Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you have WLS again?

I would, put I would be more educated before I actually do surgery. Thought I knew it all, I knew nothing!!! I much more knowledgeable now, and I seek information as well, as well as now have people I can ask.

Best thing I have done. Glad I never chose the other surgeries. they have too many problems.

Still alive and kicking so For me the answer is yes I would do the surgery again.

Definately would . I am so much healthier and active... looking forward to getting to my goal...

A thousand times, YES. I say that without an ounce of hesitation. At my age, the chances were slim to none that I would get the weight off. I'm 2/3 of the way there, and I feel a hundred times better. I just said to my client today, that my knees no longer...or rarely hurt. Before surgery, I was going down hill fast. Now, my whole world looks so different, and I'm thankful every day that I was able to have this surgery.

Given the same circumstances, YES.

I have so many more resources and knowledge now...and motivation!

It was exciting to see the weight coming off, wonderful to hear and share with other people going thru the same thing, to be learning a lot about myself. One of the most significant things I learned was to not be afraid to be hungry! Those first two weeks on Clear Liquids was very difficult, but it's also what it took to teach me.

I'm grateful that I was able to have the Lap Band surgery and I have no regrets, though I do wish I had had it done a long time ago.

I am also grateful that I was able to have the band removed when my body could no longer work with it. I still have 40 pounds to lose, but I'm in such a better position to accomplish that on my own than I was pre-band.

The Lap Band, though just a powerful tool, was also empowering to me. It helped me learn to be in control of my eating. It feels really good to be in control of what, when, and how much I eat. There is a certain comfort in that :)

~hiddn

look at me in green (before)

and me currently in black....

you have my answer to your question.

gallery_328633_11866_5079.jpg

4 years post op....never any band problems, not one!

Down 135 lbs...feel better than I have ever felt in my life physically, my PCP is thrilled with the health results. Labwork perfect. My surgeon calling me a success. It wasn't always easy or fast for me....but it's so worth it!

Also, I couldn't/wouldn't have gotten to where I am today without this very site and the friendships I've made here. The knowledge and motivation I get here is priceless. Sure there will be disagreements over this or that topic, but in the end we all are after the same goal....to be healthy! Never, Ever give up :)

look at me in green (before)

and me currently in black....

you have my answer to your question.

Wow. Amazing you have changed your life so much. Happy to see positive answers to this question. Lots of negativity. Don't want that. Happy for us!