Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still on the coffee subject

My nutritionist requested I stopped drinking coffee a month prior to the surgery. I can comply with everything. But this is being a major challenge. Does anyone know why the "no coffee rule"?

That's one of the rules that is not universal. Some say that coffee hinders weight loss...others disagree. Is your nutritionist banded? I drank coffee like crazy and lost 127lbs doing so. Some say not to drink coffee because it's a diaretic...so what? If you pee more then drink more! Ironically, I did have to give up coffee because the caffeine was giving me headaches so I now drink Decaf exclusively. Have you talked to your doc about it? I'd go with his advice over the nutrtionist personally.

That's one of the rules that is not universal. Some say that coffee hinders weight loss...others disagree. Is your nutritionist banded? I drank coffee like crazy and lost 127lbs doing so. Some say not to drink coffee because it's a diaretic...so what? If you pee more then drink more! Ironically' date=' I did have to give up coffee because the caffeine was giving me headaches so I now drink Decaf exclusively. Have you talked to your doc about it? I'd go with his advice over the nutrtionist personally.[/quote']

My major concern might be if there is any health risk.

But since you are banded and still lost then I guess I shouldn't be so worried.

It has been rough and it's making me crazy.

So thank you. Also I'm getting banded here in Puerto Rico. My surgeon is a pioneer on the surgeries. But she is so unapproachable. I feel like I have to go through so much to ask her a question. It's kind of annoying.

Again. Thank you for your response. I will use my judgement. I guess a little coffee won't be so bad.

Millyed

Hazel hit it on the head. My doc said they don't like us to drink coffee because of the acidity but so many of us over-indulge or go after some food/beverages to the extreme. He told me that if I only drink one or two cups a day, that's fine and that's me. I only drink one cup in the morning so I'm cleared to drink coffee.

One of the first questions I asked was whether I could drink coffee.. cause really at my age there's not a whole lot of things I can do.. I don't smoke, I dont drink, and my wild and sexy days have long past but giving up coffee is a deal breaker.. he said you can absolutley drink coffee as long as you don't drink too much and if it doesn't cause reflux... so depends on the Dr. I suppose.. I suppose if I really had to give it up I would to benefit from my band but glad so far I haven't had to...

I was told coffee is fine it's the Creamer, sugar, bento caramel white chocolate extra whip extra fat drinks that they want me to stay away from.

I couldn't function without coffee. Never stopped drinking it. Never had any reflux problems - more gas from lettuce than any coffee issue. GOD BLESS JAVA!

nectar of the gods!!! :D

I was told coffee is fine it's the creamer' date=' sugar, bento caramel white chocolate extra whip extra fat drinks that they want me to stay away from.[/quote']

Lol Carrie!!! This is the only way that I enjoy coffee....so I had to give it up. But boy do I miss my Marylou's Girl Scout cookie with extra whipped cream!!!!

Lol Carrie!!! This is the only way that I enjoy coffee....so I had to give it up. But boy do I miss my Marylou's Girl Scout cookie with extra whipped cream!!!!

I love a good latte. I get it with half the milk now and when I make coffee at home I use 1 Tb creamer. I am wayyyyyyy to addicted to give it up right now on top of bread, and soda. :)

Thank you all. I love coffee. I had it at least 4 times a day. Here in Puerto Rico it's difficult to not drink coffee. You smell it everywhere. So I decided instead of 4 I will have a small one AM so I can open my eyes. Because without it I can't even see. Thank you all!!!!