Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandits 2006 May talk

I'm deff a little frustrated with my slow loss so far, but I keep telling myself it will get better after my first fill. I'm just very hungry most of the time - which is a struggle, but I've done well...but that hasn't really proved itself on my scale. My first fill is on Thursday so I'm excited, but I'm also worried that I should have lost more by now and that my doc will be disapointed. I've also had a fair amount of port pain and didnt start excersising until last week - and even then it was a pretty pathetic attempt. Today was the first day that I had a good workout, so I'm hoping that getting back into the gym will help me get over this little hump.

OMGoodness everyone, I had my first fill on Thursday and have lots of restrictions, I foolishly didn't have liquids first 24 hours and massive pb, not good, so keep the faith, this fill is working for me so far!

amourette XX

Efficka, have a great trip, don't do anything we wouldn't do, hehehe!!! Write when you get back and tell us all about it!!!

Love Amourette!

Hello all April Bandits,

Banded April 4, 2006, and doing well. To date I have lost 24llbs. I had my first fill May 18, 2006, and I have great restriction. Good luck and blessings to you all.

Hi fellow April 2006 Bandits.

Can you believe that we're all coming up on the 2 month mark of our bandings? Time sure has flown by, we were all so scared just a short time ago. I get my first fill in one week. Have very little restriction, can eat anything up to this point with no problems at all, but I do eat a lot less than I ever did before. Am trying to be very good about food choices but when I get a craving for something, I have it, but usually just one and then the craving is gone. So far, I haven't had anything that has set back my forward (downward) progress. I am feeling great and sometimes I even forget that I have this band. I have yet to really start an exercise program. Right now for me, my exercise is getting outside to do the yard work. This weekend I managed to trim shrubs, mow the law, do some weed wacking, plant several bushes, flowers, seeds and dug out two stumps in my front yard. I think I lost 3 pounds working up a good sweat. It seems like right now I have more energy than I have had in years and it feels good. People around me that don't even know that I have the band are commenting about my weight loss.

Keep posting about your progress. I'm sure everyone in our April group really wants to hear how we are all doing at this stage.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Disneynut you are right.....isn't it amazinf how time passes, and how nervous we were all to the countdown of the days till surgery!

ROBERTA, please let me know where you are going? ARe you off on holiday!

So all I had my first fill on Thursday, which I hadn't expected, couldn't keep anyting down for Friday, went to Singapore Monday till Wednesday ( don't forget we are ahead in time zones here), ate reasonably well although I was worried with the altitude, was fine on board, but on the ground back at home today couldn't even keep hummus down, I read someone elses thread that said the band can change from day to day.....I am starting to believe that!

I am not looking at scales anymore, hope you guys won't do the same either and focus on better, healthier food.< /p>

Will let you know how the flying goes for me.......interestingly enough after 6 weeks surgery, I found it difficult to bend up and down and put dirty trays back into the cart, should get better soon.

Waiting to hear from you all, I think we should get the June chat goiing soon, any takers!?

Amourette XXX:)

Hi Guys Im down 20 pds had first fill on May 25--1.6 in my 4 cc band still hungry all the time hope it gets better!!

The only thing I really struggled with was a weird week of feeling really depressed. It was bad.

I had exactly the same thing! I thought it was a delayed reaction to having been off my anti-depressants for 4 days post-op, but when I mentioned it in passing to my doc, he said it's a common side effect of anesthesia. Go figure. I wish I'd have known because I wouldn't have worried about it so much.

I went in for my second fill today. Looking forward to testing it out and seeing if I have some restriction this time. If not, they will just have to give me a third next week!

Good luck to you all,

Hi to all, I was banded on April 19. I lost about 7 pounds initially, but gained all of it back. I am so hungry all the time. Everything I eat goes right down.

I get my first fill tomorrow and I hope it gets me going. I can hardly wait. I will post soon to let you all know the progress.

I was banded April 28 and have lost 30 lbs. My first fill is June 5, and I'm looking forward to some restriction, because I haven't yet experienced anything that the band has done. My entire weight loss is due, I think, to my scrupulous adherence to the dietary guidelines given me. I'm currently eating 700-800 calories a day, gradually moving up to 1000. I'm feeling very positive but would like some help in allaying hunger.

Bostongurl...you are doing grat 40 pounds in less than 2 months! That is fabulous.

Hey my April bandits!!!!!! I've lost 30 lbs since April 21. Go in for my first fill on June 5 I have lost inches inches inches though. I've lost 2 inches off my arms an inch off my neck 6 off my thighs 4 off my hips and 3 off my breast. So my clothes are starting to look funny and my face is thinner. I can't really see it. But several people say my face is thinner. I will have to post a picture and let yall decide.

Hi all - so I had my first fill yesterday, which was a bit more painful/uncomfortable then what I was expecting, but it was certainly doable. I'm back on liquids for a couple of days, which is no fun, but if it's what I have to do, i'll do it. I've not felt that great today, I think it's b/c my decrease in cal/prot intake, but i'll figure it out.

NJ girl, thanks for the compliment, but the 40lbs has been since Jan. (20lbs pre-op, 20lbs since surgery.)

Hope everyone is well.

Hey gang!

I started an April Bandits June thread because I was having a hard time finding this one.

Can you believe it's been two months for some of us and coming up on two for the rest??

Audra