Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandits 2006 May talk

Hey Girls, I am on my 23rd day and have dropped 19 pounds and lots of inches. Just be careful of what you eat and eat healthy. I dropped 15 and then thought I never would and this morning I had lost another 4. I excercise everyday ( Walk ) and don't eat between meals. My doc says no more and no less than 4-6oz per meal and Recommends nothing but a Protein Drink for Breakfast. I make my meals last at least 30-35 min. and don't drink for at least an hour-hour and a half afterwards. I eat fish of all kinds just baked or grilled,chicken,ground beef,pork loin and then nothing but veggies. Hope this helps some of you and keep it up.:D

Sallyjo

thanks for your great input. I am very motivated and hope to be able to be just as disciplined as you. I have 100 pounds to lose , so I plan to take it with month to month goals.

I go to curves fitness daily now and does anyone know how soon i will be able to resume it after surgery?

Hey April buddies - glad to see everyone keeping in touch. I was banded on April 26th and have lost around 15lbs since. I've kinda stalled with the loss for the last week, but am okay with that, I couldnt loose a pound a day for too much longer! My port area is pretty sore, so I'm a bit scared to get back to the gym, but I have been walking. I know as soon as I get back to the gym I will start loosing again.

keep up the good work and stay in touch.

Hi April Bandits.

I am doing well since my surgery on April 6th. I'm down about 30 pounds since mid-March and am feeling just fine. I am on regular foods now and don't have much restriction. I can eat anything right now, but I 98% of the time are doing just fine with no junk, just healthy, good food. I'm sorry that some of you are still on mushies but I had barbequed chicken with just a very small portion of macaroni salad for dinner not trying to rub it in, really I'm not). I go to my mom's for dinner 3 or 4 nights a week and she always makes something on those days that I can eat. I try to keep to the chicken and beef that is super tender and moist. I get my first fill on June 6th. I try to stay away from rice and Pasta but I can eat those with no problems right now. I went out to a nice Italian restaurant yesterday and had a very small and thin piece of bread which I chewed on forever. Only one person besides my family knows I have the band and I don't want to raise the red flag with them about eating. I have always eaten very slowly but I know right now I'm not eating slow enough or chewing enough. I had better practice again because once I get that fill, I will regret it if I don't change my ways. I had a donut last weekend because I really craved it and you know what, it really didn't do anything for me. I really don't miss the junk food or soda and I was a big root beer drinker. I haven't had a soda in almost 2 months. Now basically all I drink is Water.

Amourette -

I feel your pain with struggling with mushies. I was doing great the first 3 weeks on liquids then mushies but the last couple of days before I moved to soft foods I don't think I could have taken one more serving of creamed Soup. I had to chew something or I think I would have gone mad so I had two small round crackers at night that I ate in super small bites. Have you tried refried Beans (low fat or fat free of course)? Chili, baked potatoes, butternut squash, hummas, cottage cheese, even canned peaches, they all turn to mush very quickly in your mouth. I think because you haven't gone back to work yet, your mind doesn't stop thinking about food. When do you get back to flying again?

Keep up the good work - you're in the home stretch now!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

I was banded April 13th and have lost between 13-18 lbs. It fluctuates so bad I can't keep up with it. I never really had a strict diet to follow....did liquids for 4-5 days then on to mushies and regular soft food at week 3. I go for first fill next Thursday and can't wait. I have never had ANY kind of restriction and can eat anything. I'm looking forward to feeling at least some restriction and not have to depend so much on willpower to stop eating.

Hi to all.

I was banded on April 19. I did fine on the liquid and mushie stage, and am on regular foods now. I am so hungry that it has suprised me, even though I had read some other posts of people who are also eating out of control before their fills. I have NO restriction at all right now, but did have some in the begining (from swelling, I'm sure). It has been a struggle. What weight I lost post-op, I have gained back. I am just trying to do my best until I get my fill on June 1st.

I actually started taking some Phentermine I had left over a couple of days ago to help with my hunger. I have never looked forward to something as much as I am this fill coming up. I just hope I get at least a little restriction and don't have to wait until another one to feel it.

When are you scheduled to get a fill?

sleepyjean,

Are you sure you posted to the right thread? No one said that as far as I can see.

Hello to all of the April 2006 Bandits!

I feel so out of things as I've only been able to read and not post as much as I would like.

Thank goodness I only have three more days of school with students and then one more day to wrap everything up. Also, grad school has kind of been kicking my butt lately. Nothing like trying to read four chapters, work on a project, keep the kids at school happy, and not fall asleep while doing any of it.

Looks like we're all doing pretty well with things and that a lot of us have made it through our first fill. Keep up the good work everybody!

Audra

It is so easy to become obsessed with the scale. We have to remember that we really aren't supposed to lose weight UNTIL we get the PROPER restriction. Which means we MAY not get that restriction until fill # 2 or 3. I know I'm frustrated too, I want this weight off NOW, I don't want to wait another day, not another minute!!!!! Some of you guys have really done well with your loss so far, and have kept it off. Congratulations. For the rest of us we just have to hang tough, once we are able to exercise and have some restriction we should see major progress. Even if we haven't loss as much as we would like, it's still more than we would have loss without the band. Be happy about what you have loss.

Congratulations to all the April 2006 Bandits!!!

Roberta

Hey Roberta and everybody,

you are right we just must stick with the plan and everything will be fine. I went for my 5weeks checkup and the nurse told me that I look great the doc said Im doing well.He also said that I cant work on my abs for at least another 2months and my first fill will be not earlier than in two montths. He said he wants everything to heal perfectly and the band to "sit down" (or adjust, I hope that you understand me,cause my English is insufficient right now:-) Everybody is doing great, just stick to the plan and work hard,I know its not easy( and I know it damn well) but we can do it!! and in no time we will wear sizes without X!!!

Hey Eva, your English is excellent and we understand you just fine. Yes... we want to get rid of that dreaded "X" !!!!!!!

Roberta

I have been a bit quiet lately..........I have been moving house, what a nightmare, especially when I can't lift heavy things........I have had to do a lot of 'supervising' instead!!!!!!

I go Thursday for my check-up, I don't think a fill is soon for me either........my tummy is still very tender, and I feel this weird lump in my throat, hope it is just my imagination! I have stopped weighing myself, I have decided it isn't worth it at this time......so I put the scales away. I will resume when I get my first fill and things start moving again properly. I don't have much restriction and seem to be able to eat anything, so have decided I will have to get a nutritionist who works in this area to help me.

Other than that it is very rainy and miserable down here........lots of storms!:rolleyes