Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pain in my lower side..

Was banded on the 18th..things having been going well until tonight..I gave into a temptation and ate chicken wings and some pizza. Suppose to be only eating yogurt consist foods. Yikes now I'm having pain in my lower left side. I did chew really really good. I think the pain is not from tbe food but maybe a ligment.. well I'm on the couch resting... sucks

It's not about how well you chew it, it's about not throwing food into your stomach it's not ready for yet. Your stomach has been stitched, manipulated, banded, and overall injured. By cheating on your post op diet you are risking doing very serious damage to not only your band but your body.

Tell you doctor what you did and let him make sure you didn't do any damage.

Best wishes.

It's not about how well you chew it, it's about not throwing food into your stomach it's not ready for yet. Your stomach has been stitched, manipulated, banded, and overall injured. By cheating on your post op diet you are risking doing very serious damage to not only your band but your body.

Tell you doctor what you did and let him make sure you didn't do any damage.

Best wishes.

very well said

Yes by all means let your Dr. know.. I am amazed that anyone could eat pizza or wings at that stage.. I was barely eating yogurt and refried beans.. lol... but as Missy said make sure you didn't do any damage then move on... use your band and follow the rules you will be happy you did...

Ok so I called the dr. Felt like I was calling the preist and doing a confessional

. So all is good. Just to stick to my diet and the pain is probably from gas build up. Yes I did here him chuckle. Lol. Ok no laughing matter but lesson learned. And let me tell you how I got to this point so if anyone else is doing or did the same thing I did maybe they might stop before making this mistake. I started out with my husband insisting I taste a piece of his steak. I did a tiny little sliver. Well nothing happened. So I did it again. And again. Then I ate some cheezets nothing happened but a little gas pain. Then it escalated before you know it I was eating chicken wings and pizza . Ok so obviously the reason why I had this done is because I have poor self control.well a lesson learned. The pain has subsided but ive broke wind quite a few times today. Lol save me from myself.

Ok so I called the dr. Felt like I was calling the preist and doing a confessional . So all is good. Just to stick to my diet and the pain is probably from gas build up. Yes I did here him chuckle. Lol. Ok no laughing matter but lesson learned. And let me tell you how I got to this point so if anyone else is doing or did the same thing I did maybe they might stop before making this mistake. I started out with my husband insisting I taste a piece of his steak. I did a tiny little sliver. Well nothing happened. So I did it again. And again. Then I ate some cheezets nothing happened but a little gas pain. Then it escalated before you know it I was eating chicken wings and pizza . Ok so obviously the reason why I had this done is because I have poor self control.well a lesson learned. The pain has subsided but ive broke wind quite a few times today. Lol save me from myself.

Smack your husband! He shouldn't have tempted you that way! You went through so much to have this surgery, you need support, not enablers!!! Good for you for calling your surgeon and getting back on track!

Lol he learned his lesson too, after watching me polish that down he has been very supportive. Not wanti g me to screw up a again