that extra time for yourself, either pampering yourself or on a new hobby. What will you do with your new free time and money?

(I have saved at least $30 last week from not buying my usual morning bagel. At least $40 from not stopping for fast food....I'll have to save it for new clothes and a gym membership instead!)

I got my band the same day as well. My pain med is a Lortab elixir with Acetaminophen. I sit stoned for two hrs and then sleep for two hrs with every dose. Went off of it for daytime a few days ago and just take it at nigh now. I'm feeling much better. If you're having the same issues, maybe it's time to stop taking yours too. You should be able to tolerate some pain by now. Walking helps. Or maybe you could use just Tylenol during the day now without the narcotic. I hope you feel better soon.

the emotional problem is partly due to anesthesia... the other issue is we wake up and think oh my God what did I do? but all of this will pass and when you start feeling stronger and healthier that will make you feel much better.. focus on healing for now.. don't watch the scale and think of all the great things you will be able to do when you get thinner and healthier..

I was banded that same day too. It's going to take a while for us to get adjusted, physically and mentally. Are you feeling well enough to go for a stroll outside? It's good for you and it will put in you a better mood. Or call up a friend that you can confide in. Or just sleep. Our bodies have been through a lot!

PS From what I've heard from others, we are going to have lots more time and money on our hands that we would have used for eating in the past. It's time to use that extra time for yourself, either pampering yourself or on a new hobby. What will you do with your new free time and money?

(I have saved at least $30 last week from not buying my usual morning bagel. At least $40 from not stopping for fast food....I'll have to save it for new clothes and a gym membership instead!)

Love this message! I think I'm going to print it out and post for myself for six weeks from now when I will be where you guys are....

Love this message! I think I'm going to print it out and post for myself for six weeks from now when I will be where you guys are....

Thank you for the supportive words. I have been taking short walks, it is still warm in the afternoons here. I have also been spending time on Pinterest looking for new Soup recipes since I will never be able to eat chicken broth again.

Thank you for the supportive words. I have been taking short walks, it is still warm in the afternoons here. I have also been spending time on Pinterest looking for new Soup recipes since I will never be able to eat chicken broth again.

I am five days post op, and I am being quite emotional today. I want to snack with my kids and go to my usual comfort which is food, so now I'm trying to find things to occupy my mind so I don't think about food. I'm also still pretty sore from surgery and my nurse had a heck of a time starting my iv so I have a baseball sized bruise on each arm which make me look terrible! I can't wait for these first weeks post op to be a distant memory.

I am five days post op, and I am being quite emotional today. I want to snack with my kids and go to my usual comfort which is food, so now I'm trying to find things to occupy my mind so I don't think about food. I'm also still pretty sore from surgery and my nurse had a heck of a time starting my iv so I have a baseball sized bruise on each arm which make me look terrible! I can't wait for these first weeks post op to be a distant memory.

Yesterday, day five for me. I was a emotional mess. I sobbed for a couple of hours which is not like me, the last time I cried was over 10 years ago when my grandmother passed. This is an emotional roller coaster.... More of a mind game I'm starting to think. Us newbies just need to band together and support each other.

Yesterday, day five for me. I was a emotional mess. I sobbed for a couple of hours which is not like me, the last time I cried was over 10 years ago when my grandmother passed. This is an emotional roller coaster.... More of a mind game I'm starting to think. Us newbies just need to band together and support each other.

I banded on 30th sept too... One day I sat in my house pretended I didnt hear my phone to family i said I was asleep. I have 2 young ones and forced smiles... I just wanted to say to my husband what have I done? This was 4 days after my fitting. I'm on 6 days now and I have booked a facial massage... Ive planned my Soup flavours all week, i started doing a little more housework and sit down to Iron lol.... My moods were haywire and I think it's because it's not an immediate result that dong help... Lots of success stories on here and my 3 friends have lost 5 stone plus... Keep focused and just think how your improving health and fitness in the long run.... Watch funny films etc ...don't over analyse it ... You'll be fine ... It's all long term not immediate xxxx